Having A Bad Day / Week/ Month

jubby

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My idiot mate just emailed me to tell me the Aussie dollar is crashing and burning against the baht.

Nothing worse than bad news you already know. :D:D:)

Not quite crashing and burning mate.

The Oz dollar has been hovering around 27 THB for about

3 weeks now.

Not as good as 30 THB about 2 months ago but a lot better

than the 22 THB 18 months ago.

Regards

Will

Yeah well, I've had all the John Denver I want this week.

Jub, did you know the three little squares at the right hand end of the tool bar when you're posting is for Youtube links?

You get a little screen embedded in the post. (See my post 203#)

Edited by sceadugenga

Yeah well, I've had all the John Denver I want this week.

Jub, did you know the three little squares at the right hand end of the tool bar when you're posting is for Youtube links?

You get a little screen embedded in the post. (See my post 203#)

Toolbar !? What Toolbar :D

Thanks Scea, Nice touch. I won't be using it often though. Only know about 10 John Denver tracks :):D

Agreed Will, agreed, I just felt left out because everyone was having bad days except me.

I don't suppose you'd have many sitting out the back enjoying your view with a cold one. :)

I think I'd prefer to be sitting out the back with a hot one :-)

You hearing me??

Regards

Will

Edited by Will27

I knew a guy once. (This should be the name of a thread, too.)

He was married and had been for a long time.

He trusted his wife.

She trusted him.

One night, while both were asleep, she was dreaming and cried out loud, "Oh MY GOD!! It's my husband!"

Before the guy could think, he had grabbed his pants and dived out the window.

The trust was gone.

Getting there.

Spent a late afternoon/early evening trudging trails with Soap. That in itself will cure some things.

You must fancy yourself some sort of rabbit or hare or something. :)

More like a chance to get to visit with a good dude and see some country.

But the next one is coming up in another week or so.

Be there. Or be square.

• 2 weeks later...

It is one thing to start of dry and drive through an occasional shower. It is another thing to start off in a torrential downpour with no end in sight. Especially on a motorcycle driving through the mountains. Then again maybe I'm just a pussy and like my comfort.

Riding in rain is not that big a deal with proper gear, but the minor discomfort factor is way outweighed by the danger factor.

Greatly diminished traction, oncoming drivers with fogged-up windshields, downed tree branches in the middle of corners, etc.

Sounds prudent to wait a day or 2, VF.

We'll probably pass each other on the road- I fancy a visit to CR sometime soon.

Riding in rain is not that big a deal with proper gear, but the minor discomfort factor is way outweighed by the danger factor.

Greatly diminished traction, oncoming drivers with fogged-up windshields, downed tree branches in the middle of corners, etc.

Sounds prudent to wait a day or 2, VF.

We'll probably pass each other on the road- I fancy a visit to CR sometime soon.

I guess you missed my good day post. Been to Chiang Mai and back. Had to drive much slower in the rain and the bikes were filthy by the time we got to the dealer's shop. Wearing mesh and microfiber, everything ran down into my lap. Upper body dried off in the wind but I felt like I was sitting in a puddle part of the way. We only got hit by one brief cloudburst on the way back, nothing like the ride over in the morning.

Where the heck is Flatouthruthefog when we need him?

I suspect YOU have the potential for an entertaining post here, something along the lines of BIL & cutting grass.

Or maybe the third party could enlighten us, seeing as it was probably just as bad a day for him . :)

Where the heck is Flatouthruthefog when we need him?

I suspect YOU have the potential for an entertaining post here, something along the lines of BIL & cutting grass.

Or maybe the third party could enlighten us, seeing as it was probably just as bad a day for him . :)

Nah. That is privy info.

But I could write many a story in this thread. I suspect we all could.

Unless we get a lot of rain soon, we will not have these views from our yard, this year. Not enough water for many of the fields out in the middle of this area and no water in the dam. In other words, a bad year for the local farmers.

Unless we get a lot of rain soon, we will not have these views from our yard, this year. Not enough water for many of the fields out in the middle of this area and no water in the dam. In other words, a bad year for the local farmers.

That is a nice pool your have there VF, full Olympic size ? And a nice canoe.

Now I understand why you can keep yourself that fit!

Good for you!

B):PB)

That is a nice pool your have there VF, full Olympic size ? And a nice canoe.

Now I understand why you can keep yourself that fit!

Good for you!

B):PB)

The pond is roughly one rai, but other than the fish, Cookie (dog) is the only one who swims in it regularly. The 'canoe' in an antique that barely floats on dry land. The only fitness to be derived from it would be by trying to lift one end. :huh: The pond, does on occasion, provide dinner. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

It has been a good few last days. Got the steel roof installed on the wife's new "external kitchen". We all have two kitchens. don't we? Thanks to a decent neighbor, who has been pretty good help. Sometimes, it just takes a helping hand to get us motivated. Unfortunately, now that the roof is on, there is a whole slew of projects that involve getting the new kitchen laid out and set up "just right". Ha! I'll never get caught up. Counters, sinks, plumbing, wiring, shelving, doors, windows........