Starting Up A Bartending & Molecular Mixology School

truered

hi

me and my family have a similar business in milan, and are looking into doing something similar here, but for farang to be educated in the art of mixology and flair (cocktail making, wine etc..).

does anybody have any decent links or information regarding applying for and processing a education certificate/permit?

many thanks

Do not listen to some of the foolishness here

There is a US gal on one the islands with an underwater video school, teaching people how to film professionally underwater and doing quite well

You need to get all the info required to start and register and business and for work permits

There are many foreign owned language schools

Bar tending is on the NOT FARANG PERMMITTED TO WORK LIST. You need to reconsider.

so you cant teach someone a trade in thailand, because you cant work in that field in this country?

You asked a good question and that is one that you need to research. I am aware of the schooling you are offering. In the US these schools offer on the job training and placement assistance. If you market your school just to farangs you may be in for a tough time But if you market yourself toward the Thais you may have a chance. Just remember a bar tender is a no no in Thailand for any farang punishable by fine and deportation. That said are there foreigners that are behind the bar, Yes and they take a BIG Chance. Do your research and wish you will.

I am not sure if this is the proper forum for this. You might want to take a look in the business forum. Be aware that you can't post the same topic in two places, but we can either close this one or move it if there is a better forum for it.

My son paid for a bar-tending course in Texas. He got his license and tended bar for years. But I don't know about Thailand.

Thanks for letting all of us know that your son was a bar keeper in Texas and he paid for his course. But it's not about your son, please don't get me wrong.

"does anybody have any decent links or information regarding applying for and processing a education certificate/permit?"

"Processing a education certificate/permit?" Are you really asking where and how you can get a fake I don't know what???

If you manage to set this business up, it won't be as a 'school'- the paperwork and trouble associated with that are just too hard. I even know Thais with amazing credentials who have set up what are effectively 'schools' under other names because it's just too much trouble to deal with the Ministry of Education.

If you manage to set this business up, it won't be as a 'school'- the paperwork and trouble associated with that are just too hard. I even know Thais with amazing credentials who have set up what are effectively 'schools' under other names because it's just too much trouble to deal with the Ministry of Education.

They might top "Pizza company". I've met Italians running a resaurant in Khon Kaen making good money and tasty Pizzas. Why don't you do something else?

Americans are here in the Isan trying to mix a cocktail, but then the cocktai is mixing them up.

Please send me your email, and I'll be the first student to learn how to make a cocktail. Or was it Bobtail? Sorry, but Alzheimer's isn't really cool at all.

The good news here is that you don't need to pay the ITALIAN Mafia. (Sorry to say, but being from Eurpope I know that all Pizza/Pasta/Mama soup shops have to pay.) Good luck. Sisaket needs people like you.

Just some tips and free cocktails, Pizzas, and other stuff for everybody. I'll come and eat free Pizza too.

Edited by Sisaketmike

Bar tending is on the NOT FARANG PERMMITTED TO WORK LIST. You need to reconsider.

Don't be selfish. It should be: My family and I......but ok you're Italian. Wannaaa haav a verrryy guud Pizza, or de Pasta maight bee betta. De Ide Creem it velly velly goood 2.

Hope you're not talking about drug cocktails, it's already here. sayonara.

My son paid for a bar-tending course in Texas. He got his license and tended bar for years. But I don't know about Thailand.

I have a bartending certificate from Harvard. Beat that. Of course, I never actually worked in a bar as that would be real work. But it is fun to call for obscure drinks at bars and then have to tell the bartender how to make them!

Edited by Jingthing

I have a bartending certificate from Harvard. Beat that. Of course, I never actually worked in a bar as that would be real work. But it is fun to call for obscure drinks at bars and then have to tell the bartender how to make them!

Our son just made his Master Degree (Major Cocktails) in Oxford. But the first cocktail was so salty that we decided to ask an Italian how to make a cock?tail?

And the guy came back with cheep Itallian wine, called Lambrusco. They must be good Cocktailers, or even Bobtailers, indeed.

There was a mixology/bartending school in CM for a bit. It failed rather quickly.

Go head out to the bars, the Thai bars that actually make money in Chiang Mai.

Notice that hardly anyone ever orders a mixed drink or cocktail, there isn't a demand for them, which I would say means there is little demand for a bartending school.

Not trying to rain on your parade, just trying to help you save your investment capital.