Kashmiri Chili Powder...?

jingjingna

Tandoori Chicken!

Love the stuff...but where to buy this particular powder, I don't know. :) Have tried various recipes but the chicken does not come out looking like the tandoori/chicken tikka found in Indian restaurants all over the world.

Apparently it's this particular powder that gives the chicken that nice orangy red distinct colour. I have tried using Paprika but it doesn't work the same. Any ideas? ..No, I don't want to use red food colouring as a cop out! :D

I believe the Kashmiri red chilli powder is the proper source of the colouring though I know a drop of red colouring would bring about the desired colour but it's the original stuff I'm after.

Sharonb, do you mean Yaowrat in Bangkok? If, so I think I can wait! :)

I believe the Kashmiri red chilli powder is the proper source of the colouring though I know a drop of red colouring would bring about the desired colour but it's the original stuff I'm after.

Sharonb, do you mean Yaowrat in Bangkok? If, so I think I can wait! :)

Not Yaowarat

Phahurat. It is little India

Deggji Mirch is a chilli powder that is very red. They also sell something specially for tandoori.

There are lots of shops there selling indian products

Or you can ask them for Kashmri red chilli powder and see if they have it.

There's a variet of chilli powder available there

If you can't find Kashmiri chili powder, you can substitute 3 parts paprika to 1 part cayenne pepper. It's not an exact flavor match, but it'll get you the red color.

As a last choice call this number and see if the lady stocks this

Mobile:0841077867