Sample Invitation Letter Schengen Visa

Sorry if there is a similar post. I tried searching but nothing matching my post came up.

Does someone have a link where I can find a template for an invitation letter to Denmark. My husband (Thai) and I will travel there this summer to visit family, and I am not sure what needs to be in it.

Thanks!

Go to Denmark embassy visa site and look closely at the site. One of the downloads is a form to be filled out by the sponsors in Denmark.It is a three page form in Danish, English and Thai. My wife just got approval for her Schengen visa to visit Denmark; they are quite reasonable just submit all the detailed things they ask for.

I also spent some time searching for LOI template, but found nothing suitable, so I wrote one that was accepted by the consulate of the Schengen state that my Thai wife was applying to for a visit visa. (Not Denmark)

I have attached the letter layout, the most important points to include are:

The dates of intended travel

The address the applicant will be staying at

To state that you will be responsible for all accomodation, costs etc. and that the applicant will obey the terms of the visa and return to Thailand at the end of the trip.

The letter may need to be legalised by your embassy, mine was submitted along with the details page of my passport and a legalised copy of our Thai marriage certificate.

The Schengen visa Form and process was revised on 5th April this year, so information you may find on the web might be outdated. I would recommend calling the embassy and checking what their exact requirements are.

Hope this helps.

Letter_of_Invitation.pdf

Edited by Yarco

Thanks for the heads up about the changes. I will call and be sure we have the right information.

And thank you for the letter, though I am not sure it is right for us.

I should have stated that I am a Canadian and my husband has Permanant Resident status here in Canada. We would like to visit (extended) family in Denmark, and it is they who need to write the letter. As well, they are not paying for our stay. We have more than sufficient funds in our bank account, so should that be stated in the letter? I am also under the understanding that the letter is to be addressed to him, and not the embassy. Is this true?

Thanks so much for any help!