BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
SWEDE CHIANG RAI

All sorts of things about Chiang Rai

Today i found in big c bookstore 2 strips of TIN TIN(kuifje) original from herge someone knows where i can find more titles i have (le crabe aux princes d"or -les cigares du pharaon)

Today i found in big c bookstore 2 strips of TIN TIN(kuifje) original from herge someone knows where i can find more titles i have (le crabe aux princes d"or -les cigares du pharaon)

In the mean time they have five Tin-Tin titles already in Big C's bookstore. I would love to be able to read them again, but they are in Thai.

Funny, written about fifty/sixty years ago in Belgium and now appealing to Thai kids.

Little Pam took the book, started reading and after five minutes she switched of the television.

You ever saw a kid voluntarily turn of the television?

Even Dr Kwanthep (see under 'dental care in Chiangrai') couldn't resist the temptation.

They cost 150 Baht and are an ideal present to parents. Sometimes even to the children themselves.

Nice to have on your table. A Tin-Tin book on your table makes you look younger. Much better than these glossy magazines about housedesign, cars and golf (especially when your house looks like shit, you are driving in a pick-up and you only played golf twice in your life).

Lucky Luck and the Dalton Brothers next?

Limbo :o

Don't know Tin Tin.

I was a Beano and Dandy kid.

Hi Limbo,

Have you found Tintin yet?

I found this thread and it is so good so I wanted to take it up from the basement ant put it on top.

Lots of information about everything! Good reading for everyone in CR!

:o:D :D

Hi Svenivan,

I merged Jozef's Tin Tin topic with this one, but to my surprise it ended up above your posting where I expected it to come after it.

Anyhow, the information is there.

In the mean time I must have bought at least eight different titles in the Big C bookshop.

They have a lot of nice illustrated books for children.

Funny, they are between 50 and 60 years old, but the Thai kids love them as we once did.

Limbo :o