Udon Thani Immigration Closed

Udon Thani Immigration (or rather Nong Kai, Udon branch) is closing next week.

What a heap of <deleted> on their web site about trying to help foreigners stay in the country. The two sour-faced officers will be put out to pasture with a bit of luck.

They didn't exactly advertise it very well, knowing that there will be some who get into trouble because of not knowing.

Edited by Neeranam

Please explain, Neeraman;I live in Udonthani ,for three years already used the office in AEK Hospital(must do,the only time I went to NongKhai they sent me back to Udon),there are a lot of people every day in the Immigration every day,that is monday,wednesday and friday,it's very important for a lot of Falangs.If it's true? :o

Verification PLEASE!!! Are they shutting down or just moving?

The last thing we need is the small office in Nong Khay jammed full of the guys who use AEK, what a nightmare for all of us!! :o

Important note!

Due to country wide changes in the Royal Thai Immigration, the Immigration Extention Office that have been open in Udon Thani will be open for the last time the 10th> of June. We will come with more information on the changes later.

The 10th of June 2005, will last working day for the Extention Office, all customers are welcome to come and get there Extention's / 90 day slip's etc. done within the 10th of June.

After the 10th of June, all that used to come to Udon Thani Office, are welcome to use the service at Nong Khai Immigration Office.

Hope to welcome you soon.

From the Immigration Officer's - Udon Thani and Nong Khai Immigration. 

Bad news for the queing at Nong Khai,but they have renovated the building at Nong Khai and stuck in air conditioning.It's a lovely shade of orange now.

Don't know what the new inspector is like yet though.Always been very efficient and helpful to me.The one thing they don't like is farangs who shout and order them about.

Just out of interest does anyone know who the Admin/Mod of their site was? The Not trying to have a dig here (I tried to be helpful a couple of times) the admin didn't seem to know too much. By the use of his language, it didn't sound like it was a Thai.........

Just out of interest does anyone know who the Admin/Mod of their site was? The Not trying to have a dig here (I tried to be helpful a couple of times) the admin didn't seem to know too much. By the use of his language, it didn't sound like it was a Thai.........

Understatement noted. :o

Believe they said were from Europe (not sure of country) and long time teachers doing it part time.

:o

As of yesterday the Udonthani office of Immigration is closed.

A short notice on the door to tell the people they have to go to NongKhai.

Last year they opened am Wednesday(before Monday and Friday only) due to the number of foreigners,not only farangs,residing in the province.

Wonder,next time I'll have to do the three months report how much time I'll need!

Perhaps they will save some money,but it's really inconvenient for many!