2nd Operator To Buriram Airport?

TBWG

Hi All

Anyone heard any rumour's that an additional operator is to serve Buriram from Don Muang airport? :)

Supposedly Happy Air a Phuket based Saab 340 operator is starting ops 15th May every Thursday and Saturday same timing as Nok Air Friday & Sunday flights.

Time will tell.

TBWG :D

Company with an apparent miserly £500,000 in share capital and a single ancient (1988) plane (SAAB 340 A model code HS-HPY).

By aviation standards that really isn't to old. As long as an aircraft has been maintained and inspected (Annuals & 100Hr Intervals) by certified mechanics these aircraft might get a 30-40 year service life.

My concern is the maintenance and certified mechanics, are they existant in Thailand? Not concerned by the age of the aircraft......

Company with an apparent miserly £500,000 in share capital and a single ancient (1988) plane (SAAB 340 A model code HS-HPY).

My concern is the maintenance and certified mechanics, are they existant in Thailand? Not concerned by the age of the aircraft......

This doesn't bode well at all.

I think, personally, I would have to have a very urgent need to go to Buriram, If I were to use that small company.

I think, personally, I would have to have a very urgent need to go to Buriram, If I were to use that small company.

Oh Dear Unhappy Air! :)

Well that was short lived!

See e mail received today..................

We have recieved your payment for two persons travelling on the 22/05/10 from Buriram to Donmueang Airport. Your booking code is HATS36UFF30, however we are sincerely and deeply apologise to inform you that. We are aborting flight Donmueang - Buriram route. We will refund your payment back to your credit card that you used to pay for your tickets. The process will take no more than 15 business days. We will inform you as soon as we have refunded your payment. We are sincerely apoloigise for all the inconveneices that we may have caused.

Sincerely.

Happy Air.

Thai business planning at its best, no wonder the countries in the sh*te!

Oh Dear Unhappy Air! :D

Well that was short lived!

See e mail received today..................

We have recieved your payment for two persons travelling on the 22/05/10 from Buriram to Donmueang Airport. Your booking code is HATS36UFF30, however we are sincerely and deeply apologise to inform you that. We are aborting flight Donmueang - Buriram route. We will refund your payment back to your credit card that you used to pay for your tickets. The process will take no more than 15 business days. We will inform you as soon as we have refunded your payment. We are sincerely apoloigise for all the inconveneices that we may have caused.

Sincerely.

Happy Air.

Thai business planning at its best, no wonder the countries in the sh*te!

Thanks David, that nearly makes me sound sensible in my previous post :):D:D