Central Hatyai Department Store And Robinson Department Store

Zen

Central is currently undergoing renovation to the window display area that faces Lee Gardens Hotel and Shopping Plaza, and the basement area that houses Tops Supermarket has recently been extensively re-modelled. Robinsons is the same as it always was.

Where to shop? Depends what you want to buy. Facilities are the same in both places although Central seems to consider customer comfort (aircon) a higher priority than Robinsons.

Don’t forget the other stores like Odean Department Store, Diana Department Store and Shopping Complex.

Not sure what you are asking when you write “better place to shop”. Do you mean more upmarket? Cheaper? Or what?

Central is currently undergoing some renovations (or they finished already; was there a few days back and didn't see much renovations going on anymore).

Central offers better brands and a better shopping experience imo; where Robinson has some cheaper stuff and is more crowded, etc...

Well these days they're both part of Central Retail Corporation, so there's not much to choose between them. The recent renovations to Central has seen them lose their electronics, household electrical department, there's only the Power Buy in Robinsons now.

Difficult to say which store is the most upmarket, Zen. My take on the issue is that Central seems to have slightly higher quality stock, whereas Robinsons has a greater variety. I think the Tops supermarket in Central has a much better "feel" than before. Central seem to be expanding their renovation work to the 2nd floor now. Coincidentally, yesterday I noticed a Promotion at Central entitled ZEN! So, Zen maybe you should check it out!

My earlier comments about the aircon at Robinson's were clrarly misplaced. On Friday the aircon was perfect.

Happy shopping !!

Not wanting to hijack this topic but......... what is the Festival all about outside McDonalds in HY? It says "Hat Yai Wear Wig Be Rich Festival 2010" Many shop staff were wearing coloured wigs on Friday..all very odd.