Maid Needed, Fair Wage Per Month?

piet pompies

We need a maid who likes to garden to live in house when we are not in Chiangmai. (Not sure to post this in classified forum but thought this would be OK.) The house is near Sheraton, need person to live in. We are there only every two weeks. Can be a couple. Will pay 6000 baht per month and we always leave and give food and veg when we leave. If anyone can help please it would be appreciated. Will renovate the house in the next year, but will take care of the person if he/she proves good. If anyone knows someone PM me. Burmese or Hilltribe person OK, but must be legal. Is 6000 pm a fair wage?

Have to agree - more than the average wage - unless you are employing a couple and they are both working.

Some things to bear in mind are-

generally single woman might not want to stay in house alone, would be good for a couple especially if one had other work already in the area.

You would be better going on a reliable personal recommendation. I certainly wouldn't be happy with leaving anyone I didn't know in my house. The only person who works for me that I would be happy to leave in charge of my house would be my housekeeper who has worked for me for 15yrs. Otherwise, no way.

Also generally speaking you would be better employing someone a bit older - as a rule tend to be more reliable.

Also bear in mind friends and family of the person are not good for references as its not good diplomacy for them to tell you about - the long standing drink problem, or other bad habits etc etc.

You need to speak to an honest former employer or someone else you know well enough to trust their opinion.

An average wage for live in with some food provided would be 3000Bt/month. If they prove very reliable and pass the test then 4000 Bt would be fairer.