Kirsty Jones Case

jomama

Fo some reason yesterday I got to thinking about the Kirsty Jones case, so I dropped by the Aree Guesthouse (under a new name, but still a dump!). Mam, Andy’s former girlfriend, has moved to England with another guy. Irish John, who ran the bookshop across the street from the Aree, is now working in Saudia Arabia. I always felt both knew more than they said. The case is indeed quite cold. I wonder if the Welsh Police can track down Mam in England. Perhaps she would be willing to say more, if indeed she knows. This case has always bothered me.

Fo some reason yesterday I got to thinking about the Kirsty Jones case, so I dropped by the Aree Guesthouse (under a new name, but still a dump!). Mam, Andy’s former girlfriend, has moved to England with another guy. Irish John, who ran the bookshop across the street from the Aree, is now working in Saudia Arabia. I always felt both knew more than they said. The case is indeed quite cold. I wonder if the Welsh Police can track down Mam in England. Perhaps she would be willing to say more, if indeed she knows. This case has always bothered me.

Sorry haven't used this forum for a while and forgot how to use it! Anyway, I have also been thinking a lot about Kirsty Jones over the past few weeks, especially after the great news of the conviction of the policeman who killed the poor backpackers in Kanchanaburi.

It is so sad that nothing of any substance has ever come out of Kirsty's case. The fact that so many of the people involved were liars and dodgy drug people just exascerbated the matter, then there is the tourist police angle. One just never knows. This case is the first murder investigation - and hopefully last - that I was involved in in some way and being at a similar age to Kirsty when this happened, and having seen the way the police and forensics people treated the evidence, the body, the case and the witnesses was enough to make me want to tear my hair out.

Just think of the people involved: Surin (dealer extraordinaire), Pen (Surin's mentally unstable wife), Mam (a cunning, clever little minx), Andy (as dodgy as they come), Stephen Trigg (a nasty peice of work), Narong (poor hapless tour guide tortured to near confession), Irish John (profeteering from the incident and an alcholic)....the list goes on. Very sad.

This case is the first murder investigation - and hopefully last - that I was involved in in some way and being at a similar age to Kirsty when this happened, and having seen the way the police and forensics people treated the evidence, the body, the case and the witnesses was enough to make me want to tear my hair out. 

Just curious...what was your involvement?

Thanks.

I worked with the foreign press, Beebs, Telegraph, etc. And then worked with Channel 4's production unit on the documentary. So I was on the scene a couple of hours after she was discovered and was 'on the job' full time until around December.

Surin in Dead. Gill flitters between France and Scotland, last I heard.

I worked with the foreign press, Beebs, Telegraph, etc. And then worked with Channel 4's production unit on the documentary. So I was on the scene a couple of hours after she was discovered and was 'on the job' full time until around December.

Surin in Dead.  Gill flitters between France and Scotland, last I heard.

Sao Jiang Mai, how did Surin die? The rumour I heard was that Andy's father paid Surin's way to France. Just rumour of course ...