World Cup In Ao Nang

taninthai

hi

any comments on how lively it will be in ao nang for the world cup games will be on 9.30 and 1.30 at night do you think there will be many ferang about to watch the games and where would be the best places i am toying with the idea to go back to uk to watch and renew visa at same time any one experience the world cup in ao nang before.

also anyone know where they show live moto gp in ao nang believe there is a race on today...........

I have to think your Irish pubs will have you covered. Check in at Paddy's and also the Irish place that is on the beach road in the back, I'm forgetting the name as they charged me 100thb for Sangsom and soda (usually a 50-60thb drink). But they have numerous TV's, footy going all the time.

I have to think your Irish pubs will have you covered. Check in at Paddy's and also the Irish place that is on the beach road in the back, I'm forgetting the name as they charged me 100thb for Sangsom and soda (usually a 50-60thb drink). But they have numerous TV's, footy going all the time.

well i was in the other irish bar in ao nang yesterday they charged 40 bht for bottle of water girlfriends mum nearly had heart attack at price will not be going back there........think i just go uk to watch as said need new visa anyway thanks for all replies

• 4 weeks later...
The only way your going to watch it in Thailand with English broadcast is to find a bar that has UBC with HD. Other than that it will be in Thai only.

sorry to pee on your bonfire but there is no,absolutely no english commentary on u b c,sure.

The only way your going to watch it in Thailand with English broadcast is to find a bar that has UBC with HD. Other than that it will be in Thai only.

sorry to pee on your bonfire but there is no,absolutely no english commentary on u b c,sure.

Huh? You don't think Astrosport and/or Supersport won't have English commentary?

Instead of pee I think you've been stoking the fire with the wacky tobaccy.

Huh? You don't think Astrosport and/or Supersport won't have English commentary?

Instead of pee I think you've been stoking the fire with the wacky tobaccy.

i said ubc but supersport wont be available too ,if you want to be sarcastic fine but there you have it,and the bar will have to pay 10 grand for licence to show footy or risk 50000b fine, i dont touch the wacky backy thanks,just trying to help

i said ubc but supersport wont be available too ,if you want to be sarcastic fine but there you have it,and the bar will have to pay 10 grand for licence to show footy or risk 50000b fine, i dont touch the wacky backy thanks,just trying to help

bobbytin i watchedthe england friendly in ao nang last night they had it on true sport and supersport and both were in english commentary surely good sign for world cup , im still going back to england to watch though

Ok, have read a lot about this in various forums, none of it good. And just to make sure, went to the True store in Phuket city about an hour ago. The high-definition broadcast of the World Cup matches will be in Thai language ONLY. There is no broadcast of the English commentary AT ALL from True.

I had read rumors that Supersport was going to stop being broadcast in Thailand, thought no one could confirm 100%. Now, my friend says he has overheard complaints that the Supersport feeds (and maybe the whole bloody thing) from South Africa - previously, the best hope for Eng Commentary - has indeed shut down...more as I know it...

BTW, for those wanting High-Def info, I was informed by True that their HD offerings would remain at two channels (sport and HBO) for SIX MONTHS. I, and others, seem to have believed this would only be for a month. But one month is the period that those two channels are offered FREE. Of course, "six months" here could mean much, much longer...

It appears at this point that Malaysia's Astro is the way to go. Any pub owners (or friends, relatives, lovers thereof) who can chip in here and say whether you'll have the games in English? O'tooles? Green Man? Aussie Bar? Siam Hotel?

Ralph