Chiang Mai Fc

thaimiller

A great result for the local team last night, Chiang Mai FC beating Tak 6-1.

Another good crowd and another great evening out watching some grass roots football.

All for only 30thb :)

Next home game is on Saturday May 15th against Phitsanoluk.

Edited by thaimiller

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody know who the foreigner is that now seems

to be part of the team of Chiangmai FC?

Or is it just a publicity gig?

Limbo :)

post-6305-1273494243_thumb.jpg

They unveiled him as the new player at the last home game, he's an American called forget his first name but his surname is Buckingham. A friend was talking to him and he said that he has signed and is looking forward to playing in the Thai league.

They unveiled him as the new player at the last home game, he's an American called forget his first name but his surname is Buckingham. A friend was talking to him and he said that he has signed and is looking forward to playing in the Thai league.

Seems like Chiang Rai are getting worried :D

Are you going on Saturday Alfie? It looks like there are 2 games on the bounce according to the fixtures. The 23rd's the big game against Chainat, both on the same points at the top of the league.

They unveiled him as the new player at the last home game, he's an American called forget his first name but his surname is Buckingham.

Didn't he used to play for Palace? :D

According to the fixture list, this weeks game is at the 700 year stadium, they usually play at the municiple stadium in town. I'll drive by tomorrow some time and get a clarification on it. Kick off is 6pm.

According to the fixture list, this weeks game is at the 700 year stadium, they usually play at the municiple stadium in town. I'll drive by tomorrow some time and get a clarification on it. Kick off is 6pm.

nice one , that would be great :)

Where can I get Chiang Mai FC jersey?

They sell them outside the Stadium...not sure of price though. As for the venue, the fixture list always says 700 year stadium and then it turns out to have been changed, but you never know with a top of the table clash!

They sell them outside the Stadium...not sure of price though. As for the venue, the fixture list always says 700 year stadium and then it turns out to have been changed, but you never know with a top of the table clash!

On the Chiang Mai fc website it usually says Chiang Mai stadium but this week its in bright orange letters saying 700 year stadium, but like I say I will pass the municiple stadium tomorrow and have a look.

if your only a size small or medium western size(thai XL) you can pick one up outside the ground, but any bigger than that you can't get one, ive been looking all over for a size XL western with no joy.

The foreign player of which you speak is Brett Buckingham Crompton from the US. He is a 3 time NCAA National Champion and plays predominantly in the midfield. He is a winner,a great team player and setup man and usually comes up big in big situations. He will definitely make a positive impact on an already very good Chiang Mai team.

Ive just been past the Municiple stadium and it looks like there is some form of festival from today until the 15th, so the game is probably at the 700 year stadium, but who knows. Things can change.

The foreign player of which you speak is Brett Buckingham Crompton from the US. He is a 3 time NCAA National Champion and plays predominantly in the midfield. He is a winner,a great team player and setup man and usually comes up big in big situations. He will definitely make a positive impact on an already very good Chiang Mai team.

Thanks for that Brett :)

Thanks for that Brett :D

I was thinking that aswell.... :)

Brett never reads blogs and avoids any discussions about individual players. And he is certainly far too humble to talk about himself. He is well aware of the downside of self aggrandizement. But having coached him for 6 years and watching him play since he was a little boy, I remain committed to my comments. He has been highly trained in the Dutch system of play which features a fast paced high possession, high attack style that is beautiful to watch. It may take him a bit of time to adjust to the uncommonly hot temperatures and high humidity during the season and adjust to the Chiang Mai FC style of play, but he will positively contribute.

Saturday pm is for horse racing in Chiang Mai. However, what time are the matches and where are they played? I might be able to fit them in before or after the 3:30 from Chiang Mai Downs.

hi loaded

where can i get info on chiangmai horse racing?

Another good result for Chiang Mai beating Phitsanulok 4-0 at the 700 year stadium, a great atmosphere at the 700 year stadium compared with the municipal stadium. There seemed to be a lot more farangs at the matches now which is great to see, even Kevin from The Red Lion turned up. Next weeks game at home against Chainat is the important one, both level at the top of the league. :)

Edited by thaimiller

big game saturday. a top-of-the-table clash against chainat. kickoff at 6pm . this game will be at the old sports stadium in town and not 700yr stadium. admission 30b. me and kev will leave red lion at 5.30 if you need a lift let us know.

big game saturday. a top-of-the-table clash against chainat. kickoff at 6pm . this game will be at the old sports stadium in town and not 700yr stadium. admission 30b. me and kev will leave red lion at 5.30 if you need a lift let us know.

2 websites have it as Sunday 23 May, perhaps Chiang Mai's no1 farang supporter can confirm :) .

2 websites have it as Sunday 23 May, perhaps Chiang Mai's no1 farang supporter can confirm :) .

definatley Sunday 23rd, don't need a lift but I'll probably pop to the red lion for a few pints before hand.

definatley Sunday 23rd, don't need a lift but I'll probably pop to the red lion for a few pints before hand.

And stadium Mr Miller :D .