Telescopic Fishing Rod?

buddy

Im sure there is more than the one place that sells them but I purchased mine from a little shop in Soi Photisarn off Naklua road.

Thanks for the reply Spoonman.

Where is the exact location of the shop in Soi Photisarn?

A bit of advice,

you may be better to buy a multi section rod by a good brand online.

I have bought 3 telescopic rods in my time in Thailand for the ease of transporting them.

All 3 have broken after not too much use. 2 were by surecatch. Fairly cheap but obviously

they dont have the highest quality standards. The rod an MXC range rated as heavy action for weights

of up to 300g. In my opinion it's junk.

They tend to break during a cast. One of the many hollow sections can shatter/crack. :)

A bit of advice,

I have bought 3 telescopic rods in my time in Thailand for the ease of transporting them.

All 3 have broken after not too much use. 2 were by surecatch. Fairly cheap but obviously

they dont have the highest quality standards. The rod an MXC range rated as heavy action for weights

They tend to break during a cast. One of the many hollow sections can shatter/crack. :)

That is what i wanted to say, that was why i asked what he was going to try to catch. I had a good telescopic rod from holland and it broke too. Now i got a few multy section rods (expensive ones from shimano imported from holland) They are great sport and small.

A bit of advice,

That is what i wanted to say, that was why i asked what he was going to try to catch. I had a good telescopic rod from holland and it broke too. Now i got a few multy section rods (expensive ones from shimano imported from holland) They are great sport and small.

Yeah and you'll need strong rods at Gnao Nam mate!

For the large Thai Fish it's ok to use a 6 or 7 foot boat rod. Compact, strong and easy to transport.

Perfect for the tennis ball size feeder rigs.

Tight lines!

A bit of advice,

Yeah and you'll need strong rods at Gnao Nam mate!

For the large Thai Fish it's ok to use a 6 or 7 foot boat rod. Compact, strong and easy to transport.

Perfect for the tennis ball size feeder rigs.

Tight lines!

Sure for the pla bug at ngau nam you need a strong rod for those i got a special rod. But for the pla sawai up to 20kg i use feeder rods and a carp rod. Its much more fun then those boat rods. I can even manage 20kg pla bugs with them (not much more then that)

what kind of fish do you want to catch

Thanks for all your replies.

I really wanted a telescopic rod so I can easily transport it, I travel a lot and sometimes I discover small piers or ponds/lakes and wish I had a rod with me.

Its just to chill out and relax from the pressures of work really.

So anybody know where I can buy a telescopic rod in Pattaya?

what kind of fish do you want to catch

Thanks for all your replies.

I really wanted a telescopic rod so I can easily transport it, I travel a lot and sometimes I discover small piers or ponds/lakes and wish I had a rod with me.

Its just to chill out and relax from the pressures of work really.

So anybody know where I can buy a telescopic rod in Pattaya?

Cant help you about where to buy a T/rod in Thailand. I have a couple baught in OZ but they are far too light. Got a really nice little Shimano "travel" rod on ebay but my son blew it up on a big fish - it handled a very tough 4k Skippy but was at it's limit. I have been looking at trying a T/beach rod (but so far these have been still too long -85cm) which you can get cheaply through ebay. The really good quality travel rods are very expensive and so far I have not found one heavy enough as most are really medium spinning rods. If you find something worthwhile plkease post it as I think this would be a really great bit of kit.

• 7 months later...

Hi there, Last Saturday I purchased 2 rods from a shop on Sukhumvit near Tescos at On Nut Bangkok, while there I noticed telescopic rods , the name of the shop is `Hatai Fishing` and the tel no . is 027425488 ,maybe you can get a Thai speaking person to call them and arrange for them to post one to you in Pattaya, hope this helps .

• 11 years later...