Thaksin Shinawatra Rumored Dead

webfact

Thaksin Shinawatra Rumored Dead

By Drew Noyes

The rumor that Thaksin is dead may have been a factor in the current government's decision to dissolve Parliament and call for new elections, including the prime minister spot, as the realization of the added anarchy and added bloodshed which would ensue if he died and when he dies.

Embattled former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, one of the most influential, charismatic, yet polarizing characters in Thai politics, is dead according to sources. Mr. Thaksin was the first prime minister in Thailand's history to lead an elected government through a full term in office and remains so to this day.

The gossip across Bangkok, Pattaya and Hua Hin is that the Thai tycoon is either dead or very close to it. And that accounts of his frequent travels to numerous countries are theoretically designed to convince ordinary Thais that he is still in full health when many believe that he is either dead or near-death due to terminal prostate cancer.

However, the leader of the Red Shirts in Pattaya and one of Mr. Thaksin’s oldest and closest friends, former Member of Parliament Mr. Chanyut Hengtrakul told the Pattaya Times, “He is not dead. I talk to him almost every day.”

When asked when the last time he spoke to Mr. Thaksin Mr. Chanyut said, “Yesterday.”

Mr. Thaksin’s sister, Mrs. Yawarsaate Chokesuriyakiat, was recently seen entering her Pattaya condo dressed in all black, the color of mourning. However, this may be a conscience.

The debate about this conspiracy theory is so widespread that it's verging on the ridiculous.

Supporters say Mr. Thaksin posted photos of himself on his Facebook page but people still won't believe that he's alive and kicking. Opponents point to the fact that the video conferences to supporters stopped more than a week ago when the rumor of his death began.

A few wrongheaded decisions have been made. The Red Shirts lost significant public support when they broke into a hospital to search for troops who they believed were hiding inside, scaring staff and patients witless. No soldiers were found. That's when the void left by Mr. Thaksin became obvious.

An audio recording of his most recent interview is being circulated on social networking site Twitter where there's intense discussion about its authenticity. There's speculation that the interviewee is someone else whose voice has been altered to make him sound like Mr. Thaksin.

Rumors are Mr. Thaksin’s family wants permission to return his body to be cremated in Chiang Mai, but government officials fear his death will make him a martyr and could cause more civil unrest and disobedience, sources say.

When and if Mr. Thaksin died is unclear, but several sources say he died April 30 while he was undergoing the third of six chemotherapy injections for treatment of advanced prostate cancer.

On April 25 his family flew from Thailand to be at his side, sources say. His ex-wife, Pojaman, was by his side at his death and used all of her resources to try to get him to a world-class hospital, but because of the conviction in absentia on a conflict of interest charge for which he faced a two-year jail sentence if he returned to Thailand, he was blacklisted from entry into all countries with which Thailand has strong relations and reciprocal fugitive agreements.

He had been issued new passports from Nicaragua and Montenegro and conducted a series of high-profile interviews with foreign news outlets slamming the current government as a “puppet of the military” and saying the land dealing his wife was convicted over were “the same things all the other Prime Ministers did.”

As his cancer advanced he wanted to go for treatment at the world’s leading hospitals, but he was denied entry to Germany, the UK and every other country. His wife allegedly was able to get a leading oncologist from Bumrungrad Hospital in Dubai or the main branch in Thailand, location not confirmed, to fly to Turkey where he was bedridden, but the first injection made him extremely sick and the third killed him, the rumor mill has it.

The Supreme Court has stripped his family of $1.4 billion baht, half his reported net worth, in contested assets over allegations of corruption and conflicts of interest. However, always the fighter, Mr. Thaksin remained determined to play a leading role in Thailand even though he could not enter the Kingdom.

Thailand's Corruption Commission found he had failed to declare all of his wealth, and he was also criticized over the government's handling of the upsurge in violence in the largely Muslim south over three provinces which had formerly been part of neighboring Malaysia.

Story continues: http://pattaya-times.com/a5608-thaksin-shi...ra-rumored-dead

pattayatimeslogo.png

-- Pattaya Times 2010-05-4

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drew Noyes better keep his head down

i can already feel the hot breath of Thaksin's newly appointed international legal eagles on his neck

however on a personal level, i hope he is right

my wife asked me ''how would like to speak to Thaksin''?

i said ''through a spiritualist''

It has been confirmed from reliable sources on this forum today and yesterday that Thaksin is alive.Even by reporters from The Nation.So why this story from the most unreliable news source in the world?I assume other members still remember the other story about the crackdown on farng owned bars.

Prisoners in Thailands jails are also denied access to world class medical facilities so if he died from lack of advanced medical care I guess it's a case of you reap what you sow.

However, I don't believe he's dead, not until I see a photograph with someone 'pointing the finger' at his corpse, only then will I believe it.

Prisoners in Thailands jails are also denied access to world class medical facilities so if he died from lack of advanced medical care I guess it's a case of you reap what you sow.

However, I don't believe he's dead, not until I see a photograph with someone 'pointing the finger' at his corpse, only then will I believe it.

Ad may I add to your post DNA proof needs to be obtained...

It has been confirmed from reliable sources on this forum today and yesterday that Thaksin is alive.Even by reporters from The Nation.So why this story from the most unreliable news source in the world?I assume other members still remember the other story about the crackdown on farng owned bars.

Because TVF is the place where every rumor and gossip about Thaksin is the most important and most preferred subject of conversation. Reliability and truth can be disregarded as long TVF members can spin about Thaksin. It is the talk that makes a forum vivid and lively. The newest fad seems to be to talk about Thaksins testicles and prostate.

So don't try to come with some sense here, let the fun roll for those in need.

This government really surprises me. With all the resources and money they spend and all the allies they may have, they rely on rumor for government polices.

I guess that is why they protester are still here and continue to promote anarchism

I'll believe Thaksin is alive when I see him video conferencing talking about a current issue, like Abhisit's silly five points.... until then, the guy is dead. It is to coincidental that his frequent video conferences stopped when they were needed the most and he started Twittering and Facebooking.... forget that... it is ridiculous! Not his style... he like attention..... The man is DEAD!!!!!

This article sounds like it belongs in some gossip magazine or the "National Enquirer"... I think Nation staff slipped this in to encourage (make) Mr. T come out of the wood work and prove if he is in good health or not. Many men survive this kind of cancer...but maybe Mr. T was too busy causing anarchy in Thailand (with wiring his millions to the Red party ; and messages of "encouragement") to get chemo or proper injections in time.

this is getting interesting, really.

It that was true a lot of things would happen but generally we could hope for a quick improvement as the remaining leaders would fight for power and the movement would lose any remaining credibility and of course no deep pockets anymore.

In any case Khun Thaksin did good things too, not only corruption, apparently others did corruption before him he just got caught, you could say was unlucky. Many people would be praying to his portrait afterward I bet, that is why educate educate and educate.

What does not make sense to me is this. If I were terminally sick, or just very very sick I would prefer to enjoy my life more, the remaining days, not fighting, exciting to violence etc.

My bet is Khun Thaksin is well and alive and is still working on regaining the control of Thailand. But if the rumor is spread some followers may indeed believe it, overall not a bad move. Declare the leader dead and make people unsure what is true and what is not.

Edited by macwalen

This article sounds like it belongs in some gossip magazine or the "National Enquirer"... I think Nation staff slipped this in to encourage (make) Mr. T come out of the wood work and prove if he is in good health or not. Many men survive this kind of cancer...but maybe Mr. T was too busy causing anarchy in Thailand (with wiring his millions to the Red party ; and messages of "encouragement") to get chemo or proper injections in time.

Check the article source, it's not the Nation.

Check the article source, it's not the Nation.

Well actually it is also not "not the nation" however it belongs there.

I'll believe Thaksin is alive when I see him video conferencing talking about a current issue, like Abhisit's silly five points.... until then, the guy is dead. It is to coincidental that his frequent video conferences stopped when they were needed the most and he started Twittering and Facebooking.... forget that... it is ridiculous! Not his style... he like attention..... The man is DEAD!!!!!

Try this, if your wrong promise us all,you will not bore us again with bullsh*t and hearsay.Can you do this or is it just spewing forth completely out of your control.

The xxxx is dead, long live the xxxx.

His demise would certainly calm things down a bit and allow elections to take place not overshadowed by the elephant in Thailand's room.

But watch for the miraculous recovery, the second coming of the saviour of Thailand's downtrodden.

Yes, that's Thaksin's style.

Actually, this rumor has been going around the web for days, weeks even. From the awful photoshopped facebook pages to the wheres waldo aspect of it, its even been covered in general. But perhaps you should bring it up with the publisher of the Pattaya Times

Constant bullshit stories about Taksin being dead or dying should not be published. They are just malicious gossip which only a few believe, and they have been circulating for many months.

Anybody who has 2 braincells to rub together will instantly know that this story is pure garbage. Why?

1] Thaksin still has a lot of money.

2] The countries that he has been in mostly likely have superior medical practices compared to Thailand.

3] Combining the above two points, he would have began treatment some time ago. He can certainly afford 'the best'.

http://www.prostate.org.au/articleLive/pages/Cure-Rates.html

http://www.mskcc.org/mskcc/html/10088.cfm

Because TVF is the place where every rumor and gossip about Thaksin is the most important and most preferred subject of conversation. Reliability and truth can be disregarded as long TVF members can spin about Thaksin. It is the talk that makes a forum vivid and lively. The newest fad seems to be to talk about Thaksins testicles and prostate.

So don't try to come with some sense here, let the fun roll for those in need.

:D :D :D:):D :D