Thaksin Shinawatra Rumored Dead

webfact

There was apparently an AP reporter who met with him in Hong Kong right before the Nation phone interview (Per The Nation). I do admit it is weird. But with the red shirt movement in shambles, I'm guessing he's just been distancing himself from its failure. He knew things were either going to fall apart or turn ugly and wants to make sure his name isn't associated with that.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But what you are missing is how odd it is that this man who thinks of himself as an international man of importance -- during a crisis some attribute to him -- and who is traveling internationally at a stupefying pace lately, cannot manage to hook up with a television crew and do a 5 minute interview.

Because he is trying to keep his volatile name and presence out of the mix at this time. Most wise. The Red Shirts are winning and to the Yellows and others who can't stand him he is like a red flag waved in front of a bull -- they will just get fired back up. Best to keep his name out of it as much as possible at this point. It's supposed to be a democracy movement, not a Thaksin movement, remember?

Once the Red Shirts win the next election, he will most certainly have a very high public profile.

I can only hope that true pro-democracy factions within the Red Shirt movement will stay active in pushing their agenda, perhaps together with democracy minded people in PAD (I'm sure there are several). I've said before that among the pro democracy activitsts there's probably quite a bit of common ground. Chances of that actually happening though... not holding my breath.

I can only hope that true pro-democracy factions within the Red Shirt movement will stay active in pushing their agenda, perhaps together with democracy minded people in PAD (I'm sure there are several). I've said before that among the pro democracy activitsts there's probably quite a bit of common ground. Chances of that actually happening though... not holding my breath.

Additionally, the true poor farmer advocates need to make sure Abhisit does what he has said he will do to assist the poor.

It would also be good if these people started talking about the corruption IN the villages that are affecting the poor.

And the free speech factions - make sure ALL speech is free in ALL of Thailand.

post-81427-1273078319.jpg
you're evidence that he was/is a mason?

Erm ... Am I?!!!! ... Wow, that's more than a shock!!!! :)

Anyway, to respond to a rather silly question pertaining to a man of the most extreme wealth and power in the mason haven of SE Asia that is Siam, I shall quote a certain mad Scottish Yank (and Scottish Rite masonic douche) Gordon Brown and, in Amerikkkan lingo, shall say (although 'write' is more accurate) ... "Get real! Get real! Get real!"

I was only asking IF there is any evidence! I doubt he's amason otherwise the other 'elites' would rescue him as a 'mason in distress' - it's in the code - but they don't - anyway we veer off topic!

It would also be good if these people started talking about the corruption IN the villages that are affecting the poor.

I always remember the saying: "Most slaves don't think of ending slavery; they just want their own slave."

I think the same can be said about corruption. It is so endemic in Thailand from top to bottom that many accept it like they accept the force of gravity and just get p*ssed off because they haven't has their slice of the pie.

Which segways into another aspect more on topic to the OP: I wonder if these death rumors are a concerted campaign, possibly involving paid stories floated by corrupt journalists. Makes more sense than Thaksin suddenly dying just as "his" movement is getting some real traction.

Friend of wife says she met him in shopping mall in Bahrain yesterday and spoke with him. He said he was fine, on business trip. ??

I bet thats an hoax too. :D ....if it is so easy to "met" him, he should dead by now for sure.

There is another opinion, a cute little plastic surgery and after his maincharakter died he will slip to all checkpoints of Thailand easy. :)

But what you are missing is how odd it is that this man who thinks of himself as an international man of importance -- during a crisis some attribute to him -- and who is traveling internationally at a stupefying pace lately, cannot manage to hook up with a television crew and do a 5 minute interview.

Because he is trying to keep his volatile name and presence out of the mix at this time. Most wise. The Red Shirts are winning and to the Yellows and others who can't stand him he is like a red flag waved in front of a bull -- they will just get fired back up. Best to keep his name out of it as much as possible at this point. It's supposed to be a democracy movement, not a Thaksin movement, remember?

Once the Red Shirts win the next election, he will most certainly have a very high public profile.

Good reason, good enough for me.

He might actually be welcoming the rumors of his death, giving his enemies false hope, then jump out of a plane around election time and grab a victory.

Yes, you are right, the rumor of Thaksin's death and the news of his cancer battle have been on the internet in Thai language as by far the biggest news of the last few days. ABC and other news sources have also covered it in English. However, when we at the Pattaya Times covered it we followed Prime Minister Abhisit agreeing to dissolve Parliament and step down under conditions. He also had just been called to the Palace before his announcement. The link below has much more information than the posting on ThaiVisa. We thank Thaivisa.com for the forum and the opportunity for members to read this introduction of our account from a local level here in Pattaya, home of the Red Shirt storming of the ASEAN conference. We interviewed the most powerful man closest to Thaksin to get his perspective and added information no one else had. Thanks again. Drew Noyes, Publisher, Pattaya Times newspaper.

http://pattaya-times.com/a5608-thaksin-shi...ra-rumored-dead

Actually, this rumor has been going around the web for days, weeks even. From the awful photoshopped facebook pages to the wheres waldo aspect of it, its even been covered in general. But perhaps you should bring it up with the publisher of the Pattaya Times
Edited by drewnoyes

We interviewed the most powerful man closest to Thaksin to get his perspective and added information no one else had. Thanks again. Drew Noyes, Publisher, Pattaya Times newspaper.

http://pattaya-times.com/a5608-thaksin-shi...ra-rumored-dead

So: the rumor is no longer a rumor if you have information NO ONE ELSE has....and make us believe that information is 100% correct ?

If Thaksin would have died, wouldn't that be world news or is it just Pattaya -worthy- News ?

Time to move on.............Thai rumors........TIT.

LaoPo

From Pattaya Times, May 3, 2010:

"See more of the story in the May 7 issue of the Pattaya Times newspaper."

May 8: :):D

LaoPo

From Pattaya Times, May 3, 2010:

"See more of the story in the May 7 issue of the Pattaya Times newspaper."

May 8: :):D

LaoPo

Bet they had great sales on May 7 though.

While it's clear he is doing anything but resting in peace, plum cancer or not, one thing has struck me about Thaksin's continued and constant interference in Thai politics, to the point where he is a central player on concrete outcomes of this mess, even in absentia, and that is: Red apologists of the slightly more intelligent sort who post on this Forum are nearly all wrong to a man (or woman) about Thaksin. For those followers of this board going back several years, nearly all said that we should forget about Thaksin as he is out of the game now and we shouldn't obsess about him, as he is no longer relevant to the situation. Here we are two years later and it seems Thaksin is as relevant and central as ever and the Reds need him and fantasise about him as much as ever. This was proved to me just the other day, when I took a trip around the Redheartland of Isaan, and took numerous pictures of billboards and posters with Thaksin's ugly mug plastered all over them, both individually with something like "Rak Thaksin" on it, or with a local politician with Taksin's arms draped round him (probably on one of the cash collecting trips to Dubai) and a message to the faithful scrawled over it, under a big notice declaring "Kit-teung Thaksin" (Miss Thaksin).

Thus, it is painfully clear that the Red movement at its core is all about Thaksin and nobody has "gotten over him" after all this time, and the Reds need Thaksin's return as much as Thaksin needs to keep deceiving the Reds that there is a possibility that he can return. Putting it simply Reds are bugger all without Thaksin and vice versa.

Presumably those Red sympathisers realise this but are too proud to admit they were wrong. Many,such as Younghusband seem to have gone to ground,but I'm sure still skulk around under new nics. :)

Thus, it is painfully clear that the Red movement at its core is all about Thaksin and nobody has "gotten over him" after all this time, and the Reds need Thaksin's return as much as Thaksin needs to keep deceiving the Reds that there is a possibility that he can return. Putting it simply Reds are bugger all without Thaksin and vice versa.

I would have thought the influence of Thaksin, political and financial, on the Red movement was certainly a matter of reasonable debate.Clearly it remains substantial.On the other hand to say that there is nothing about the Red movement that would survive without Thaksin is patent nonsense, and certainly not a view held by the more intelligent Democrats like Abhisit and Korn.You just erode credibility by peddling this absurdly simplistic line.

Edited by jayboy

Friend of wife says she met him in shopping mall in Bahrain yesterday and spoke with him. He said he was fine, on business trip. ??

I bet thats an hoax too. :D ....if it is so easy to "met" him, he should dead by now for sure.

There is another opinion, a cute little plastic surgery and after his maincharakter died he will slip to all checkpoints of Thailand easy. :)

Maybe he's already in Thailand? Maybe at Rajprasong? "Hiding in plain sight"?

15307_10150138482710048_704980047_11313455_4789498_n.jpg

553000004157701.JPEG

20100316_97695129_w.jpg

I would have thought the influence of Thaksin, political and financial, on the Red movement was certainly a matter of reasonable debate.Clearly it remains substantial.On the other hand to say that there is nothing about the Red movement that would survive without Thaksin is patent nonsense, and certainly not a view held by the more intelligent Democrats like Abhisit and Korn.You just erode credibility by peddling this absurdly simplistic line.

How coy.

Without Thaksin a headless chicken.

But that's speculation.

We know what it is now.

How coy.

Without Thaksin a headless chicken.

But that's speculation.

We know what it is now.

To summarise then.Your view is that the Red movement has no significance at all and would evaporate without Thaksin and his funding.

We know this is your position because you have repeated it as an endless Rainman type mantra.If you have anything new or intelligent (or indeed any evidence at all) feel free to let us know.But the reality is that the debate has moved on.

My wife's friend's cousin spoke to someone on the phone in Dubai who's uncle was in Uganda when he spoke with a reporter who had a coworker that had an internet chat with a man in Montenegro who claims that he served coffee to a customer who had recently returned from Russia where sat on an airplane next to a woman who said that she had read in a newspaper that a Hong Kong funeral parlor had on the previous Tuesday held a memorial service for an Asian man that was attended by members of Thaksin's family's accountant who insisted that Thaksin may or may not be alive.

My wife's friend's cousin spoke to someone on the phone in Dubai who's uncle was in Uganda when he spoke with a reporter who had a coworker that had an internet chat with a man in Montenegro who claims that he served coffee to a customer who had recently returned from Russia where sat on an airplane next to a woman who said that she had read in a newspaper that a Hong Kong funeral parlor had on the previous Tuesday held a memorial service for an Asian man that was attended by members of Thaksin's family's accountant who insisted that Thaksin may or may not be alive.

:)

Just accept the facts.

It is already all over the internet already.

You have facts? :)

Please either share them, or go look up what 'fact' means. :D

I assumed he was joking? no one really believes he's dead right? I did think I saw him the other day in a bar - Elvis was there with Santa Claus and Lord Lucan

Where ever he is now , he was not in Uganda in early May to meet with the President as his tweets suggested. I know someone who is currently based there and there has been nothing about him visiting the country in recent weeks on any of the local media that he has seen. Thaksin is newsworthy in Uganda so if he had been there it would have been reported. Whatever is going on he/someone seems to be deliberatly putting out missleading information as to his whereabouts.

Where ever he is now , he was not in Uganda in early May to meet with the President as his tweets suggested. I know someone who is currently based there and there has been nothing about him visiting the country in recent weeks on any of the local media that he has seen. Thaksin is newsworthy in Uganda so if he had been there it would have been reported. Whatever is going on he/someone seems to be deliberatly putting out missleading information as to his whereabouts.

Nor was he in Seychelles, or Fiji, Russia, in fact the ONLY information I have seen that would counter the idea of his demise is from a TV member 'Montenegran', who says that Thaksin was on the national news live in Montenegro, during his alleged visit and 'walk about'. No images of that are available on Skype or any other source on the net. The one video that is on the net from Montenegro has been shown to be many months old. I don't think Thaksin's ego would allow him to stay off camera for so long.Curiouser and curiouser.

Just accept the facts.

I assumed he was joking? no one really believes he's dead right? I did think I saw him the other day in a bar - Elvis was there with Santa Claus and Lord Lucan

http://www.google.co.th/#q=thaksin+is+dead

Plenty of fact is you care to look into the internet.

Just accept the facts.

http://www.google.co.th/#q=thaksin+is+dead

Plenty of fact is you care to look into the internet.

Had a look... NO facts