Thaksin Shinawatra Rumored Dead

webfact

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thus, it is painfully clear that the Red movement at its core is all about Thaksin and nobody has "gotten over him" after all this time, and the Reds need Thaksin's return as much as Thaksin needs to keep deceiving the Reds that there is a possibility that he can return. Putting it simply Reds are bugger all without Thaksin and vice versa.

I would have thought the influence of Thaksin, political and financial, on the Red movement was certainly a matter of reasonable debate.Clearly it remains substantial.On the other hand to say that there is nothing about the Red movement that would survive without Thaksin is patent nonsense, and certainly not a view held by the more intelligent Democrats like Abhisit and Korn.You just erode credibility by peddling this absurdly simplistic line.

How coy.

Without Thaksin a headless chicken.

But that's speculation.

We know what it is now.

To summarise then.Your view is that the Red movement has no significance at all and would evaporate without Thaksin and his funding.

We know this is your position because you have repeated it as an endless Rainman type mantra.If you have anything new or intelligent (or indeed any evidence at all) feel free to let us know.But the reality is that the debate has moved on.

ANGKOK: -- A red shirt leader on Monday dismissed as groundless a claim by an outspoken general that ex-PM Thaksin Shinawatra appointed new team of red shirts leaders.

Nuttawut Saikua said Maj Gen Kattiya Sawasdipol maybe misinformed or misunderstood that Thaksin was not happy with the existing red shirt leaders who Kattiya said were changing their position to a compromising one in their talks with Abhisit government.

"Seh Daeng's report is not correct. Maybe he is misinformed," Nuttawut said.

Kattiya claimed Monday that he talked to Thaksin on a phone on Sunday. "Thaksin said he would appoint of new team of the red shirts leaders."

Clearly your position hasn't quite got through to the Senior red thug with the hotline to Thaksin.

Thaksin may not be dead, but your 'debate has moved on' BS certainly is.

Clearly your position hasn't quite got through to the Senior red thug with the hotline to Thaksin.

Your logic has deteriorated along with your syntax.The point at issue was not whether Thaksin still has a great influence on the Reds (clearly he does) but whether the Reds would have any life, traction and survivability without him.

How coy.

Without Thaksin a headless chicken.

But that's speculation.

We know what it is now.

To summarise then.Your view is that the Red movement has no significance at all and would evaporate without Thaksin and his funding.

We know this is your position because you have repeated it as an endless Rainman type mantra.If you have anything new or intelligent (or indeed any evidence at all) feel free to let us know.But the reality is that the debate has moved on.

ANGKOK: -- A red shirt leader on Monday dismissed as groundless a claim by an outspoken general that ex-PM Thaksin Shinawatra appointed new team of red shirts leaders.

Nuttawut Saikua said Maj Gen Kattiya Sawasdipol maybe misinformed or misunderstood that Thaksin was not happy with the existing red shirt leaders who Kattiya said were changing their position to a compromising one in their talks with Abhisit government.

"Seh Daeng's report is not correct. Maybe he is misinformed," Nuttawut said.

Kattiya claimed Monday that he talked to Thaksin on a phone on Sunday. "Thaksin said he would appoint of new team of the red shirts leaders."

I have never seen you post a decent comment yet - just 'Thaksin is the Devil' - what a load of drivel

Sayonara, Adios, Au revoir, and Arrivederci

funeral.jpg

A good job, you must like photoshop. That's not Thaksin's end. You changed the photo.

Did anyone notice thaksin's ghost in front of the picture?

I'm more freaked out by the guy peering over the top of the red cloth. What the heck is he doing?

funeral.jpg

A good job, you must like photoshop. That's not Thaksin's end. You changed the photo.

I don't see any ghost. What are you talking about? :)

funeral.jpg

I don't see any ghost. What are you talking about? :)

Well it is obvious from your other posts on this forum that you are a blind man,so no surprise here.

My wife's friend's cousin spoke to someone on the phone in Dubai who's uncle was in Uganda when he spoke with a reporter who had a coworker that had an internet chat with a man in Montenegro who claims that he served coffee to a customer who had recently returned from Russia where sat on an airplane next to a woman who said that she had read in a newspaper that a Hong Kong funeral parlor had on the previous Tuesday held a memorial service for an Asian man that was attended by members of Thaksin's family's accountant who insisted that Thaksin may or may not be alive.

:)

LaoPo

On the one hand to have been out of the public gaze for, let's face it, an extraordinary

lenght of time has to have alarm bells ringing.

I take on board an earlier post which said he will be refraining so as not to inflame

an already delicate situation. But does that really stand up to scrutiny? This is a time

more than ever before when his people would looking for his support and encouragement.

Okay he doesn't have to go overboard just a short skype message. If he has the time to

be twittering (and let's face it that could be anyone) then he could oblige on skype.

BUT surely his death would be deflating news in the extreme for both his supporters and

the Redshirt movement. If so I can not believe that the Government with all

it's Intelligence resources wouldn't have made it their business look into this and if true

trumpet it for all to hear.

So! No news is probably good news for Mr T. That said, if alive, I think he must be in a seriously

bad way to be limiting his imput to twitter.

There's a very good reason why, even if he didn't start the rumours, he's let them grow. When (if, and it's no surety) he returns and takes over control he'll be interviewed by the likes of CNN's Cristianne Ammanpour who may ask "Dr Thaksin, why did you not make a public broadcast to appeal for calm amongst your supporters when things turned violent and your fellow countryment were dying?". He'll then be able to say, with a tear in his eye, "Oh but I desperately wanted to but, as you know, I was fighting for my very life and my physicians expressly forbade me to undertake the stressful act of a public appearance".

Done, no blood on my hands.

This myth is BUSTED. Thaksin is alive.

I agree. He spoke to Sae Daeng yesterday. Sae Daeng said Thaksin ordered a change of red leadership. He must be alive.

Ofcourse I don't understand why Sae Daeng would say that, considering these protests have nothing at all to do with Thaksin, and Thaksin certainly isn't controlling anything that is going on :)

THE NATION: There's also a gossip that Veera has already left the country. Weng said he is still here but not feeling well. TR @Nattha_tvthai

Maybe Veera is just as dead (from pig flu) as Thaksin. Anyone care to upload some photo proof?

THE NATION: There's also a gossip that Veera has already left the country. Weng said he is still here but not feeling well. TR @Nattha_tvthai

Maybe Veera is just as dead (from pig flu) as Thaksin. Anyone care to upload some photo proof?

The rats are starting to leave their sinking ship. :) Trouble is the captain left long ago and left a few deckmates in command of the vessel who could not sail and ran aground long before April 10, when they hot a serious shoal and have been taking in water ever since. She's now up to the gunwhales and listing to port, while the few lifebelts that were tossed to them by the kindly lifeboat service (aka HMS Abhisit) were foolishly allowed to drift away with the tide. :D

I agree. He spoke to Sae Daeng yesterday. Sae Daeng said Thaksin ordered a change of red leadership. He must be alive.

Ofcourse I don't understand why Sae Daeng would say that, considering these protests have nothing at all to do with Thaksin, and Thaksin certainly isn't controlling anything that is going on :)

The red apologist position on this is that the Sae Daeng forces are nothing to do with the red leadership or movement.

ie the blackshirts are 'something else'.

The fact that there is evidence that Thaksin is pulling strings is a small embarrassment for our red friends.

They know it is true.

So switch on the deny lie and flip into 'this movement has gone beyond Thaksin' mantra.

Egg all over their red shirts, but 'hey I just washed this!'

The red apologist position on this is that the Sae Daeng forces are nothing to do with the red leadership or movement.

The fact that there is evidence that Thaksin is pulling strings is a small embarrassment for our red friends.

They know it is true.

So switch on the deny lie and flip into 'this movement has gone beyond Thaksin' mantra.

No embarrassment from me - I have consistently said that this issue is much larger than your obsession Khun Thaksin and it is - the fact that some rogue General is taking order from him is neither here nor there.

This issue goes to the core of cultural paradigm shift - as I have outlined many times - but i doubt you will understand it - I have also outlined it will take 50 or more years. Thaksin undoubtedly is a major player in it 'now' but he is a pawn of change just like many others.

They know it is true.

No embarrassment from me - I have consistently said that this issue is much larger than your obsession Khun Thaksin and it is - the fact that some rogue General is taking order from him is neither here nor there.

This issue goes to the core of cultural paradigm shift - as I have outlined many times - but i doubt you will understand it - I have also outlined it will take 50 or more years. Thaksin undoubtedly is a major player in it 'now' but he is a pawn of change just like many others.

You keep getting your contexts confused between macro and micro events. From what you've explained before you're looking for a "civilizational" paradigm shift. It's pretty crazy to try to overlay that on this current sub-regional skirmish.

No contextual confusion - just a different way of looking at it - challenging for posters (not you)who may not be used to thinking 'outside the box' - what I am doing is giving a broader brush cultural approach to this regional skirmish - challenging those with ears to consider my view - which, as you rightly state, is Macro cultural shift. Thanks for appreciating, at least, my approach (although not agreeing).

Edited by ChiangMaiFun

No contextual confusion - just a different way of looking at it - challenging for posters (not you)who may not be used to thinking 'outside the box' - what I am doing is giving a broader brush cultural approach to this regional skirmish - challenging those with ears to consider my view - which, as you rightly state, is Macro cultural shift. Thanks for appreciating, at least, my approach (although not agreeing).

There is audio on TV? Who new. Can I tune into the Red Channel on here?

There is audio on TV? Who new. Can I tune into the Red Channel on here?

Obviously the metaphor was lost on you :)

They know it is true.

hel_l NOOO!!! You mean 50 more years of camping at Ratchaprasong/Radjadamri/Siam etc etc???? :D:D:D

That's not a "paradigm shift", it's a squat!!

They know it is true.

Thaksin a major player. Well fancy that!

'cultural paradigm shift'. What a load of Guardian reader hogwash.