I Am Terrified! I Can Not Find A Job! Help!

Always have the option of getting a BA in Bangkok while working nights at a tutoring center.

Yes yes I know, the whole WP thing, but honestly how many people do you know who ran in to trouble?

Very true.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now you are up the creek without a paddle,and to be honest you have not thought this out very well have you.

nuff said

I truely am.

Don't worry keep trying. Doors always open for those who don't give up!!

Hi Nick,

Are you the guy from South Africa that stayed at my GH a couple of years ago. As this story is nearly exactually the same. You (If you) told me a good strategy to get work was to put out a distress call to others, like what has been done. I am sure you have received a few PM's. You fell in love with Thailand and got a spot on a Thai movie...yet had some issues with drugs. Then everything fell apart teaching wise and in the movie spot once you headed down to BKK. :D

The fact your name is Nick and the stories are soooo very similar- I can only speculate you are the guy whom hang around at my GH for quite awhile. You burnt your bridges with the private English schools I got u into...

3 years ago in Cmai you had no TESOL, no uni, not finish high school, nothing yet managed to get work for 300bt ph. Yet you (if you) had issues with some hardcore drugs for body building and drink, that certainly took its toll on you financially, career wise and personally. U left in 2007, after begging for money for a return ticket.

If you have returned you know CMai has work for you with a TESOL, if you have not burnt all your bridges. In CMai if you have your Tesol now you will get a better rate. It sounds like outside BKK maybe the way to go for you.

PM me if the same guy- I will give you a few numbers. I hope all is now OK with your past issues. I am guessing the movie work did not work out, as you needed to take off. You could have done very well here.

:)

If not you Nick, PM me anyway and I will point u in the right direction if you wish to come to CMai. Cost of living is generally less expensive than BKK. I would argue that a better quality of life and opportunity to save money. Unless u still into many girls, drink, etc.

Quality of life wise I would recommend CMai. Yet it not for everyone. Savings wise there are much better countries to save bigger bucks if you have a Tesol- Korea, Japan (Yet most need a degree also), China. Thai would be one of the lowest paying out of the quality developing countries, as people love to live in Thai for various reasons. The way you 'sell' yourself is also a very big factor...

Another option is going to the lower priced countries that accept any English speaking proposed teacher- Cambodia, etc. Yet rates are half that of Thai. Thai is a quarter of Japan and Korea- in general (On average).

All depends on your priorities.... Hope you found something now. Cheers Jay :D

Always have the option of getting a BA in Bangkok while working nights at a tutoring center.

Yes yes I know, the whole WP thing, but honestly how many people do you know who ran in to trouble?

Very true.

I know 2 people whom were put into jail and needed to pay 30,000bt then asked to leave the country due to working with no WP. Primarily due to a policeman not liking the owner however- this is the only case I have come across...

The owner headed OS to avoid a 5 year jail term and 500,000bt fine. It was all about something between the policeman and the owner. They got stuck in the middle of this conflict. :)

Nothing from the OP, so I will close the topic. I hope he has found a satisfactory resolution to his problem. If the thread needs to be re-opened PM me or another mod.