Honda Pcx Tuning

Modified variator kits are now available for the Honda PCX 125i. We have two kits available, the first will increase your top speed by around 10kph leaving all other aspects of your PCXs performance as standard. The second kit available will increase your top speed by 10kph and improve your bikes accelaration, so much so, that it will hit it's new top speed from standstill in the same it took the PCX to hit it's original top speed.

Kit 1 - Modified variator drive plate (increased top speed) (using original rollers from the bike)

Kit 2 - Modified variator drive plate + new replacement rollers (increased top speed + acceleration)

No other modifications or parts are needed and are direct replacements for original parts. All parts used are original equipment from Honda and modified by us. Installation takes from 15 to 30 minutes at your local Honda dealer and should cost less than 200 Baht.

Kit 1 - 1,900 Baht including post and packing

Kit 2 - 2,500 Baht including post and packing

Delivery takes less than a week.

If interested PM me

Regards.

Edited by Scuddy

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nope he vanished !!

If he is using Honda parts, the seller is modifying the drive face and the variator. This mod works pretty well, as you can use lighter rollers giving you better acceleration, and giving you higher top speed as well. You will have to play with roller combos which might include modifying stock roller weight. I use a gram scale and round file to make mine.

Here is a link to a "how to" I put together for my Honda Ruckus/Zoomer. The idea is basically the same for any CVT scooter transmission. If you mess up the drive face, they are about $20 at the parts counter.

http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=28287

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back.

My appologies for not being around to answer peoples queries, emails etc.

I had to make a trip to Malaysia a while back and while there I suffered a serious illness and had to be repatriated back to the UK, where i had to endure some lengthy treatment and it has taken some time to recover. Anyway, everything is back to normal now.

Thank you to all those that expressed an interest in the variator mods. There are so many emails that it may take me some time to get through them all individually.

The mod for the Ruckus doesn't work for the PCX or the Scoopy, Click and Airblade for that matter. There isn't a lip on the variator face. Some other scooters from other manufacturers also don't have the lip, they have a washer that takes just a few minutes to remove to achieve the same result as the Rukus.

The kits are still available and if you're still interested send me a quick message and i'll reply quicker this time.

Best regards,

Scuddy

• 2 months later...

Hey,

Are you using the stock 6 roller set-up for your kit?

I'm back.

My appologies for not being around to answer peoples queries, emails etc.

I had to make a trip to Malaysia a while back and while there I suffered a serious illness and had to be repatriated back to the UK, where i had to endure some lengthy treatment and it has taken some time to recover. Anyway, everything is back to normal now.

Thank you to all those that expressed an interest in the variator mods. There are so many emails that it may take me some time to get through them all individually.

The mod for the Ruckus doesn't work for the PCX or the Scoopy, Click and Airblade for that matter. There isn't a lip on the variator face. Some other scooters from other manufacturers also don't have the lip, they have a washer that takes just a few minutes to remove to achieve the same result as the Rukus.

The kits are still available and if you're still interested send me a quick message and i'll reply quicker this time.

Best regards,

Scuddy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Kit 1; Modified variator. Uses stock rollers. The variator 'face' isn't touched.

Kit 2; As Kit 1 but uses replacement rollers.

We are setting up a micro-site which will be live later today. Melody is your contact now for all the kits as it's impossible to for me to deal effectively with the amount of enquiries and orders.

Regards,

Scuddy.

• 6 months later...

Kit 1; Modified variator. Uses stock rollers. The variator 'face' isn't touched.

We are setting up a micro-site which will be live later today. Melody is your contact now for all the kits as it's impossible to for me to deal effectively with the amount of enquiries and orders.

Regards,

Hello Scuddy, Am interested in purchasing kit 2 from you. I am in Khon Kaen. Can you please send me details for availability, payement & post etc. Regards Kaiapoiman

Scuddy.

Regards,

Hello Scuddy, Am interested in purchasing kit 2 from you. I am in Khon Kaen. Can you please send me details for availability, payement & post etc. Regards Kaiapoiman

Scuddy.

Our Sponsor Sumetcycle Honda AP dealer supply these kits. I have previously ordered some parts from them shipped to me in Phuket, absolutely hasselfree :)

How much will the fuel economy suffer with those kits installed?

loaded pcx increases speed up a hill from 40-53kmh(+30%), and fuel goes up 10- 20%

top speed no clue, as these bikes IMHO neither have tyres nor brakes to do more than 80 ;)

OK thanks, sounds good.

If I understand this system correctly it will not effect engine life/wear-down as it mounted on the drive system.

How much will the fuel economy suffer with those kits installed?

loaded pcx increases speed up a hill from 40-53kmh(+30%), and fuel goes up 10- 20%

top speed no clue, as these bikes IMHO neither have tyres nor brakes to do more than 80 ;)

OK thanks, sounds good.

If I understand this system correctly it will not effect engine life/wear-down as it mounted on the drive system.

as it allows faster pickup of rpm and higher rpms, it will affect engines lifetime, but as these engines are good for +100.000km I wouldnt worry :)