The Best Pizza In Krabi ?

april81

Authentic Italian pizza you get at the Viva in Krabi town or at Lo Spuntino and La Luna in Ao Nang. La Casa and Jeseao in Ao Nang or not bad. Pizza company is typical American crap !

Edited by klongmuang

Pizza Company is not good, but unfortunately it's the best in Krabi Town.

At least that was true a few years ago when I used to live there. Hopefully that has changed.

Pizza Company, over-priced and poor quality ingredients.

Sorry, I do not eat pizza very often, makes me FAT (or fatter than I already am anyway....), but try La Luna, I know the other dishes there are good.

Edited by grumpyoldman

. Pizza company is typical American crap !

Another biased criticism. I happen to like the Pizza Company and their thin crispy pizza. It is a little overpriced, but then what isn't in Ao Nang.

Yeah, I'd like to know if klongmuang is a pommie, such quality cuisine in the U.K............what's the national cuisine there, Indian right?

• 1 month later...

Viva Ristorante, in my opinion ;) the best pizza on the mainland.

Great place to eat for that real Italian Pizza and homemade pastas and daily fresh-baked bread, 100% organic olive oil ,excellent professional attentive staff and

a good and exclusively Italian wine list.

Renato and the staff makes a genuine effort to make

you very welcome,and my family found the food delicious on their very first trip to Krabi.

• 2 months later...

Just a more recent update on Krabi's pizza situation:

A brand new eatery (just opened on 10th Sept 10) called Tamarind Restaurant, on Chao fa Road is now serving damned good pizza.

They have an extensive list of pizzas with toppings ranging from smoked salmon to bolognese, plus all the usual suspects.

And the best bit -- it is very cheap. Prices start at 150baht and the pizza is massive.

Enjoy! I've had it two out of the three nights it's been open it's so good!

Note: the restaurant is closed on Mondays, so don't get excited about eating pizza there tonight!! wink.gif

ps. it is not my business, but I am sooo very happy to finally have a good place to eat with a wide variety of food on offer. They even have a kid's menu! So just wanted to share. licklips.gif

• 2 months later...

Where on Chao Fa Rd?

It's directly opposite the new white tax office building, next door to an apartment block - which I think is called Kyothong Mansion.

is is here 8.060995,98.917376

http://maps.google.co.th/maps?q=8.060995,98.917376&num=1&sll=8.084775,98.912935&sspn=0.04631,0.01043&ie=UTF8&ll=8.059219,98.917669&spn=0.008371,0.011362&z=17

• 3 months later...
Pizza company is typical American crap !

Agree. Since when does pizza come with little hot dogs on it? dry.gif

I like La Panza and La Frenza both in Krabi Town near Chao Fa Pier. Both serve more authentic Italian style pizza.

Italian style pizza is shyt.:bah:

Pizza company is typical American crap !

Agree. Since when does pizza come with little hot dogs on it? dry.gif

I like La Panza and La Frenza both in Krabi Town near Chao Fa Pier. Both serve more authentic Italian style pizza.

Italian style pizza is shyt.:bah:

What is a non-italian style pizza?

What is a non-italian style pizza?

The Pizza Co. thick crust

OK, got it.

Thick crust also available in Italy.

Doubt Pizza Co is though.

Went there last month and I chose the thin crust - thin crust being my preference.

Absolutely disgusting.

My beautiful dining companion chose the thick crust.

Well tasty.

So, maybe in a nutshell we have: Pizza Co good for 'non-italian style' pizza (which means thick crust I have learnt this evening), bad for Italian style pizza (which I assume means thin crust).

Fair summary?

OK, got it.

Thick crust also available in Italy.

Doubt Pizza Co is though.

Went there last month and I chose the thin crust - thin crust being my preference.

Absolutely disgusting.

My beautiful dining companion chose the thick crust.

Well tasty.

So, maybe in a nutshell we have: Pizza Co good for 'non-italian style' pizza (which means thick crust I have learnt this evening), bad for Italian style pizza (which I assume means thin crust).

Fair summary?

CH we're boring Klongmuang, God forbid such!

But yes I think, your assessment is logical as The Pizza Company, which I think used to be called the same as the American chain Pizza Hut, until Mr. Meineke was asked to pay them for copyright changed it to Pizza Co. keeping all the same except the name, is based on "American style" pizza.

But for my tastes, (even though I am American!) I'll take an Italian style pizza made by an actual Italian.

• 1 month later...

I have tried all of the pizza in Krabi Town. Here is the deal:

Pizza Company - 100% crap. But it's got air-con, salad bar and endless refills on root beer - nice perks for the weary traveler. If you must eat their pizza, get the double cheese, their toppings are ALL canned. If processed, assembly-line, franchized pizza funded by corporations which run national tv commercials and stuff the crust with cheese that would make an Italian grandmother turn over in her grave does not bother you, this is the pizza for you.

Firenze - awesome pizza, and the owner is a cool Italian guy with a mustache that makes you think you have just landed in Rome.

Viva - good pizza, and as a side note the same recipe has been passed to Joy Bugalow on Koh Jum. If you ever make it there, the pizza on that tiny little island is actually somehow better than the mainland version.

Tamarind - surprisingly awesome for a non-Italian restaurant with non-Italian owners.

There's one other one near the night market that's not bad, and a new one near the lip stick guest house that isn't bad either. Good Dream guest house also has pizza that's not too shabby.

Now tell me where I can get a juicy, American beef burger on a grill and I'm listening. Fast food doesn't count!

I have tried all of the pizza in Krabi Town. Here is the deal:

Pizza Company - 100% crap. But it's got air-con, salad bar and endless refills on root beer - nice perks for the weary traveler. If you must eat their pizza, get the double cheese, their toppings are ALL canned. If processed, assembly-line, franchized pizza funded by corporations which run national tv commercials and stuff the crust with cheese that would make an Italian grandmother turn over in her grave does not bother you, this is the pizza for you.

Firenze - awesome pizza, and the owner is a cool Italian guy with a mustache that makes you think you have just landed in Rome.

Viva - good pizza, and as a side note the same recipe has been passed to Joy Bugalow on Koh Jum. If you ever make it there, the pizza on that tiny little island is actually somehow better than the mainland version.

Tamarind - surprisingly awesome for a non-Italian restaurant with non-Italian owners.

There's one other one near the night market that's not bad, and a new one near the lip stick guest house that isn't bad either. Good Dream guest house also has pizza that's not too shabby.

Now tell me where I can get a juicy, American beef burger on a grill and I'm listening. Fast food doesn't count!

Good Dream aint bad. The Italian on the way to the night market serves OK pizza but the minestrone is a large portion and very tasty.

I was pretty surprised with the beef burger at The Rover the other night. Australian beef but definitely juicy and not the BK-McD's crapola.