The Best Pizza In Krabi ?

april81

Now tell me where I can get a juicy, American beef burger on a grill and I'm listening. Fast food doesn't count!

I was pretty surprised with the beef burger at The Rover the other night. Australian beef but definitely juicy and not the BK-McD's crapola.

Cool thanks, I have a night off think I'll check it out tonight. Mouth is watering already :)

Now tell me where I can get a juicy, American beef burger on a grill and I'm listening. Fast food doesn't count!

I was pretty surprised with the beef burger at The Rover the other night. Australian beef but definitely juicy and not the BK-McD's crapola.

Cool thanks, I have a night off think I'll check it out tonight. Mouth is watering already :)

The beef burger at The Irish Rover was very impressive indeed, thanks for the tip grumpy :)

• 4 weeks later...
Pizza company is typical American crap !

Agree. Since when does pizza come with little hot dogs on it? dry.gif

I like La Panza and La Frenza both in Krabi Town near Chao Fa Pier. Both serve more authentic Italian style pizza.

Since when did they serve it with crappy little hot dogs in the USA? It may be crap but it isn't American crap. Thais love those nasty little hot dogs.

The beef burger at The Irish Rover was very impressive indeed, thanks for the tip grumpy :)

You got it SD, happy to help.

Also I agree with the poster that says the Thais love those little hot dogs, am surprised when I see them on the buffet line at a Thai get together.

For the postor in Livorno (England?) Chaophraya in Leeds.

Livorno is a town in Italy - the place where pizzas come from. :whistling:

I'm not surprised you're looking for a bit of variety in that case. Don't they serve it deep fried? I might nip over and open a wee shop. :D

I'm not surprised you're looking for a bit of variety in that case. Don't they serve it deep fried? I might nip over and open a wee shop. :D

I think they already have their fair share of public toilets :ph34r:

Sorry, Google (where you should go to get the info) threw up England. And I'm sure pizzas come from more than one town in Italy huh.gif , in fact they even make them here in Thailand !!!!!

Sorry, Google (where you should go to get the info) threw up England. And I'm sure pizzas come from more than one town in Italy huh.gif , in fact they even make them here in Thailand !!!!!

Livorno is what the Italians call it. For some strange reason it's called 'Leghorn' in England :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

There is a pinned thread HERE for food discussion & recommendation. Please use it for these discussions as it can become a reference point & not just another thread that disappears. .

• 2 weeks later...

There is a pinned thread HERE for food discussion & recommendation. Please use it for these discussions as it can become a reference point & not just another thread that disappears. .

Crikey Rooo this is about the only active thread on the forum! laugh.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Mark and Mays, near the Maharat Market serves a "Curry Pizza". I did not like the sound of it, but a friend said it was delicious and made me buy one. It was really good, and I have since recommended it to others (including my mom) and they also enjoyed it. Not your typical Italian taste, so if you are craving tomatoes and Oregano you should hit Viva, but if you are feeling adventurous, give it a shot.

• 11 months later...

I have tried all of the pizza in Krabi Town. Here is the deal:

Pizza Company - 100% crap. But it's got air-con, salad bar and endless refills on root beer - nice perks for the weary traveler. If you must eat their pizza, get the double cheese, their toppings are ALL canned. If processed, assembly-line, franchized pizza funded by corporations which run national tv commercials and stuff the crust with cheese that would make an Italian grandmother turn over in her grave does not bother you, this is the pizza for you.

Firenze - awesome pizza, and the owner is a cool Italian guy with a mustache that makes you think you have just landed in Rome.

Viva - good pizza, and as a side note the same recipe has been passed to Joy Bugalow on Koh Jum. If you ever make it there, the pizza on that tiny little island is actually somehow better than the mainland version.

Tamarind - surprisingly awesome for a non-Italian restaurant with non-Italian owners.

There's one other one near the night market that's not bad, and a new one near the lip stick guest house that isn't bad either. Good Dream guest house also has pizza that's not too shabby.

Why would you have to land in Rome...why not Firenze?!

I have tried all of the pizza in Krabi Town. Here is the deal:

Pizza Company - 100% crap. But it's got air-con, salad bar and endless refills on root beer - nice perks for the weary traveler. If you must eat their pizza, get the double cheese, their toppings are ALL canned. If processed, assembly-line, franchized pizza funded by corporations which run national tv commercials and stuff the crust with cheese that would make an Italian grandmother turn over in her grave does not bother you, this is the pizza for you.

Firenze - awesome pizza, and the owner is a cool Italian guy with a mustache that makes you think you have just landed in Rome.

Viva - good pizza, and as a side note the same recipe has been passed to Joy Bugalow on Koh Jum. If you ever make it there, the pizza on that tiny little island is actually somehow better than the mainland version.

Tamarind - surprisingly awesome for a non-Italian restaurant with non-Italian owners.

There's one other one near the night market that's not bad, and a new one near the lip stick guest house that isn't bad either. Good Dream guest house also has pizza that's not too shabby.

Why would you have to land in Rome...why not Firenze?!

Well, Firenze is called Florence in English and not everyone knows that. Thanks for the fastidious pedantic nitpicking on your 3rd post though, with someone only trying to be complimentary to Italy! Nice one!

I'm sorry but anyone who thinks Pizza Co. (1112) make good Pizzas must have had their tastsebuds chemically burned off. They are hideous. The "cheeze" they use is that Kraft synthetic muck. I can just about abide them on burgers, but as the focal ingredient of your pizza is totally ruins it.

It's all frozen and basically nuked anyway. Look in the kitchen if you ever get a chance. No prep of any kind. The same is identical for Pizza Hut here in Surat too. I actually went in their kitchens while they were nuking any remaining taste out of my Pizza (as they thought it was cool to have a farang around the place for an hour.) I can 100% confirm it's all frozen and just chucked in an oven and they're awful awful pizzas to begin with.

Don't even get me started on the pasta and pastabakes they make. Dear lord. I have to agree with the purists here, if you want Kraft cheeze, inside a Frankenfurter inside more Kraft cheeze inside a crispy super cheezy max crust, you're no longer eating a pizza. It's insulting to the idea of a pizza. It's a Franken-Pizza and hurts way more coming out than any other non-spicy food known to man. biggrin.png

My input for Ao Nang - My little gem is Titti Guesthouse's owner's pizzas. He's Italian (I want to say his name is Marco - someone please correct me if I'm wrong) and does a fantastic job, proper thin-crust, home-made tomato base, real cheese, real herbs and oven cooked served up steaming on traditional wood tray! I think he opened up a trattoria a little bit further down the main drag too from his hotel, which I have yet to dine at so can't comment. The pizza at his B&B though is sublime.

Oh and nice heads up about the proper burgers at the Rover! Shame the new owners killed the atmosphere when it changed hands. I went in a week after, around Songkran I think it was and it was dead, really dark and the staff seemed totally uninterested - really out of character for that place.

Willing to give it another try in the pursuit of that burger though! Hope they honour my "15% off food regulars card" I got from the nice lady that ran it with her farang husband before!! biggrin.png (Never did get to know his name.)

Who am I kidding, they're the only joint that has a passable Guinness on tap in the whole province! Alright there's Paddy's, but I never actually see anyone in the Khlong Muang place. I've been in 6 times I'd say and every time I was the only customer. Great for service and the views are lovely, but how they can turn a profit on that, I have no idea.

I'm lying to myself that I won't be the Rover when I make the permanent move to Ao Nang in 5 months time! If anyone wants me I'll be the one in the corner reeking of stout, slipping off the edge of his perilously high barstool, grumbling into his pint incoherently about the dismal state of franchised pizza eateries in the Kingdom of Thailand!

Oh and the curry pizza! What a notion! So trying that. You didn't say what type of curry it was. There's loads of Indians in the area, so did you mean a Thai curry or another fare? Sounds cool though, whichever it is.

Viva La Pizza Thread! Viva Krabi!

Edited by ManInSurat

Spaghetti house pizza is average and I guess Titti guesthouse's pizza and the Red Devil pizza is the same. Looks and tastes like the real pizza from 150 baht. Higly recommended!

Hi Lyanika,

earlier on you mentioned the pizza at Sala Bua-Lo Spuntino was excellent, but here you say Red Devil pizza is "average"?

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Red Devil Umberto's (from Sala Bua-Lo Spuntino) outfit?

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Red Devil Umberto's (from Sala Bua-Lo Spuntino) outfit?

This is how you get trapped if you don't know that both places have the same owner

HI KM,

good info on the other thread about the taxi rates from the airport, thanks.

As far as Red Devil, not sure same owners, per se, again my perception and until I actually talk with Umberto, I think Sala Bua - Lo Spuntino is owned by Soony, Umberto has been the chef and now has branched out to open his own, Red Devil.

Anyway, thats my take and if incorrect, apologize.

Spaghetti house pizza is average and I guess Titti guesthouse's pizza and the Red Devil pizza is the same. Looks and tastes like the real pizza from 150 baht. Higly recommended!

Hi Lyanika,

earlier on you mentioned the pizza at Sala Bua-Lo Spuntino was excellent, but here you say Red Devil pizza is "average"?

Sorry, I formulated it wrong: Spaghetti house's pizza is average. Titti and Red Devil pizzas are the same quality: good. But you still can not compare it with the Sala Bua pizza. But it's much cheaper. And yes, Umberto is the owner of Sala Bua and the Red Devil as well.