O Visa For Work Permit

If I have an "O" visa marriage no problems for the last 2 years prior I had a 'B"

visa with a work permit.

Do I need to change visas for a new work permit.

The new employer says I do .

I'm under the impression if supporting a family you can apply for a work permit on the "O" visa as long as there are no employment restictions which there are not.

The true facts please

Thanks in advance

Your new employer is WRONG!!!

You can most definately get a WP against an 'O' (I have one).

I ran into the same problem, the process is slightly different to a 'B', they just can't be bothered to check with the labour department :o

Time to 'persuade' them to make the phone call.

DC

Your new employer is WRONG!!!

You can most definately get a WP against an 'O' (I have one).

I ran into the same problem, the process is slightly different to a 'B', they just can't be bothered to check with the labour department  :o

Time to 'persuade' them to make the phone call.

DC

Thanks.

Sorry about the the wrong thread.

Why do some employers have to B/S about the procedure. Makes one wonder who's getting a kick here.

Oh well!

Box On!

Ill be applying for a WP on an O visa next month. Even sunbelt werent sure about it, but they are obviously smart enough to make that call.

From the Ministry of Labour webite, it says ANY non-imm visa is ok, but according to Sunbelt it will depend on the officer issuing.

We very rountinely obtain work permits against entry permits issued from Class O visas. It is absolutely routine. In three years, I have never heard of one such apllication we filed ever even having had an eyebrow raised by Work Permit office. My own work permit was issued against a Class O entry permit - although I now renew my Immigration staus each year on the basis of employment, instead of on the basis of supporting a Thai spouse.

Either type of entry permit can be extended for either reason, and both can be used for work permits.

Cheers!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

Bangkok

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com

We very rountinely obtain work permits against entry permits issued from Class O visas.  It is absolutely routine. In three years, I have never heard of one such apllication we filed ever even having had an eyebrow raised by Work Permit office.  My own work permit was issued against a Class O entry permit - although I now renew my Immigration staus each year on the basis of employment, instead of on the basis of supporting a Thai spouse.

Either type of entry permit can be extended for either reason, and both can be used for work permits.

Cheers!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

Bangkok

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com

I've got a post in a seperate thread right now - but i just wonder I have a Non Imm O visa with "Employment Prohibited" stamped on it and I were to apply for an extension for the entry permit and a work permit, after receiving a job offer, if this would cause any problems ?

Khun Bob -

Unless you have an O-A retirement visa, do not worry about those words on the visa stamp. Once you are insiode Thailand, the visa is meaningless - all that matters once you are past Immigration is the ENTRY PERMIT stamp.

If you receive a 90 day entry permit with "non-O" or "Non-B" scribbled in on line at upper right part of stamp, that is all you need to apply for a work permit.

Good luck!

CheersSteve

Indo-Siam

If I have an "O" visa marriage no problems for the last 2 years prior I had a 'B"

visa with a work permit.

Do I need to change visas for a new work permit.

The new employer says I do .

I'm under the impression if supporting a family you can apply for a work permit on the "O" visa as long as there are no employment restictions which there are not.

The true facts please

Thanks in advance

Your Employer is definetely wrong...

I've got the Work Permit from February 04, applied using a Non Immigrant O because like you I'm supporting a Thai Family.

Tex

Edited by TexWiller