Child Doctors And Prices?

jackr

Anyone have any recommendations on a good child clinic/hospital doctor in the city (English speaking), or preferably north of town? The doctor we use at the moment is pretty good - on Thapae road - but the clinic is a little rough around the edges and it's all rush, rush. Just paid 800 for the first dose of 'Hep A' for my boy (Chicken Pox 1,000), which seems a little excessive compared with down south or are they just expensive jabs? Any feedback on consultation and injection prices would be appreciated.

Cheers

Always preferred the hospitals rather than clinics.

Have 2 children and always used McCormick Hospital - they have some very good paediatricians.

Of course if you want to pay more you can always go to CM Ram - but found general service more efficient at McCormick. Ram always seems more like a hotel although doctors are good (Ram 1 that is, don't like Ram 2).

Don't go to hospitals that much but always go around for a second opinion, so been to many.

Remember using the aforementioned clinic on Thapae Rd. once, wasn't impressed; but for some reason its very popular.

Not much to add...

My fiance always takes her son to the clinic on Thapae - I too got the same impression from it - rush, rush and not at all like a doctors clinic, but that seems to be the place to go...

For more serious issues, we use McCormick...

For a general family GP, Dr. Tawachai at the Loi Kroh Clinic, opposite Wat Loi Kroh can't be beaten. Paediatricians, we have always used the Ram 1, Dr. Tamnieum, or the Paediatric Clinic on the inside of the moat past Chiang Mai gate, about 50 meters before you turn left onto Moon Muang. Good atmosphere, the Dr takes her time with you and the place is clean and tidy. No prices I'm afraid, but they have always seemed reasonable.