Bars To Watch World Cup?

bangkok blue

So... can we update the end of this thread with: Who is going to show the remaining games live? They're all at 1:30 in the morning but it's only 4 left so I will watch them all. (yes 4 'cause there's also a game for 3rd place).

Also.. where do the Germany fans congregate? Gonna get a T-shirt today... :P

Edited by nikster

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fabulous German performance last night their fans must be delighted :clap2:

Tuskers will be showing both semi finals with happy hours between 11pm and midnight both nights. Should be two cracking games. We had a noisy Thai contingent supporting Germany last night as well as a lot of neutrals but not many actual Germans. Clearly a lot of life in this World Cup yet :)

Fabulous German performance last night their fans must be delighted :clap2:

Tuskers will be showing both semi finals with happy hours between 11pm and midnight both nights. Should be two cracking games. We had a noisy Thai contingent supporting Germany last night as well as a lot of neutrals but not many actual Germans. Clearly a lot of life in this World Cup yet :)

Glad to hear it. That's where I will be and  where I'll recommend to anyone that asks.

Anyone else showing tonight's and tomorrow's game? Nothing against Tusker's, but a bit of variety is always good :) UN Irish Pub? Dragonfly? Thanks...

HUP HOLLAND!! :D

If you're Dutch it has to be Herman's place The Wall. I gather Dragonfly will be staying open as are the Un Irish pub (I get their newsletter) Half Moon Bar is another one. We're not staying open at The Olde Bell but we're concentrating on Formula One with the British Grand Prix on Sunday at 7pm.

Netherlands had a bit of a scare against Uruguay, but they're on to the finals against Germany or Spain. I think the Dutch would have an easier time against the Spaniards. Germany plays too much like a well oiled unit and strike with clinical authority.

Everyone and their dog wants a Germany - Holland final. I'll be cheering for Germany tonight.

Walked past Tusker's yesterday, pretty deserted but did find the old Twogether bar back, which was nice. And I can also confirm that all the rumours about the terribleness of Spicy have been greatly exaggerated, even the smoke issue was addressed. (Ok it's been about 4 years since I was last there, but was pleasantly surprised)

Everyone and their dog wants a Germany - Holland final. I'll be cheering for Germany tonight.

Walked past Tusker's yesterday, pretty deserted but did find the old Twogether bar back, which was nice. And I can also confirm that all the rumours about the terribleness of Spicy have been greatly exaggerated, even the smoke issue was addressed. (Ok it's been about 4 years since I was last there, but was pleasantly surprised)

all restaurants and bars and public buildings are non smoking now arent they?

<BR>
<BR>Everyone and their dog wants a Germany - Holland final.  I'll be cheering for Germany tonight.<BR><BR>Walked past Tusker's yesterday, pretty deserted but did find the old Twogether bar back, which was nice.   And I can also confirm that all the rumours about the terribleness of Spicy have been greatly exaggerated, even the smoke issue was addressed.  (Ok it's been about 4 years since I was last there, but was pleasantly surprised)<BR>
<BR><BR>all restaurants and bars and public buildings are non smoking now arent they?<BR>
<BR><BR><BR>By law YES. Reality NO.