Dive Operation Near Krabi

wiesemc

Dear Expats,

I'm coming to Krabi on Dec 1 to 15 with my girlfriend. She needs to get certified, and I need a refresher. Any good dive operations in Ao Nang, Krabi or Ko Phi Phi to be recommended? Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Matthew

Dear Expats,

I'm coming to Krabi on Dec 1 to 15 with my girlfriend.  She needs to get certified, and I need a refresher.  Any good dive operations in Ao Nang, Krabi or Ko Phi Phi to be recommended?  Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Matthew

try www.scuba-addicts.com - they are on the ao nang beach front and run by friends of mine - Brit-operated, top notch equipment and safety number 1 concern. Have a good 1!

• 2 weeks later...
Dear Mr. Lob,

Always good to have a recommendation.  I've tried to contact Scuba Addicts twice via email, but it was returned as an invalid address.  Any suggestions?  I'll try again tomorrow.

Matthew

Hi Matthew

Not sure if you have tried again recently but the email appears to working now?

good luck

lobin

Dear Matthew,

Sorry for the problems with the E-mail we've had some technical problems & had to take the computer down for a couple of days.

Back to business, it would be great to have you both over in December, Ao Nang is a great place to be in the lead up to Xmas. We can cater for you both, your refresher will take a day & the Open Water course is 4 days.

As you are here for two weeks, you may want to do some additional fun diving, we would be happy to discuss a discounted dive package with you.

Please see our website for more details or alternatively please E-mail me at [email protected] or my personal E-mail address [email protected]

We look forward to hearing from you & welcoming you to Ao Nang.

Best Regards

Stuart Bickerton 481623

www.scuba-addicts.com

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Matthew

I worked as a freelance instructor in Ao Nang last season, but i am in the UK at the moment. Next season i will be managing Sun Divers in Ao Nang and would love the opportunity to discuss diving in Ao Nang with you and your girlfriend. If you want i could call you to discuss all your diving needs or just to give you the full low down on hotels, bars, restaurants, or even the other dive shops. Please email me on [email protected] please replace xxxx with o.

Thanks

Brian

• 1 month later...

yeah,i agree with mr lob. scuba addicts are a great crowd.Tim and Stu are great instructors and you will both find it a fun and relaxed environment to dive with. I did my open water-advanced and my rescue with Tim and although i dont know what any other instructor is like(including Stu),i personally would not want anyone else to teach me.At the moment there are 4 instructors at scuba addicts-Tim and Stu(the owners)Paul(another englishman)and Punch(a really nice,thai girl that speaks good english).You wouldnt do better but you could do worse.P.s. If you do decide to go with scuba addicts,mention my name-Rik. I may be able to get a cheap or free dive from them.P.p.s. Enjoy your diving when you do get here-I saw and stroked my first leopard shark yesterday,it was GREAT.

Dear Expats,

I'm coming to Krabi on Dec 1 to 15 with my girlfriend.  She needs to get certified, and I need a refresher.  Any good dive operations in Ao Nang, Krabi or Ko Phi Phi to be recommended?  Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Matthew

Dear Expats,

Sincerely,

Matthew

after the post from 'Charlevi" - "I stroked my first leopard shark there" _ i can only strongly recommend to stay away from a dive school who allows their divers to touch anything under water other than your equipment!!! :D

if they are brits, they cannot be Padi, and in all my diving the only people I've seen doing irresponsible things like touching corals or fish are :

italians, japanese and professional fotografers :D

but NEVER EVER any Padi dive school to allow it, and - if happened, not reprimanding the guy!

I am Padi instructor, and yes : the first thing you get hammered in in any Padi school is : "Look, don't touch" even before they tell you the "BRTA = rule of four":

"breathe - relax - think - act" :o

Dear Expats,

Sincerely,

Matthew

after the post from 'Charlevi" - "I stroked my first leopard shark there" _ i can only strongly recommend to stay away from a dive school who allows their divers to touch anything under water other than your equipment!!! :D

if they are brits, they cannot be Padi, and in all my diving the only people I've seen doing irresponsible things like touching corals or fish are :

italians, japanese and professional fotografers :D

but NEVER EVER any Padi dive school to allow it, and - if happened, not reprimanding the guy!

I am Padi instructor, and yes : the first thing you get hammered in in any Padi school is : "Look, don't touch" even before they tell you the "BRTA = rule of four":

"breathe - relax - think - act" :o

Just for the record-when I say that I stroked a leopard shark,I hardly mean that I stroked it the way that I would stroke a dog.Yes,I do know that I should not do it, but in my defence,after approx 20 dives and it being the 1st time I had seen such an animal that I just happend to be close enough to touch,I touched its tail very softly with my forefinger.I was caught up in the moment and the temptation got the better of me.And again,just for the record,my dive instructor did not allow me to do it,he couldnt have stopped me,and believe me,he did have a few words to say to me when we resurfaced.So do yourself a favour mate---try not to be so cynical.It is something that I shouldnt have done and will probably never do again.

• 2 weeks later...

I've used Scuba-addicts to do my advanced & rescue diver course.

Stu was a great instructor! Although he did push me on the rescue course.

Which I'm glade of, since its made me a better diver. Well its made me more confident that I could handle an emergency better. :o

I meet Tim a couple of times in the evening and he seems a great guy as well.

I've used other guides/instructors before in Sharm & Oz, and I must say Stu seemed more like a friend than a teacher. He cared not only about making sure I made the grade, but also that I felt comfortable and could trust him. Unlike other guides I've used, who just take you down & you don't feel like really know them.

I'd recommend Scuba-addicts & specifically Stu. He'll even brought me a coupe of beers on completion of my courses! (no diving the next day).

I'm gonna head back out there in June/July time to do some more fun dives with Stu.

+ I'll get to have a go with the new Halcyon wing BCD's the've now got! :D

There ment to be the nuts! (although I'm glade I didnt have to do the rescue course & remove one of them!)

In summary: give them a go, you wont regret it!

• 9 months later...

I heard krabi has many local dive within reach easily buy long tail boats? What are good local

sites (if you don't want to go far like phi phi, lanta...) and how much they cost for 10 log dive

package for preperation along AOW course?

• 5 months later...
Dear Matthew,

Sorry for the problems with the E-mail we've had some technical problems & had to take the computer down for a couple of days.

Back to business, it would be great to have you both over in December, Ao Nang is a great place to be in the lead up to Xmas. We can cater for you both, your refresher will take a day & the Open Water course is 4 days.

As you are here for two weeks, you may want to do some additional fun diving, we would be happy to discuss a discounted dive package with you.

Please see our website for more details or alternatively please E-mail me at [email protected] or my personal E-mail address [email protected]

We look forward to hearing from you & welcoming you to Ao Nang.

Best Regards

Stuart Bickerton 481623

www.scuba-addicts.com

Stu,

My Thai wife and I will be visiting Krabi sometime in June or July. I am a certified diver, but my wife is not. I went to your website and see that you have a "Discover Scuba Diving" course which I would like her to take. I took similar diving courses in the Bahamas and the Florida Keys before I became certified. I would like to be able to go with her on her two dives. Would this be possible and what would it cost? My wife would feel more comfortable with someone that can speak Thai.

BkkDude, try Lom Lae on the island of Koh Yao Noi. Speak to Radt, you can tell him I mentioned it. The instructors are Thai and they are a great bunch. They know the water better than most and I'm sure you'll work out a great price. They have a website but can't remember it offhand

BkkDude, try Lom Lae on the island of Koh Yao Noi. Speak to Radt, you can tell him I mentioned it. The instructors are Thai and they are a great bunch. They know the water better than most and I'm sure you'll work out a great price. They have a website but can't remember it offhand