Clashes Continue, Turning Central Bangkok In Virtual Warzone

webfact

For those of you who have seen the footage of the Army truck being stopped by protestors and one of the soldiers being pulled out of the truck... its unclear if he gets shot or knocked unconcious..

Heres a different angle and shot of that scene.. you dont see the same things but its the same truck

!

The army reported only 1 injured soldier on the day this happened, and he was injured at Rajprasong. So my guess is that the soldier in the video is "playing dead".

Dont blame him really... his mate got the crap kicked out of him by that crowd... seems like playing dead was the better option...

PS whats this licking of the crystal BS - some of you posters are on crack!!

Edited by Koh_Falang

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For those of you who have seen the footage of the Army truck being stopped by protestors and one of the soldiers being pulled out of the truck... its unclear if he gets shot or knocked unconcious..

Heres a different angle and shot of that scene.. you dont see the same things but its the same truck

!

The army reported only 1 injured soldier on the day this happened, and he was injured at Rajprasong. So my guess is that the soldier in the video is "playing dead".

Dont blame him really... his mate got the crap kicked out of him by that crowd... seems like playing dead was the better option...

Yet another example of Red style "non-violent protest" they promised.

!

That I agree with. What was he doing anyways driving alone through red-shirt-land?

!

And the guys frantically carrying him to an ambulance are also playing along?

Congratulations, you have achieved perfect isolation from reality, you're living in your own bubble of pro-red spin.

!

That I agree with. What was he doing anyways driving alone through red-shirt-land?

Good question - Ive always wondered why the soldiers seem to be just watlzing around in 2s and 3s instead of marching down the road in hundreds.. They dont even look formidable..

random guys driving trucks around etc... no wonder they are getting ambushed!!

ThaivisaNews: TNN: Khunying Pojarmn left for Singapore -Chavalit to Kunming & Banharn will fly to HK.

How many prominent reds already fled the country?

They most likely left for another reason, since they're the ones with the least worries. Chavalit and Banharn haven't done anything wrong. We'll soon find out.

ThaivisaNews: TNN: Khunying Pojarmn left for Singapore -Chavalit to Kunming & Banharn will fly to HK.

They most likely left for another reason, since they're the ones with the least worries. Chavalit and Banharn haven't done anything wrong. We'll soon find out.

Banharn is also an aide of the current coalition government and not a prominent red.

Asians in general are more readily spooked by riots than westerners. Pardon me if that sounds biased, but look at tourist stats. Whenever there's trouble at a tourist spot, it's always the Asians who cancel first. It's happening with Thai tourism numbers as we speak.

So why else would Chevalit and Banharn split? Probably because they're rich and they want to go somewhere peaceful and fun. But most likely, security concerns are paramount for them. Reds have been known to attack private houses without warning for all sorts of odd reasons. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of other big shots associated with Reds have split from Thailand - at least for awhile.

!

Yet another example of Red style "non-violent protest" they promised.

:)

In case you don't have it noticed, it is still the same example you posted here, just a different angle.

!

Congratulations, you have achieved perfect isolation from reality, you're living in your own bubble of pro-red spin.

Interesting that I posted a link to the original video a long time ago and it was ignored on this thread for a very long time.

It is also interesting that a new video surfaced that does not show the execution or attempted execution.

In the original, two soldiers are forced from the truck.

One is taken to the back........you can see from the second video that paramedics help him escape (he finally runs off).

The other is taken to the front.........in the original you hear a gunshot...........the solider is then taken away (presumably shot and perhaps dead).

That part is not shown in the second video............and that is the most interesting part of the second video. :)

!

Interesting that I posted a link to the original video a long time ago and it was ignored on this thread for a very long time.

It is also interesting that a new video surfaced that does not show the execution or attempted execution.

In the original, two soldiers are forced from the truck.

One is taken to the back........you can see from the second video that paramedics help him escape (he finally runs off).

The other is taken to the front.........in the original you hear a gunshot...........the solider is then taken away (presumably shot and perhaps dead).

That part is not shown in the second video............and that is the most interesting part of the second video. :)

Perhaps he only came out to film again when he heard the shot... im not reading too much into that...

Im on this persons utube profile... some other vids... not sure who the ppl he interviews are or what they are saying...

So, he supposedly hears a shot and films down below.........and does not film the soldier on the ground in the front of the truck........only the soldier in the back who ends up running away as if nothing bad has happened. :)

That is possible...........but not likely IMHO. It is also possible that the video has been altered.

It will be interesting if a video surfaces showing the soldier being shot in cold blood.

All this murder because a gruby little abisit clinging to illegitimate power would rather see his own people murdered than uphold democracy in an election.

Hello Troll, Who said Abhisit wouldn't have an election? If you'd been paying attention, you'd know that he openly offered, in April, to have an election 13 months before he needed to, according to the Thai Constitution. That wasn't good enough for the Reds. Then Abhisit offered to hold elections 15 months earlier than he needed to. That was accepted by the Reds, but then Thaksin informed some of the hotter heads, via back channels, that was not acceptable. So then there was silly stalling tactics for a week, while the offer was still on the table (and most Red leaders were still saying Abhisit's offer was acceptable). Meanwhile Red leaders were having deep rifts, as evidenced by their closed meetings for many hours at a time. The hot heads prevailed (Weera went AWOL), and then the offer was rescinded by Abhisit, and now we have the current imbroglio.

Anyone who still insists Abhisit is in power illegally, clearly doesn't want to acknowledge the truth of the matter. Abhisit became PM according to the same coalition-building wranglings by which his predecessors came to power, Thaksin included.

The current situation is sad, but fully attributable to the militant factions of the Reds.

Here's a partial list of the lies the Reds have tried to push past the rest of us:

>>>> Protests would be peaceful

>>>> There would be a million attendees

>>>> There would be 10,000 monks

>>>> There are no black shirts with combat weapons

>>>> ok, if there are black shirts, they're not with us

>>>> ok, photos of them fraternizing with Reds must be photoshopped

>>>> Anything bad that appears to happen by Reds, must be outsiders dressed as Reds (they tried that - even before the protests began)

>>>> Reds accept Abhisit's most recent offer, but protests aren't abandoned.

>>>> Reds reiterate their acceptance the following 2 days, but some hotter heads don't go along. Thaksin and the hot heads prevail.

>>>> It's not about Thaksin.

>>>> Leaders say publicly they won't ask for amnesty or bail, but privately they insist on it.

>>>> Won't confirm whether ID's are being confiscated.

>>>> Admit protesters are being paid, but payments are apparently defered until it's deemed the right time by protest cell leaders - thereby keeping protesters from leaving when they want to leave.

>>>> Reds only use slingshots and throw rocks

>>>> Any grenades coming from Red camps must be a mistaken assumption.

>>>> All protesters injured or killed are innocent and, at most, lightly armed.

. . . . . . . and the list goes on.

Couldnt have put it clearer myself. All the facts and a list that gets longer and longer of the Red , anti Thailand , Taksin pawn Terrorist leadership only interested in a victory that is of an unprincipled group of thugs , corrupted who have no interest in their country's future but with a man who runs away from the country he claims to care about . But like everything else this grouping mouths, all lies.

So I have a theory - yes, it is a bit of a conspiracy theory but we have had plenty of those. Also it makes a change from the usual pro-Red/pro-Abhisit stuff.

It runs like this. This is not really a power struggle just between Abhisit and the Reds. There is a third force - the Military - and they are angling for a coup.

Now they have good reasons and there seem to be signs.

First, and foremost, they really have been too incompetent over this demonstration that it is a little unbelievable. They create casualties but make no gains. In some respects it almost as though they are inciting violence.

Second, we all know that much of this is about the military reshuffle - Abhisit wants to be in charge, so does Thaksin but the military I suspect would like to control their own affairs.

Third, Abhisit is keen to amend the constitution - the one created by the last military Government. It would almost certainly reduce the role of the military.

Would a coup work? Almost certainly - it would be done implicitly in the name of the highest authority. The reds would disburse with Abhisit gone. And the Democrats would find it hard to argue with one coup when they approved of the previous one. Above all, order would be restored.

To take the conspiracy a little further one could ask what sort of coup it would be. This time around it might be different. Rather than an immediate commitment to fresh elections, it might propose elections when the rifts in Thai society have healed. More importantly, they might even try to enshrine a permanent role for the military in Government. Afterall the basis of their current authority wont last forever.

In the December 2550 election PPP won 233 seats. If someone at TVF argue PPP had won the election, he will get immediately a heavy response and counter claims by a truckload of Thaksin haters explaining him that the PPP was far from winning and very far from getting any majority.

If PM Abhisit is appointed by 235 MP ( just two more than the initial PPP results) the same truckload of members argue he has a the clear majority of the votes and is of course entitled to send the army out to kill his opposition, the insurgents and terrorists, all is justified.

When Abhisit was elected PM, the number of MPs had been reduced by the banning of party executives of most of the parties. What validated that election - and I suggests provides a morally valid mandate - was that the coalition won the majority of the vacated seats, and together the coalition parties did better than merely retaining seats vacated by bannings.

Out and Out muder.

The two Thai military gunman should be put on trial, then after convicted, sentenced to DEATH.

All involved in the chain of command that ordered these killings should also be put on trial and if convicted, put to death.

No matter how high the chain goes.

I love that crap about the Elite loving the common man.

I see a lot of love dead in the street.

They are hungry--out of bread and rice?

Let them eat cake say the leaders.

So I have a theory - yes, it is a bit of a conspiracy theory but we have had plenty of those. Also it makes a change from the usual pro-Red/pro-Abhisit stuff.

It runs like this. This is not really a power struggle just between Abhisit and the Reds. There is a third force - the Military - and they are angling for a coup.

If the military wanted a coup, there would have been one by now. There's been ample opportunity. No, the military got chastened by the previous coup. I see the situation in a simpler light: The military didn't want to take dynamic measures earlier on in this protest, because they have a reputation for coming down too hard in previous rallies. They wanted a political solution, and said so. Now, with Sanserm leading the tactical maneuverings, the military are doing a rather good job. I, for one, would like to detract from my earlier taunting of calling them 'meek.' They're now doing what needs to be done, and exposing the Reds (or factions thereof) for what they basically are: a ragtag bunch of thugs out for an adrenaline rush.

I hope the time is approaching for closing in on the barricades. The past two days of cordoning off have been somewhat successful, so we wait for the closing acts.

Unfortunately for the Reds, besides the lamentable injuries and deaths on both sides, is that they're going to go home without achieving anything worthwhile. Their dumbass leaders grasped defeat from the jaws of achievement.

Edited by brahmburgers

In the December 2550 election PPP won 233 seats. If someone at TVF argue PPP had won the election, he will get immediately a heavy response and counter claims by a truckload of Thaksin haters explaining him that the PPP was far from winning and very far from getting any majority.

If PM Abhisit is appointed by 235 MP ( just two more than the initial PPP results) the same truckload of members argue he has a the clear majority of the votes and is of course entitled to send the army out to kill his opposition, the insurgents and terrorists, all is justified.

When Abhisit was elected PM, the number of MPs had been reduced by the banning of party executives of most of the parties. What validated that election - and I suggests provides a morally valid mandate - was that the coalition won the majority of the vacated seats, and together the coalition parties did better than merely retaining seats vacated by bannings.

The really interesting question is where this leaves Newin Chidchob. He has 40 MPs or so that decide the power balance. What is unclear at least to me is whether the current 'Red' activity has strong support in the North North-East. If it does, then he might withdraw his support and bring down the Government.

Nice to see those so involved with this current terrorist outbreak are fleeing to safety whilst their pawns are trapped in the middle of the opposing factions.

Waste matter always floats

msg362.

You should wrap the article in quote tags and post it.

The truth is there for all to see, the true agenda of the Red Shirt Brigade (mis) leadership is shown for what it is worth.