Clashes Continue, Turning Central Bangkok In Virtual Warzone

webfact

Am utterly appalled at the reds. They had such sympathy a month and a half ago, now they are just a bunch of criminals working for their master Thaksin to the detriment of the entire nation. Disgusting.

OK. However, I can't understand any civilized person having any sympathy for them at all after Pattaya Asean and Black Songkran.

are

democracy is what the fight is all about. freedom of the people to vote and elect a government of their choice,this and not the choice of the Armed Forces in Thailand.in this civil war the only losers are the Thais themselves. the Reds are this fighting for their lives because of the repression they are suffering under the rich and powerful this has been going on for hundreds of years and now they will not give up. The Prime Minister will have to resign and face the charges of the people. This is the work of the New World order and the Bushes and the Blair's Rothschild's and Rockefeller's of this world are destroying democracy. Is it is going to end I think not -- I wish it would . The UK now has a new government Thailand needs one to. don't blame the people who want change. twice the government that was elected have been deposed. back the reds

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know what happened, but for a short period I couldn't access thaivisa.com because of this:

http://www.thaivisa.com/404.0.html

Everytime I clicked something on Thai visa I was getting this message. What was going on???

Anyhow. Any more casualties by now???

I was getting the same message it was as if TV was beng hijacked ?? by a Sponser ??

BT

BBC';s Allistair Leithead has interesting and frequent updates on his twitter page, and some good pictures too.

http://twitter.com/aleithead

---

Young nervous soldiers looking very scared firing live rounds. Took out street light. No indication of injuries if any from last gunfire.

http://tweetphoto.com/22346672 More arrests near Lumpini. No real sense of why.

Just to add on arrests. No real sign of what they were doing to be arrested. Lots of ordinary people in their shops mixed in with protesters

Thats a bit harsh...kill the innocent protestors in the camp that are sticking up for the rights whether they are right or wrong?

It never ceases to amaze me how farangs on thaivisa seem to think they know best about thailand and how to deal with thailands problems.

What is also very funny is that i have scoured the thai tv channels to seem some live coverage and all i can find is thai soaps and other nonsense things...yet thaivisa has thousands of high intelligent members going crazy about others people problems..If you are a farang with a thai passport then fair enough..its your problem as well you fellow country mens.

It never ceases to amaze me that posters on Thai Visa (interestingly, usually red supporters) think that just because you are a farang that you don't have an interest in a country that you live, that you have family etc, that you have businesses employing many Thais, that you pay taxes, that you call home and that you just generally like.

Why do we need to be thai born to have an interest in the country?

Edited by whybother

3hrs of sunlight left before the spooks come out. Hoping the army are fully prepared.

Thaksin wanting to negotiate a sign the reds are on the back-foot, or is he merely reading from the script...?

Well, Abhisit used the illusion of negotiations as a prelude to his murderous military offense against civilians. Might Thaksin stoop to Abhisit's level? Why not?

no need to wonder who farted this one out.

If the reds didn't pull that sudden demand that Suthep be arrested etc this wouldn't be happening.

But then maybe they would have pulled another demand out of their butts until reconciliation broke down. Like now.

I still am of the opinion that TS said 'no bonus if gov't not dissolved.'

I think martial law is the next step and the only way out. I don't trust the police, to me they are just about collecting money.

t never ceases to amaze me that posters on Thai Visa (interestingly, usually red supporters) think that just because you are a farang, that you don't have an interest in a country that you live, that you have family etc, that you have businesses employing many Thais, that you pay taxes, that you call home and that you just generally like.

^ Agreed. It shows we care.

Could do with less of the hate & violence mongering though. (Some posters, not you.)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Am utterly appalled at the reds. They had such sympathy a month and a half ago, now they are just a bunch of criminals working for their master Thaksin to the detriment of the entire nation. Disgusting.

OK. However, I can't understand any civilized person having any sympathy for them at all after Pattaya Asean and Black Songkran.

are

democracy is what the fight is all about freedom of the people to vote and elect a government of their choice and not the choice of the Armed Forces in Thailand this civil war the only losers are the Thais themselves the Reds fighting for their lives because of the repression they are suffering under the rich and powerful this has been going on for hundreds of years and now they will not give up. The Prime Minister will have to resign in the face charges of the people. This is the work of the New World order and the Bushes and the Blair's Rothschild's and Rockefeller's of this world are destroying democracy. Is it is going to end I think not -- I wish it would . The UK now has a new government Thailand needs one to. don't blame the people who want change is twice the government that was elected have been deposed.

Please tell me you are not a Brit, because i can decipher about half of that! And regarding your comments on the 'new' UK Govt., oh please.... same exclusive drink, new label!

The only ones that have sympathy for them are the reds themselves - like their fan club here - time for negotiation is over and I hope the government realizes that the only way to win this is to go full out and destroy them once and for all

Maybe you should study the situation a bit more. The majority of the Thai population supports the "red shirts". Let me say it again...the majority. That means over 50% of the population. Maybe you have not been out of the large tourist cities and into the rural areas where the majority of the Thai population lives.

So, you can't understand half of the population. That is not surprising. I've met Red-supporters, rich and poor and middle class, actually I've known many for years. They are good people who, frightening to some, support greater democracy and less military intervention in Thai politics. I've met a few Yellows too and some are also good people. The most rabid yellows seem to be the farangs who are unnecessarily afraid of being lifted off their pedestal.

Your opening claim has been proved false previously. A Khon Kaen Uni study in KK found that 50% of those surveyed did not support house dissolution, and that was before Chula invasion. If you can't get a clear majority of support in the heart of Isaan, then your claim for half the population verges on absurd.

Thats a bit harsh...kill the innocent protestors in the camp that are sticking up for the rights whether they are right or wrong?

It never ceases to amaze me how farangs on thaivisa seem to think they know best about thailand and how to deal with thailands problems.

What is also very funny is that i have scoured the thai tv channels to seem some live coverage and all i can find is thai soaps and other nonsense things...yet thaivisa has thousands of high intelligent members going crazy about others people problems..If you are a farang with a thai passport then fair enough..its your problem as well you fellow country mens.

Those reds who have stayed know whats coming. There are no "innocents" left. There is only one reason for a red shirt to be on the streets now and that is to support the ones who are shooting at the army, burning buses, etc. or to be one the active insurgents.

Why would it amaze you that people who have lives here - families, businesses, careers, would care about what happens. But I guess for someone who is just here for the beer and girls would have that outlook.

On a lighter note - i did the same search of thai tv. you wouldn't know there was anything going on, except a pretty good boxing match. :)

The only ones that have sympathy for them are the reds themselves - like their fan club here - time for negotiation is over and I hope the government realizes that the only way to win this is to go full out and destroy them once and for all

Maybe you should study the situation a bit more. The majority of the Thai population supports the "red shirts". Let me say it again...the majority. That means over 50% of the population. Maybe you have not been out of the large tourist cities and into the rural areas where the majority of the Thai population lives.

I have just come back form upcountry and would say that is entirely wrong. Even PTP dont have 50% support and the reds have less than that as some maybe even quite a few PTP do nothing to help reds in their rural constituencies. The 50% plus thing is pure red propaganda.

The reds have a lot of support in the upper Isaan and upper north particularly areas where PTP MPs have aided them and where their networks are strong. However, it wouldnt surprise me if a majority across the country were neither red or yellow. You dont have to be one or the other.

By the way, making false claims just undermines other points.

I think you have been stuck in a red village where you can't talk anything but red propaganda.

Either that or out of the country.

Those reds who have stayed know whats coming. There are no "innocents" left. There is only one reason for a red shirt to be on the streets now and that is to support the ones who are shooting at the army, burning buses, etc. or to be one the active insurgents.

Why would it amaze you that people who have lives here - families, businesses, careers, would care about what happens. But I guess for someone who is just here for the beer and girls would have that outlook.

On a lighter note - i did the same search of thai tv. you wouldn't know there was anything going on, except a pretty good boxing match. :)

Where do you get your info from? The Post or Nation? The military and govt TV stations? On one hand you are smart enough to know it is all junta-biased bullshit, but on the other hand you want desperately to believe it. The tension must be horrific.

Soon we will have UDD protesters in every part of Thailand, not only Ratchaprasong and Silom.

Im perfectly fine with that as long as I don't see them in Bangkok anymore, they overstayed their welcome and if you are from say Chiangmai you should protest in Chiangmai not come here to disturb life of normal citizens, get out!!!

I seriously doubt that 50% supports the reds. Perhaps close to that originally had sympathy for the protests, but my personal observation is that most of them now think it's enough, and especially that Abhisit's offer should have been accepted.

This was the feeling in rural areas of the lower north I just visited and 6 months ago there was sympathy.

Yes. They are after all incredibly minor charges, and politically motivated at that. Thaksin may agree to not actually run himself however.

Nothing "incredibly minor" about a conviction of two years in prison. And of course let's not forget that there are many other cases against him that have been stalled by his cowardly fleeing act.

I ask question because you and some same you say this stupid thing a lot.

compare that happen is like.

Thaksin come back now, put brother and family in charge police and courts and TV, Radio Army. Then invite mr Suthep to come explain about past corruption of him and of 30 people dead.

think that fair

Firstly, is it possible to make your point without accusing others of stupidity?

Secondly, when Thaksin was tried for assets concealment it's commonly believed that he used his power and popularity to get the decision in his favour. He happily accepted the courts verdict of course. Later, in a separate case, his lawyers attempted to bribe judges to get them to rule in his favour. On this occasion he lost.

People who play the system like that lose the right to cry and moan when it gets played against them, if indeed it has been. Thaksin and his red followers should have acted like men and accepted the court's ruling. Instead they acted like yellow-bellied pansies.

I've said it before and I will say it once again........ let all the parties involved field their best man or woman. Let them build an arena like the Romans did and let them fight until one is left standing. Whoever wins, he or she gets the respect he or she deserves. Peace cannot be obtained without the use of arms and force.

Stage an Olympic style games. The winner with more medals and recognition gets to lead the country and the loser deserves to be forgiven and must work along with the winner.

Let bygones be bygones. Only one bad rotten apple is infecting the entire crop of good apples. Besides, that bad rotten apple is too far away. Why bother? His money and fame will soon be in the waste garbage bin.

Anybody out there who has the money to pay to get rid of him once and for all?

are

democracy is what the fight is all about freedom of the people to vote and elect a government of their choice and not the choice of the Armed Forces in Thailand this civil war the only losers are the Thais themselves the Reds fighting for their lives because of the repression they are suffering under the rich and powerful this has been going on for hundreds of years and now they will not give up. The Prime Minister will have to resign in the face charges of the people. This is the work of the New World order and the Bushes and the Blair's Rothschild's and Rockefeller's of this world are destroying democracy. Is it is going to end I think not -- I wish it would . The UK now has a new government Thailand needs one to. don't blame the people who want change is twice the government that was elected have been deposed.

....and that is what all the country people believe, of course, they're getting paid to believe. From 5mb/day for the top post and a pay schedule for different positions. The Reds that are there fighting with weapons are of course paid more than the average protestor and there's probably a bonus for important acts....The average protestor is promised 200k/baht to their family if they die (insurance policy). Many have lost their trust and not sure they'll get paid so some are returning.

Don't be deceived in believing that the country people from Isaan and the North know the meaning of Democracy. They've been paid to listen to lots of questionable speeches plus all the food, music, partying, etc. Amongst the Red's you'll find lots of village low-life that normally wake up to lowkow and never do an honest days work. For many others it's a free trip to the city with all expenses paid and a change from the everyday monotony. They are not there fighting for democracy. the proof is that very few would go for free.

Sorry they let you down, but that's exactly what they were two months ago, nothing has changed.

I have two points to make,

1, Just because i am not thai or a resident doesnt mean i dont care, or that my worries or opinions are not valid. I live here and contribute to society. As for the FARANG tourists that you seem to dislike so much- they prop up the economy in this country, without them the economy will crash imo. So try to lose the bigotry

2,i have travelled all over the country and i have seen first hand people being TOLD they will vote red or else.... i dont call this support. A lot of my friends are from outside bkk and are poor, they DONT support reds!! Yet some friends of mine in Pattaya who are Thai, and not poor DO support the reds. imho a large proportion of rural people do support red, BUT nowhere near the 50% you are claiming. How can the reds staying here in bkk be helping their families and their crops? The payments will stop as soon as their usefullness runs out, what then for the poorest of these people???? I'm sorry but the reds have to go, the only reds who will profit from this are not the normal truly poor people you are championing, this is all about money and power, not impoverished people from Issan

So, you can't understand half of the population. That is not surprising. I've met Red-supporters, rich and poor and middle class, actually I've known many for years. They are good people who, frightening to some, support greater democracy and less military intervention in Thai politics. I've met a few Yellows too and some are also good people. The most rabid yellows seem to be the farangs who are unnecessarily afraid of being lifted off their pedestal.

this is true... so true...

What the he--l is the matter with the government They say

"Defence Minister General Prawit Wongsuwon said the operation was meant to force the movement's leaders back to talks with the government.

The military operation aims to put pressure on the Red Shirts to come back to the negotiating table," Prawit told AFP"

Are they all brain dead to think they can negotiate with the red shirts. Even my unborn great grandson knows better than that. :)

I don't know what happened, but for a short period I couldn't access thaivisa.com because of this:

http://www.thaivisa.com/404.0.html

Everytime I clicked something on Thai visa I was getting this message. What was going on???

Anyhow. Any more casualties by now???

Yes, TV is getting overloaded with nonesense, thats what message 404 means.

Either that or George, Webfact and the other admin layabouts arnt pedalling hard enuf :):D

It never ceases to amaze me that posters on Thai Visa (interestingly, usually red supporters) think that just because you are a farang that you don't have an interest in a country that you live, that you have family etc, that you have businesses employing many Thais, that you pay taxes, that you call home and that you just generally like.

Pussy-whipped farangs who daren't argue with their thai wives/gf's, so take it out on us on TV.