Year Extension, Work Permit, Non "o"

I have a one year extension visa based on a Non Immigrant "O", I am basically supporting my Thai wife and daughter.

At the time of my application I did not show my bank account here in Thailand but only my revenues comes from a Regular Job, more than enough to grant me the possibility to get it.

The contract with the company I'm working for will expire soon and I'll give back my work permit to the local Labour office, my concern now is if I'm still in title to benefit of my year extension or not, I can of course add further documents testifying that I have over 400,000 baht on my Thai bank account if needed.

I would prefer do not leave the country if is possible.

Thanks in advance for your kind advice

Tex :o

If your Class O entry permit was extended on the basis of support of a Thai spouse (which is most likely the case), then your exitsing entry permit extension will be unaffected by termination of current employment.

Come time for renewal of your entry permit extension, money accumulated from your legal earlier employment in Thailand will most likely suffice, depending on how long go it was banked.

Good luck!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

Bangkok

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com

If your Class O entry permit was extended on the basis of support of a Thai spouse (which is most likely the case), then your exitsing entry permit extension will be unaffected by termination of current employment.

Come time for renewal of your entry permit extension, money accumulated from your legal earlier employment in Thailand will most likely suffice, depending on how long go it was banked.

Good luck!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

Bangkok

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com

Thanks a lot for your advice Steve...

so basically I should go to the immigration and integrate the documentation with my bank statement...

at the time of my application I did show only my revenue... nothing else,

a further advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks, Tex

Did you make application with your wife and did she sign the interview statement? They should have stamped a Thai Wife on your extension page. If yes I would expect you are here because you support her and will only need to apply for another extension when your present stay expires.

Thats why a WP on a NON-O is so good. When the WP is finishes, not a problem, just hand it in and pay your final tax, with a NON-B visa, you have 7 days to fix your things.

I got a 1 year extension based on the WP, but I got the Visa based on my wife

I think its why some companies want you on a NON-B not a NON-O, simply so they have more control.

You think I am happy ?

Also remember if you have a Thai child, you can also apply for a NON-O, regardless of being married, you must of course have your name of the birth certificate.