BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
iainiain101

Curfew In Chiang Mai & Situation Updates

Bangkok post article fully quoted and a link has been deleted. Bangkok Post does not allow us to quote or link their articles, only an RSS feed which does not work on a forum as it does not allow commentary.

That said, the link reported two banks had been bombed and BBC is reporting a military bus was burned by Red shirt reporters.

.....ok, this just in, smoke sighted near CM gate, believed to be red shirts burning charcoal in anticipation of grilling chicken.

Burning charcoal and the burning it causes is a far greater threat to my health then any songtaew-driving 'redshirt'

Saying that a little gai yanng, som tam and khao niaw hits the spot when I'm in the mood for a little Udon Thani

Well a friend that lives in Chiang Mai and is headed South on the bus sms'd me that burning tires are blocking the main highway South about 60 km south of Lampang. But hey, the fact that the bus managed to creep by on the verge past the burning tires must mean he is totally overreacting.

Bangkok post article fully quoted and a link has been deleted. Bangkok Post does not allow us to quote or link their articles, only an RSS feed which does not work on a forum as it does not allow commentary.

That said, the link reported two banks had been bombed and BBC is reporting a military bus was burned by Red shirt reporters.

A military bus was burned out last night on the Sangkampang Road. Mrs showed me the pictures from a Thai web site this morning.

Iain

A military bus was burned out last night on the Sangkampang Road. Mrs showed me the pictures from a Thai web site this morning.

Iain

This is what she types into Google to get to this Northern Thai chat site that had photos of the burned out bus.

ข่าวเชียใหม่

She says that the site is blocked a lot. Any of us can translate or explain why it may be blocked?

Could be worse:

nationnews More pic. A hair salon on Luangsuan was damaged ---@tukky_nt: http://bit.ly/dCyTOz

I guess its a civil war when the visa stampers get new bosses? Be easy enough to hide from trouble in Chiang Mai but for the visa runs...tick tock.. over$tay paranoia creeping in. Be very interesting to hear what the US consulate here advises if the kee hits the padlom - (although I dont believe it will up here)

Edited by whiterussian

Could be worse:

nationnews More pic. A hair salon on Luangsuan was damaged ---@tukky_nt: http://bit.ly/dCyTOz

I guess its a civil war when the visa stampers get new bosses? Be easy enough to hide from trouble in Chiang Mai but for the visa runs...tick tock.. over$tay paranoia creeping in. Be very interesting to hear what the US consulate here advises if the kee hits the padlom - (although I dont believe it will up here)

Aw don't say that I'm on the 8am to MaeSai tomorrow :)

Iain

Was this one of the pictures?

17199-2.jpg

Article here but in Thai.

As for ข่าวเชียใหม่ that was used to search, it means financial news. I did a search in Thai for "bus burn chiang mai" (without quotes) and it was on the first page.

The Chiang Mai Mail has reports of people burning tyres in Doi Saket district this afternoon.

That's interesting I live in Doi Saket and have not seen or heard of such. Please confirm.

Iain

This is what she types into Google to get to this Northern Thai chat site that had photos of the burned out bus.

ข่าวเชียใหม่

She says that the site is blocked a lot. Any of us can translate or explain why it may be blocked?

Add a missing ง and ข่าวเชียงใหม่ = Chiang Mai News

Doi Saket District is a big place.. Doesn't have to refer to the town I guess?

The Chiang Mai Mail has reports of people burning tyres in Doi Saket district this afternoon

You are correct Mr. WTK but a reputable news organization would give a location not a tung in cheek comment.

Doi Saket District is a big place.. Doesn't have to refer to the town I guess?

The Chiang Mai Mail has reports of people burning tyres in Doi Saket district this afternoon

You are correct Mr. WTK but a reputable news organization would give a location not a tung in cheek comment.

Apologies for the delay, I am not on ThaiVisa regularly. Huay Hong Krai according to the police report we received.

It was also announced at the weekly press conference at City Hall this morning that the Army and police will be setting up joint checkpoints around the city starting around 6 PM today.

The Army bus that was torched was parked at a garage for repairs when it was set it on fire.

Edited by ChiangMaiMail