Troops, Armoured Vehicles Converge On Bangkok Protest Site

webfact

Much of this could have been avoided if there had been a designated protest site - a large field with basic facilities outside downtown Bangkok. That's what the Cambodians just arranged - for future protests in their country. Granted, it's easier said than done, but if the initial protesters had been funneled to a large field somewhere, then things would not have gotten so far out of hand.

Plus, recent reports of freezing accounts of many big businesses and big shot Thais associated with Thaksin and the Reds is BIG NEWS. You can bet there are a lot of big shots close to the Shinawats, who are cussing and shouting and banging furniture against walls.

They should be announcing over loud speakers that all the red's bank accounts have been frozen and a 100,000 baht payout is not going to happen. We are now entering the most dangerous stage where all Thaksin has left is any connections he has within the army to try and overthrow the current army command.

Isn't the original place the reds set up designated as a protest site. near gov't house?

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Additional media photos of the Chulalongkorn Hospital area:

chula3.jpg

Democracy?????????? :D:D:D:)

if the reds are fighting for democracy, why have they been told to vote Phua Thai by their paymasters?

because: Thai Rak Thai :D

PM Abhisit in his TV address on 15 May 2010: ?Losses will have to be endured. It is the only way to righteousness.?

When Somchai Wongsawat?s actions as PM led to the death of two PAD protesters in October 2008, Abhisit sounded very much different (according to Matichon Weekend, 23-29 April 2010):

?Regarding the entire incident, the prime minister cannot reject being responsible for not performing his duties, or for intending that this incident would occur. But what is worse is to blame the officials, that is, to slander the people. I could not think or dream that we would have a state that does harm to the people, even including deaths and severe injuries, and still have a state that even shifts responsibility to the people. This behavior is unacceptable.

I have heard the government asking this or that person whether they were Thai or not. But regarding your [somchai Wongsawat] behavior, are you a Thai or not? Are you human or not? Today, politically, your legitimacy is gone already. We demand that the prime minister shows responsibility.? Abhisit referred to resignation or the dissolution of parliament. If Somchai remained idle, this would do harm to the country and to the political system.

?There is no democratic political system in this world in which the people are harmed by the state, but the government that came from the people does not show responsibility. ? Even if the PAD had done something wrong, the government had no right to do harm to the people.?

When the reporters asked Abhisit at that time how come that there could be such a big crisis, while the PM could still remain in office, Abhisit briefly but clearly answered:

?I cannot answer this. I have never been such a person. The normal human beings that I know are not of this kind.?

The paper concluded, ?Abhisit?s words in the past and his actions in the present are totally opposite.?

Abhisits only fault is indeciciveness and inaction in the very early stages of this lawless riot, and as for the peurile statement about people not being harmed by the state, Ulster? Greece? Spain? This is no longer a political struggle, it is alaw and order issue, which,thankfully,iis finally being addressed

The protest leaders have wanted this all along, from day 1, hence laying siege to Ratchaprasong, and now they're getting it and they're secretly hoping for as big a body bag count as possible because one way or another the Govt will not survive this in the long run.

But Abhisit has a job to do, he's not going to win the next election, so for the sake of Thailand, this needs to be done, clear them out, then talk peace, offer plenty of overtures, push for an election to silence the discontent, jail the leaders, use the opportunity to put strong law and order measures in place, and retire gracefully to Montenegro.

Let the PT govt come and clean up the fallout, spring their buddies from jail, face off against a pissed-off PAD, and get blocked at every attempt to bring Thaksin home.

If the eventual outcome is that most Thais come to their senses and realise that this government were never going to be acceptable and were a mistake and that Thaksin should be left permanently in Montenegro because of what he instigated here, then we can move forward as a country.

Gun battle at Lumpini. Filmed black shirts with assault rifles firing at troops in park. At least 5 protesters injured /v @aleithead

This is going to be good PR for the government. The black shirts won't be able to hide during the day.

it just shows how stupid these red people are

when the army, police and press from every corner of the world are looking for 'men in black'

'the men in black' wear ................................BLACK!

they might as well paint a big red target on the front of their shirts and ''shoot me'' on the back

new shirt issue for 'men in black''

post-45550-1274235608_thumb.jpg

Thaskin is definatly the cause and the financial organizer of this protest

Panic and chaos will allow him to return

But the question is

Is Thaskin the head of all of this

or just a puppet himself

There are many of my business friends who say he is but a puppet of The New World Order

and Thailand is a test site for bigger things to come

First it was your missus telling you what to say, and now your 'business friends' :)

You're right about Thaksin though. Contrary to what a lot of people might claim, he is simply a catalyst and not the root cause, which is public dissatisfaction with the system. When Thaksin goes, somone else will take his place.

Would it not be nice if the person who takes his place is intelligent and works peacefully from within the system to promote better economic balance and opportunity through education, lasting infrastructure and financial assistance? Rather than someone thrown out for massive corruption and human rights violations only to return through death, destruction, and fracturing society.

Granted Thaksin has taught Thailand a lesson they must learn, kind of like the shoe bomber.

Immigration office at Chaengwattana is finally open. I have to go asap. Is the expressway safe?

Can someone confirm if immigration office at Chaenwattana is actually open? I have to go there and no-one is answering the phones, although the line was engaged earlier. Cheers!

Much of this could have been avoided if there had been a designated protest site - a large field with basic facilities outside downtown Bangkok. That's what the Cambodians just arranged - for future protests in their country. Granted, it's easier said than done, but if the initial protesters had been funneled to a large field somewhere, then things would not have gotten so far out of hand.

Agreed, but not completely as the red shirts don't care about designated protest sites. They just protest where they want creating chaos around.

The Red Leaders won't be killed, the "hot air ballons" will escape, live off their thousands they received from Mr. T and the Red Sheep (the common protesters) will face danger.

Pfft, nonsense, sir, nonsense!...

They received millions, no thousands. :)

Immigration office at Chaengwattana is finally open. I have to go asap. Is the expressway safe?

Can someone confirm if immigration office at Chaenwattana is actually open? I have to go there and no-one is answering the phones, although the line was engaged earlier. Cheers!

The government has announced that all government departments or statutory board closed for the next three day.

Hopefully they don't let the Red Shirts 'confiscate' the tanks again! :)

On a sidenote, as much as I welcome determined action to remove this mob from the streets,

I don't understand why they don't use non-lethal weapons like water cannons, night sticks,

electrical guns etc. before coming up with tanks and live rounds, even though they are obviously

used in a very cautious and defensive way by the military.

Phone is engaged because somemany people are calling.

On a sidenote, as much as I welcome determined action to remove this mob from the streets,

I don't understand why they don't use non-lethal weapons like water cannons, night sticks,

electrical guns etc. before coming up with tanks and live rounds, even though they are obviously

That will be the difference between today and April 10. On April 10 the army were only there to make the protestors disperse. Anyone that attacks the APC's today won't be doing anything ever again.

Those who take children into this are worse than the terrorists themselves. Have they no conscience ?

How can they call themselves parents... :D:D:)

True hearts and intentions revealed! This is the real cause for the undemocratic behavior.

Some sell their votes (thus their country).(Money!)

Some permit their daughters and sons into prostitution – as long as they send: Money.

I heard some people offer Bt 200,000.- for every one who dies in the "democratic event":

thus let send our women…elderly and children….. maybe we win the jackpot!??? :D

Money – Money – Money….

there are some contributors to this forum ought to be attending the big event and the 200,000 would be the best value anyone has ever put on their miserable lives.........

Ooh Timekeeper, you not had a drink yet today?

I don't understand why they don't use non-lethal weapons like water cannons

They are. See previous photo posted.

p.s. No tanks yet at this point have been used.

Edited by KMUTT

Plus, recent reports of freezing accounts of many big businesses and big shot Thais associated with Thaksin and the Reds is BIG NEWS. You can bet there are a lot of big shots close to the Shinawats, who are cussing and shouting and banging furniture against walls.

They should be announcing over loud speakers that all the red's bank accounts have been frozen and a 100,000 baht payout is not going to happen. We are now entering the most dangerous stage where all Thaksin has left is any connections he has within the army to try and overthrow the current army command.

Isn't the original place the reds set up designated as a protest site. near gov't house?

Moving to commercial areas with high buildings is much safer for the RED to plays hide and seek.

Edited by Thaising

Other APC's are going at the barricades at a different angle and flattening them out as well dragging the material out. Methodical and effective.

apc5.jpg

apc4.jpg

The powers to be in this country are very able - - - if they chose to.... :)

Edited by RaiBerg

They tried that on April 10. 5 soldiers were kiilled by helpless, unarmed peaceful protesters

BBC showing APCs and water cannon in action.

Looks like this is the end.

Sorry for the poor dupes who thought they were protesting for democracy (which they already have).

We now know this was all about power and money.

Hats off to Abhisit!

I hope not too many people die today.

Enough is enough. The red have to go home today, hopefully in a bus, and not in a box.

Those who take children into this are worse than the terrorists themselves. Have they no conscience ?

How can they call themselves parents... :D:D:)

True hearts and intentions revealed! This is the real cause for the undemocratic behavior.

Some sell their votes (thus their country).(Money!)

Some permit their daughters and sons into prostitution – as long as they send: Money.

I heard some people offer Bt 200,000.- for every one who dies in the "democratic event":

thus let send our women…elderly and children….. maybe we win the jackpot!??? :D

Money – Money – Money….

there are some contributors to this forum ought to be attending the big event and the 200,000 would be the best value anyone has ever put on their miserable lives.........

Ooh Timekeeper, you not had a drink yet today?

thanks for the kind offer but i don't drink alcohol

my doctor said it will make me live longer

i don't know if that's true or not but it does seem longer..........

lumpini2.jpg

Armoured personnel carriers take up their positions in Lumpini Park as the Thai military begins its assault on the barricaded encampment held by anti-government "red shirt" protesters in Bangkok's shopping district May 19, 2010. Thai troops and armoured vehicles broke through barricades of tyres and staves on Wednesday.

apc6.jpg

Thai army armored vehicles break down the makeshift barricade of anti government protesters at Lumpini Park in downtown Bangkok, Thailand, Wednesday, May 19, 2010.

Thaskin is definatly the cause and the financial organizer of this protest

Panic and chaos will allow him to return

But the question is

Is Thaskin the head of all of this

or just a puppet himself

There are many of my business friends who say he is but a puppet of The New World Order

and Thailand is a test site for bigger things to come

What you said is scary....! If there is indeed a powerful group of lunatics behind the new world order that made Thailand as their test ground, I would definitely sign up for the FREEDOM ARMY against them.

Edited by bermuda

APC's, Military wearing Balaclavas, Heavy machine guns, and armed police, :)

Now theirs a recipe for disaster.

There is a way to success - finally!! God luck to the army and the government