Overstay 1 Week - Off To Ranong

Just checked my passport, and have completely confused my dates, therefore I am now the happy owner of a 1 week overstay.

As I can only get one day off work (non-im B 90 day border crossing) my only option is to go to Ranong.

As this is a new one on me can anyone tell me how they are over there, and if im in for a hard time, any problems etc etc, apart from the 200 baht a day fine.

These border crossings bother me enough when im all legit, let alone when ive made a major cock up :o

Any input would be greatly received, cheers

Don't get picked up before you do your visa run, not pleasant :o:D

You should be OK once you get to the border, pay the fine, you will probably get a stamp in your passport indicating that you've overstayed, just don't make a habit of it.

DC

You won't have any problem in Ranong. I'm not proud of it, but I've been there probably 6-7 times before on overstays ranging from 1 day to 36. (This last one was for what I felt to be legitimate reasons. Still had to pay the fine).

There's a photocopy machine outside the building to your left as you get into the compound and a seperate area for the paperwork to be filled in. You'll get the overstay stamp and a receipt for the fine.

The hardest time they ever gave me was to tell me I was stupid not coming on time as it was costing me money.

Again, I'm not advocating overstay and I havn't done it for ages now.

When you cross over to Kawthoung from Ranong, pop in and have a drink at Moby Dick. Ask for Thein Gar (Myanmar owner) or Mathias (German chap working in resort design).

Tell them Jeff sent you. By them a drink for me and say hi. :o