Bangkok: Central World Shopping Mall Destroyed By Fire

webfact

BREAKING NEWS:

Central World Destroyed in Fire

BANGKOK: -- Bangkok's largest shopping mall, the second largest in Asia, has been destroyed by fires.

Reports indicate that the fire, started by protesters shortly after their leaders' surrender, blazed on for hours.

Fire crews could not get on the scene and the department store's own fire crews were unable to stop the blaze.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2010-05-19

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

post-327-1274267786_thumb.jpg

Photo © by Thaivisa Member TallForeigner

Taken 5:45 pm

Thai capital gripped by looting and arson

Full story (AP):

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Bangkok-Grip...on-t367021.html

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Covards. Proves they are terrorist.

Used to symphatize with the red movements but all that is now gone.

I sincerely hope that all foreigners and thais take all this in consideration and do NOT vote for the reds in next election. That would be a clear signal.

I hope that the owners of this Mall sue the finacial backers of the Red Shirts for every penny they have!

Txs for the laugh dude. You have a better chance of seeing a 30 mile wide comet slam into Lumpini Park.

I hope that the owners of this Mall sue the finacial backers of the Red Shirts for every penny they have!

would be great if the red rioters build it back with backbreaking labor through blood, sweat and tears (unpaid) as community service.

It's a scandal.

I can't understand how people can be that disrespectful and I hope the majority of Thai will hit them back after they will have realized what has and maybe will happen!

Very sad indeed. These people were fighting for what??? Oh yes, democracy. The poor taking on the rich? Now look at all of the poor bastards who work in Bangkok (Centralworld and elsewhere) who will be out of jobs. It is bad enough that the reds were loosing credibility day by day, but now any ounce of creditability that they had left is long long gone.

I sincerely hope that all foreigners and thais take all this in consideration and do NOT vote for the reds in next election. That would be a clear signal.

Foreigners cannot vote. All we can do is sit back and bitch.

Edited by mizzi39

I think the reds are basically peacefull, but Abhisit always changes his mind saying I will desolve parliament and organise elections, the putting all this on hold!

How can anyone trust him?

I would get violent too

Abhisit has to resign if he wants peace back in Thailand!

Shortly after the red leaders surrendered or went on the run it went up in flames, they did say previously that Bangkok would burn and burn it is in parts, IMO this was preplanned..

Now the debate will rage on like the fires in Bangkok and some people will say it had nothing to do with the reds, whoever it was it's a sad time for Thailand at the moment.

Farangs won't be voting for the anybody at all, they have no vote.

Very sad indeed. These people were fighting for what??? Oh yes, democracy. The poor taking on the rich? Now look at all of the poor bastards who work in Bangkok (Centralworld and elsewhere) who will be out of jobs. It is bad enough that the reds were loosing credibility day by day, but now any ounce of creditability that they had left is long long gone.

Geee it's only an horrible fake naff shopping mall defacing what used to be a beautiful equivalent of venice!

Also very saddened to see this. The repercussions of this and all the other violence in Bangkok today and over the last few weeks will surely be felt for some time to come. Hopefully any security/maintenance personnel got out safely when the fire started.

What a load of BS. All these people are, are terrorists. That word is over used these days, but anyone who would kill, bomb, burn the residents and businesses of a city are clearly a threat.

After its all said and done it seems that the reds will lose the respect they had earned, and the bargaining chips they had are gone.

I think the reds are basically peacefull, but Abhisit always changes his mind saying I will desolve parliament and organise elections, the putting all this on hold!

I would get violent too

Yeah they certainly proved that today didn't they?!

Foreigners cannot vote. All we can do is sit back and bitch.

Quite a lot of foreigners do have full citizenship but what I really meant was for foreigners to dissaprove of the red movement in any way.

Do we know 100% of sure if this is to put on the account of the red or black provocators which take profit to play terrorists.

Maybe we juge more quick as the fire burn. No No, I don't accept any terrorists acts of any colour.

would be great if the red rioters build it back with backbreaking labor through blood, sweat and tears (unpaid) as community service.

No chance, the Elite Thai Chinese are gonna be toiling away for 170 Baht per day, show those Isaan boys how real men do the job. :)

I would get violent too

Now accepting nominations for stupidest post of the year. In a thread about one of the biggest physical loses in the country's history.

people see what they want to see. I agree the pm is like a flopping fish. But stating that possibly putting wanted criminals back in charge of this country is moronic. This was never about democracy. I was about putting the people in power they wanted.

Who do you think built it in the first place?!? For a couple baht a day.

I would get violent too

After taking 40 lives, people's emotion will be hard to be contained.

This is the results of playing hard ball. It will always bounce back.

I would get violent too

LOL Peaceful my ***

This is what happens when you are too soft on terrorists.

A tragedy of huge dimensions is unfolding. Damage on this scale deserves condemnation but will the blame game really help? Historically things that this do happen when an army goes in with guns blazing. That was what many of us worried about, not to mention the loss of life as opposed to loss of property. It is far too late for compromise, many on TV have been saying for days. Well things are just kicking off, and let us pray that somebody somewhere is still willing to talk rather than shoot.