Bangkok: Central World Shopping Mall Destroyed By Fire

webfact

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the reds are basically peacefull, but Abhisit always changes his mind saying I will desolve parliament and organise elections, the putting all this on hold!

How can anyone trust him?

I would get violent too

Abhisit has to resign if he wants peace back in Thailand!

After taking 40 lives, people's emotion will be hard to be contained.

This is the results of playing hard ball. It will always bounce back.

No, this is the result of playing softball. Hopefully we will see some hardball now that there is no question that we are dealing with terrorists.

I think the reds are basically peacefull

Sorry dude, but all the TV reports, pictures and basically everyone who isn't a red shirt support says otherwise. Please tell me you're just being sarcastic. There are buildings burning throughout the city and you're saying these people are "basically peaceful". Get a clue.

I think the reds are basically peacefull, but Abhisit always changes his mind saying I will desolve parliament and organise elections, the putting all this on hold!

I would get violent too

Christ... here we go again...

It was the Red Tshits that were forever changing their minds. Are you really that stupid?

Go burn a tire. Perhaps you'll feel better.

I would get violent too

Do you pay attention to what is going on? Abhisit only decided to put the elections on hold after the Reds kept changing what they wanted to stop protesting to which Abhisit kept meeting their demands. You cant honor your word if the other side doesn't honor their's.

I would get violent too

Are you on Mars?

:)

I would get violent too

There you go!! Well said!!

Disagree with the Govt, get angry, go and burn down a shopping mall!! Yep seems reasonable to me!!!

If I was a retard!!

The "Central World Plaza" that in now on fire, used to be called "World Trade Center", until 2003 during or before a visit by Geo W Bush it changed it's name so as not to offend President Bush. If I remember rightly Bush was staying in the hotel opposite "Central World Plaza" near the Erawan monument.

I am sure that those behind this preplanned city-wide arson

are not concerned about the short-arm of the law.

They perhaps should be concerned about crossing Thai-Chinese business interests.

A list from Wednesday's SITREP

Details of Fires in Bangkok as Red-shirt Renegades Lashed out

A number of fires and chaotic incidents broke out in Bangkok after the red-shirt core leaders have called off the red-shirt protest earlier today. The firefighting department has been able to put the fire under control at some areas but others remain unreachable and unsafe for firemen to entire. These areas include;

1. Siam Square and Paragon: firefighters are unable to enter the area, red-shirt protesters are armed and are shooting at will

2. Centara Grand: fire has been put out

3. Stock Exchange of Thailand office: firemen unable to enter the area

4. Mahachon Plaza (entrance of Wireless Rd-Ploenchit Rd): firemen also unable to approach the area

5. Krung Thai and Bangkok Bank (Asoke Branch)

6. Narcotics Control Board

7. Bangkok Bank (Din Daeng): fire under control

8. Maleenont Building: firemen unable to enter the area

9. Bangkok Bank and Lotus Rama 4: firemen unable to get in

10. EGAT Klongtoey: fire under control

11. Central World: currently being put out by firefighters

12. Bangkok Bank (Victory Monument)

I would get violent too

Yeah they certainly proved that today didn't they?!

Just another naive newbie who engaged his fingers while sitting on his brain. :)

Covards. Proves they are terrorist.

Used to symphatize with the red movements but all that is now gone.

I sincerely hope that all foreigners and thais take all this in consideration and do NOT vote for the reds in next election. That would be a clear signal.

Farangs won't be voting for the anybody at all, they have no vote.

the only way out of this mess is proper elections, Abhisit was put in place by the army. after all of this i doubt if Tahksin will get back in, this mess has back fired on him. ufortunately in a society were corruption is commonplace and accepted there can be no real democracy. So I dont see the problems going away in our lifetime, unless someone realy wants to change things. The real sad point is the country we all love is imploding, once the troubles stop will the tourists come back? if not what happens to the hard working law abiding people of Thailand who will be the ones most hurt by this madness.

I would get violent too

Are you on medication, or what?

What a load of BS. All these people are, are terrorists. That word is over used these days, but anyone who would kill, bomb, burn the residents and businesses of a city are clearly a threat.

After its all said and done it seems that the reds will lose the respect they had earned, and the bargaining chips they had are gone.

Nope, they are freedom fighters going to extraordinary lengths to achieve the outcome most of us take for granted.

Is the French Revolution regarded as acts of terrorism? Did anyone call the Greece rioters terrorists? And you haven't seen the last of Europe in flames either, guaranteed.

And it really is none of our f**king business...

Its all just mindless. It brings home some truths though and after 15 years in Bangkok I am seriously considering my own alternatives. They have now burnt Bangkok twice, I don't want to be around for the third attempt. The silence of the general populace is as worrying as these mindless rent an arsonists.

There are many stories behind this matter. The riot is just the tiny peak of the iceburg.

BOTH SIDES use people and government as their tools to play the power game. Sad to innocent people that they really fight with their real hearts but forced to be terrorists. Bad luck to the government that you are fallen into the situation exactly and become bloodshed tyrant by chance.

I do not support the violence at all, both the government that kill many barehand people and the poeple who are in the riot. In opposite I am afraid that the stock price of Central, which I am a stock holder in Stock Market, will be fallen sharply.

But since I know the things 'behind the scence', sad to Thailand my homeland that its development has still be hindered becuase power game of cold blood rulers.

I hope that the owners of this Mall sue the finacial backers of the Red Shirts for every penny they have!

would be great if the red rioters build it back with backbreaking labor through blood, sweat and tears (unpaid) as community service.

Who do you think built it in the first place?!? For a couple baht a day.

Touche.

Its all just mindless. It brings home some truths though and after 15 years in Bangkok I am seriously considering my own alternatives. They have now burnt Bangkok twice, I don't want to be around for the third attempt. The silence of the general populace is as worrying as these mindless rent an arsonists.

Hopefully I will be out of here within 3-4 months from now. Have planned this for the last 2 years now. I do hope I'll manage to get myself and my personal belongings safely out of here before red-shirts and other idiots completely destroy this country.

I hope that the owners of this Mall sue the finacial backers of the Red Shirts for every penny they have!

The ultimate losers are the Red Shirt themselves. May people from Issan are working in these establishments, as an employer, I will think twice before hiring anyone from Issan, especially the ones support the Red Shirts

Come on - you didn't need to be a phophet to know what was going to happen. It could have been avoided if the government had moved at the very beginning - they DIDN'T - it would have been avoided if the Police and army acted earlier and decisively - THEY DIDN'T. I wonder why - maybe they feel a bit guilty about how they came to power (banning a polititian for apearing on a cooking programme, removing Members of Parliament because of a Court ruling which was rather one sided) - maybe they couldn't act quickly because they had totally failed to do anything about the Yellow folk occupying the airports and doing damage equivalent, in economic terms, to 10 Central Worlds. The Government and the cabinest and the officials have handled this badly - they should resign and call fresh elections - OOPPs maybe that is what they should have done at the beginning to make them legitimate - maybe having the guy who ran the Yellow protest movement in charge of Security wasn't a very good idea. Maybe assasinating a rebel general with a sniper shot in the head was something that made folk just a little p'ed off.

If the current Government stays on after this it will have no authority - if the current military planners and commanders stay on after this they will have no respect - If there is not a major change in how Thailand is run after this - the country it will have no regional respect and if these required changes aren't public and universally acceptable to all the population - Thailand ain't going to recover from the damage this has done to the country's image. 24 - 7 on BBC and CNN. People are asking why is there so much anger in the Land of Smiles. Ask yourself

I would get violent too

Tinom...you are either completely uninformed...or a troll..on a misinformation mission... Abhisit doesn't have to call new elections or dissolve parliament, because a violent mob says so. That is not Democracy. You are either a fool..or brainwashed by the Red Shirts misinformation campaign, paid for by Thaksin. Very simple....The Reds have one purpose....put Thaksin back in power. Its nothing to do with democracy or peaceful assembly and freedom of speech. This Red shirt movement has been about power, violence and forceful overthrow of the current duly elected government. We had a free and fair election almost two years after the coup. Thaksin's party Puea Thai couldn't get a majority, and then couldn't hold its coaltion government together. FACT: A majority of parliamentarians, duly voted into office by free and fair elections in 2007, by an election of the people of Thailand voted Abhisit into office as Prime Minister. Thaksin and his party lost the last election and couldn't hold a coalition together...so the opposing members joined together, forming a majority, and voted in Abhisit. This is how it is done in England, as we just saw. What if the Labor Party, stormed 10 Downing Street and took over central London, demanding a new election...then killed police officers and army sent in to control the vandalism and growing violence. What if every time the London special forces tried to break up the unruly and illegal taking of public and private property...they came under grenade, rife and gun shot from within the protesting Labor Party

Don't anyone say this is part of Democracy. Thaksin and the Puea Thai Party were voted out of power by the people of Thailand. And Thaksin doesn't like it...and will pay anyone to help him get back into power. But the Thais voted him OUT fair and square.