Curfew In Chiang Rai

dindong

Curfew in Chiang Rai and other provinces.

Added today at 18:00: Kalasin and Mukdaharn (from The Nation)

Added 16th May: Ratchathani, Mahasarakham, Roi Et, Sakon Nakhon, Nong Bua Lampu (from Xinhua)

Added 13 May: Chonburi, Samut Prakan, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Ayutthaya, Khon Kaen, Udon Thani, Chaiyaphum, Nakhon Ratchasima, Si Sa Ket, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Nan, Lampang, Nakhon Sawan, Col Sansern said. (from Bangkok Post)

Be careful out there.

Always thought Chiang Rai was about the safest place in the world. Now ??????

So far I haven't seen any reports of actual violence here, has anyone?

Thinking about it, probably less danger from the Red Shirts than riding my Honda Wave into the city every day.

However, my yellow and red shirts will stay in the wardrobe for a while.

You may be on to something there, Lannaman. I'm pretty sure Honda has killed more people over this period than the bullets have. Always find it interesting to observe what people fixate on in their daily lives.

I'm fixated on this beautiful morning with its light breeze, high cloud cover and clear beautiful views. :)

You may be on to something there, Lannaman. I'm pretty sure Honda has killed more people over this period than the bullets have. Always find it interesting to observe what people fixate on in their daily lives.

I'm fixated on this beautiful morning with its light breeze, high cloud cover and clear beautiful views. :D

Who's Fixating VF!?. :):D

your quote could just as easily have been spoken by a Ugandan Asian just before Idi Amin kicked them out or someone in the Last days of Empire in Singapore or before pearl Harbour though :D

Its certainly a prelude to a Calm before the Storm .

Then again , it could just Rain.

Watch out for that Mitsubishi Zero VF :D

I

Thinking about it, probably less danger from the Red Shirts than riding my Honda Wave into the city every day.

I don't think I'll be wearing any Ducati shirts for awhile myself :)

I'm travelling to Chiang Rai tomorrow (21st) how will the curfew affect me?

I believe the curfew is from 9pm to 5am so if you arrive here 5am to 9pm there is no problem. Chiang Rai seems to be free of madness so far, so let's hope it stays that way.

I'm never in town at night so I'm only guessing but your evening might be spent in the accommodation of your choice and not out bar hopping after 9pm. If you do find yourself traveling after curfew I would suspect there would be some roadblocks where they might ask for your passport and ask where you are going.

Just get up early in the morning and enjoy some of the sights before it gets too hot and go to bed early like the locals.

Just been to BigC to collect my daughter's friend from work at 7pm. arrived 6.10 hoping to enjoy a beer in the cool. Well closed at 6pm barricades barring the entrance, manned by friendly security guards. Then on to Tesco Express, closed too! but as I'm a regular they sheepishly let me in to acquire a cold Chang, bless 'em.

post-42984-1274356483_thumb.jpg

Just been to BigC to collect my daughter's friend from work at 7pm. arrived 6.10 hoping to enjoy a beer in the cool. Well closed at 6pm barricades barring the entrance, manned by friendly security guards. Then on to Tesco Express, closed too! but as I'm a regular they sheepishly let me in to acquire a cold Chang, bless 'em.

Thank you for shopping, what shopping?!!! I pointed this out to them and they were very amused.

I'm considering a run to Mae Sai in the next couple of days.

Any excitement between here and the border?

Shouldn't have thought so.

A friends going up tomorrow for a 90 day report. I'll check with him for you.

I was thinking of you Scea, Yesterday. I saw a truckload of 'Som O'. Must be back in season ;-)

Why didn't you stop them and hijack it?

I got one at Macro yesterday, 43 B.

Is that expensive ? I don't know. never bought one. I guess so though .

No need to Hijack it. It was at the 'local' collection center for want of a better description.

There'll be more, Lots more, I'll ask them where they take them and how much next week.

I arrived on the 19th, flight landed at 21:50 (ish) bangkok was a bit mental, few bangs and screaming people on the way to the airport but I thought they were just upset that I was leaving :)

Didn't realise there was a curfew till I got into town and there was no night market.

Things are closed but people are still about, all fairly relaxed, there were police at the airport but they didn't ask me anything, picked up the hire car and drove out, you should be fine. There were taxis there too i think :D

I'm considering a run to Mae Sai in the next couple of days.

Any excitement between here and the border?

Shouldn't have thought so.

A friends going up tomorrow for a 90 day report. I'll check with him for you.

I was thinking of you Scea, Yesterday. I saw a truckload of 'Som O'. Must be back in season ;-)

Sorry for the ignorence but wahat is a 'Som O'.

What is it similar to ??

Som-O --- Heineken WHAT IS THIS TO DO WITH the CURFEW - 6.15 I'm off to but another Chang while I can, that's bring us back on curfew topic.

Did we drift again Lannaman . Curfew and Som O , I guess we did. :)

I don't think I'll be wearing any Ducati shirts for awhile myself :D

and my favorite Coke T will have to wait too :)

I don't think I'll be wearing any Ducati shirts for awhile myself :D

and my favorite Coke T will have to wait too :)

Come to think of it, should I even ride my very red Ducati :D <deleted> am I laughing for!? :D