Briton In Red Shirt Demonstration Regrets Video Arson Gibe

george

You should not let your mouth write checks you ass cant cash. Maybe a few years in a Thai jail would give him a new look on life

You don't have a problem with a foreigner broadly announcing to commit arson and looting in a foreign country?

Get him in jail.

He said he was going to commit a crime, so it might be a public order offence without evidence of the 'intended' crime being committed.

My view is that he added discredit to the red cause.

I think a crime is a crime whether in another country or at home.

I think some might like him to be jailed for having tattoos and living in Pattaya?

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless he is guilty of criminal acts, let it go.

Personally I have no problem with farangs being politically involved.

Under British law

A threat of violence against another person is deamed to be assult

The British government should arrest this man and send he back to Britian to face charges

Its people like this weed that will get all Farang a bad name in Thailand

already I am hearing Thais talk of why this is all Farang fault

Do not support this jerk, as a vote for his innocense is anoth knife in the back of good farang

Lets Thai people know we do not condone his behaviour and he must be punished same as Thai man

The last thing I want is a new wave of

Double Standards one for Thai man one for Farang

TV members you know have a chance to prove to Thai people we want a better Thailand

get rid of Scum

Not all Brits are the same, and not all of those in Pattaya are the same as this Knob.

I think a few Thais, who have lost their jobs would love to see him, also what about those foreigners on here who have

also lost their businesses and money cause Central World was burnt down.

If you go on the news and say "hey tomorrow this guy is gonna get shot" and it happens then you are a suspect. This

guy said it was gonna be burnt down, he knew it, many others did to, and it did burn down, where was he? Can anyone

say he was not there, or prove he was.

He should be investigated by the Law, and also he did join the protest, when Foreigners were specifically informed not

to.

I hope all the Thais who think all Farangs are rich, cause some have money, will not start thinking "if one farang knew

about it, did any others".

I hope the immigration police have been alerted at all airports in Thailand to nab this guy when he tries to flee the country.

Hopefully he will have a room at the Bangkok Hilton a few years. This should cool down his temper a tad.

Did you notice the said the burning and violence by the red idiots was justified? What a loon.

I can't believe you are all getting your knickers in a twist over one person, who didnt actually do anything. It's not as if there aren't enough Thai idiots causing people distress on a daily basis.

Get over it.

Under British law

The British government should arrest this man and send he back to Britian to face charges

Do not support this jerk, as a vote for his innocense is anoth knife in the back of good farang

Lets Thai people know we do not condone his behaviour and he must be punished same as Thai man

TV members you know have a chance to prove to Thai people we want a better Thailand

get rid of Scum

Did he threaten another person?

I thought his stated intention was to loot the place and join in burning it down.

If he knew the crime was going to take place he should have informed the authorities.

I am sure it is against the law not to inform people of a crime that will take place, but you never know

it could have been his Red mates being jolly after a few too many Chang beers.

I dont buy it.

The burning of bangkok was planned way ahead of time. It has nothing to do with reds being angry after the army invaded. It was a well planned and well executed attack.

This guy knew about it in advance, as did many of the reds (I would guess). He should be arrested and a statement taken to find out how he knew, what the rumours where, who he associated with there etc. etc.

He should be arrested, interrogated, imprisoned and then deported.

I can't believe you are all getting your knickers in a twist over one person, who didnt actually do anything. It's not as if there aren't enough Thai idiots causing people distress on a daily basis.

Get over it.

This guy is a major suspect in arson

Thousands of people are out of work because of this threat

when investigating any crime it only needs to find on suspect and from there when they squeal the whole game is up

you say he did nothing

He made a threat to do arson

Under British law this is a crime

More stress, My thai wife feel good he is now on the wanted list, he want to be hero with Thai man

Now he is hunted same as Thai man

Live by the sword die by the sword

Intention regarding English law (not Thailand, but probably the same).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intention_in_English_law

The definition of intention provides that someone “intends” a result when:

...he wants it to exist or occur, is aware that it exists or is almost certain that it exists or will exist or occur.

Trial by Jury in the UK.

Edited by beano2274

Forgive me if i'm wrong, but didn't the government explicitly forbid foreigners from participating in a political rally quite recently with the punishment being deportation? That goes for publicly being involved either way i think?

This guy is complete and total d1ckhead. Driving to Bangkok and strutting round in black shirt regalia, carying weapons (a ruddy great stick) and making threats to loot & burn shops isn't a moment of 'scarasm': its incitement to riot.

No-one needs this idiot stiring-up violence, particularly during the present troubles. Arrest, deport or jail this fool, but please get him & his amped-up "sacarsm" off the streets.

He is the same guy interviewed by Alastaire Leithead of BBC early last week while in the crowd...... said something sarcastically about Thailand not being the land of smiles......he seemed pumped with steriods or some sort of drug at that time too.....whats annoying is how he cunningly says he will be disappointed to go to jail.......well he should have a visit at the Bangkok Hilton for poking his nose in internal affairs and then be unceremoniously shipped back to the UK.

But it was him in the other photo on the BTS stairs too so how does he explain that?

He should be punished just like others but he knew that if he took part what the consequences would be for foreigners and should expect nothing less that what was stated prior to the demonstrations.

?????????????????

Does someone have that photo we can see?

This dude needs to be exported to England. He can play terrorist there with the _ _ _ _ _ _ _.

post-45550-1274409622_thumb.jpg

Under British law

get rid of Scum

Did he threaten another person?

I thought his stated intention was to loot the place and join in burning it down.

A threat to commit an act they could cause serious bodily harm to another person is a crime

A threat to commit an act to create destruction to property is a crime

He is lucky no one died because of the fire

He could then be charge with Negligent Homicide

You amaze me you want to stick up for this scum

"I hold my hands up — it was me, and I'm ashamed that I lost my temper," he told The Times by telephone from his home in the Thai resort town of Pattaya. "I was tired and emotional and full of steroids. I said we're going to burn down Central — I was being sarcastic."

A Brit, tattoos, steroids, empty threats, throws tantrums, home in Sisaket and lives in Pattaya. I get the picture.

Please do not generalize (neither Brits nor Pattaya), although one is tempted to do so, in reading his story.

don't need to, the reputation precedes it, a reputation it has earned and deserves.

The video has been reposted here:

From Thai people I have spoken with, this bloke might be safer in the hands of the police just now. His threat was a grave affront to many people, and if he's found, he could well be looking at an angry lynch mob. Everyone in Thailand with an internet connection has seen the vid and all the pics that have been posted in loads of Thai forums. He's probably now one of the best known farang faces in Thailand now.

I watched the clip last night. Dressed in black and with some black guard clothing. Running around the protest site with a bamboo spear.

The guy is an idiot and reminded me of a football thug!

What Thailand does not need now are farangs, especially twots like this guy, inciting violence, looting and arson.

To bad the army didn't get hold of him!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a brit, I live & work in Pattaya. I am ashamed.

If I see this guy anywhere in Pattaya I will call the cops myself.

There are lots of scumbags here, yes, but please I urge you all not to think that we are ALL the same here, it's simply not the case.

Let's hope that this scumbag gets what's comng to him, Im sure that it won't be pleasant.

I agree that we shouldn't be so quick to condemn all Brits or all expats living in Pattaya for that matter. I'm sure there are many that are decent people just working there and behaving themselves. This one however I think wanted to live out his very own Braveheart, a 48 year old on steroids?? walking around in black with a big stick - grow up already!

Perhaps he REALLY does love being in SE Asia, inspite of his words. Perhaps deportation to Myanmar might be in order, along with the strong suggestion he do the same there. Would be the last anyone would hear from (the idiot) him.

IMHO

Not all Brits are the same, and not all of those in Pattaya are the same as this Knob.

I think a few Thais, who have lost their jobs would love to see him, also what about those foreigners on here who have

also lost their businesses and money cause Central World was burnt down.

If you go on the news and say "hey tomorrow this guy is gonna get shot" and it happens then you are a suspect. This

guy said it was gonna be burnt down, he knew it, many others did to, and it did burn down, where was he? Can anyone

say he was not there, or prove he was.

He should be investigated by the Law, and also he did join the protest, when Foreigners were specifically informed not

to.

I hope all the Thais who think all Farangs are rich, cause some have money, will not start thinking "if one farang knew

about it, did any others".

rest your case, not all foreigners in pattaya's tourist area are bad. the other 2% are good right? thats like saying, not all girls who work in the bars are bar girls.

I want to see this video but its been removed :)

It was re-uploaded...

Maybe they could charge him with conspiracy or something if he knew in advance that fuel bombs were being placed and such or if he were some sort of agent provocateur. He should not be let off lightly; it's disgusting to see outsiders fanning the flames that divide local people.

"I was being sarcastic" Doesnt sound like sarcasm to me.

Agreed, nothing sarcastic about what he said. If the reds had achieved their ultimate goal, he would be spouting off to everyone about how he played a part in it. Now that the protest ended with a whimper, it's not good enough to simply try and brush off what was a clear, serious threat by someone associated with a violent mob. Especially a group of mindless thugs who carried out such threats to such a degree.

I too am English and like many on this thread, ashamed of this idiots actions. I have had a business here for six years, paid all due taxes and fees and have been a contant employer of the locals. At least I can sleep soundly knowing that I am putting something back into the country I love - this fool doesn't belong here. We can't vote here so we have no right getting involved in political uprising, even if the missus is from Isaan!