Briton In Red Shirt Demonstration Regrets Video Arson Gibe

george

The video has been reposted here:

From Thai people I have spoken with, this bloke might be safer in the hands of the police just now. His threat was a grave affront to many people, and if he's found, he could well be looking at an angry lynch mob. Everyone in Thailand with an internet connection has seen the vid and all the pics that have been posted in loads of Thai forums. He's probably now one of the best known farang faces in Thailand now.

The Thais I work with think "there is something wrong in his brain" I have to agree! Anyone know him? I would be surprised if he wasn't a member on TV I think I have read a few of his posts :)

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The text of the video.. Please look at it... link above

UK Tourist Threatens To Burn Down Bangkok's Central World, May 2010. FULL TRANSCRIPT : Man : 'We're gonna smash the ***** Central Plaza to ****. 'We're gonna steal everything out of it and burn the ***** down. Trust me, get pictures of that ****. ... [Caution: Coarse Language + Englishman on Holiday PG15]. Please do not abuse foreigners - as foreigners are just as angry as Thais at this. Calling this dope a f*cking idiot, will suffice it. Please, don't refer to him as a f*cking idiot farang! After all, I posted this video and I am a foreigner [farang]. I personally spent a considerable amount of time capturing close-up images and sending his pics to all the major newspapers in the UK. Hopefully he will be as popular as Gary Glitter at home and abroad. If you visit expat forums such as 'ThaiVisa', you will see that the 'farang' is ready to lynch the pig. God bless Thailand. Peace!

lock him up for 10 years we dont want him back in UK d**k H*ad. actions and consequences. unfurtunatly our dregs end up here, meet the expats around mapachan lake and they are the real British people not this scum. no suprise he is from down south.

Edited by NALAK

I want to see this video but its been removed :)

It was re-uploaded...

Maybe they could charge him with conspiracy or something if he knew in advance that fuel bombs were being placed and such or if he were some sort of agent provocateur. He should not be let off lightly; it's disgusting to see outsiders fanning the flames that divide local people.

and in another brilliant move he suggest who could be responsible for it so I don't think the red shirt guards are to ohappy with him either eh? just doesn't know when to keep his fat mouth shut I guess.

Yep, it looked like he noted the guy with the cam filming in his direction, then stopped and threw the stick to 'generate some action' for the cam.

Everything else around him seemed very calm.

His overall performance in this short film looked pretty staged, probably won't qualify him for an oscar nomination :)

Edited by ramirez

He was well aware that Central was being targeted for arson attack and still participated in the protest even though he knew he was their illegally , he the admits to going and watching channel 3 be set alight which had people still inside , he did nothing except probably celebrate.

The Thai authorities wont be easy on this guy and why should they . More will come out on his involvement with the reds for sure.

Monkey house for you mate you deserve it.

Before long pattaya will start to get a bad name with these pommy bald headed ,tattoed , steroid driven jerks :):D

Edited by saintofsilence

Unless he is guilty of criminal acts, let it go.

Personally I have no problem with farangs being politically involved.

I do have a problem with this <deleted>!!!! We are GUESTS here, we do not misbehave in someone elses' country OR affairs. You don't like here Leave! "Don't Add Fuel To The Fire". Send his butt to prison, HE IS NOT ABOVE THE LAW, HE NEEDS TO PAY UP!

Who is to say he isn't guilty? He says that he wasn't involved in the arson but knows who was. If he does not come forward with that information, he is at least guilty of interferring with a police investigation.

Except when it is against the law. Any country in the world has laws against foreigners becoming involved in government protests.

The guy might get lucky and be ignored by the Thai authorities who certainly have bigger fish to fry. But if it goes the other way, here's one person who won't be losing any sleep over it.

Under British law

A threat of violence against another person is deamed to be assult

The British government should arrest this man and send he back to Britian to face charges

Its people like this weed that will get all Farang a bad name in Thailand

already I am hearing Thais talk of why this is all Farang fault

Do not support this jerk, as a vote for his innocense is anoth knife in the back of good farang

Lets Thai people know we do not condone his behaviour and he must be punished same as Thai man

The last thing I want is a new wave of

Double Standards one for Thai man one for Farang

TV members you know have a chance to prove to Thai people we want a better Thailand

get rid of Scum

Did he threaten another person?

I thought his stated intention was to loot the place and join in burning it down.

A threat to commit an act they could cause serious bodily harm to another person is a crime

A threat to commit an act to create destruction to property is a crime

He is lucky no one died because of the fire

He could then be charge with Negligent Homicide

You amaze me you want to stick up for this scum

I don't want to stick up for him.

You know my general position.

If his threats are a public order offence, then yes prosecute, but if he (and other locals suspected of setting fire to a building and/or looting) cannot be put at the scene of the crime, then there is a limit one suspects to penalties that can be applied if found guilty of the first offence.

I am more interested in individuals such as Arisman who clearly incited others to commit an offence.

The big fish.

(I think I will be quiet now)

Edited by yoshiwara

I don't expect he will be in the country for long. Hopefully, he'll spend a few days in jail before he goes.

Hopefully he will spend a lot more than a few days in jail. He has no business mouthing off threats in a country in which he is a visitor. He no doubt is trying to slink off into the shadows & try to make an escape. Lets hope that he is not allowed to get away with the deliberate incitement of arson & violence and is made to pay as big a price as the core leaders will have to do. Or will the BBC mount a campaign to save this poor, simple man who loves his mother and was just swept up by the emotion of the moment?

I am a brit, I live & work in Pattaya. I am ashamed.

If I see this guy anywhere in Pattaya I will call the cops myself.

There are lots of scumbags here, yes, but please I urge you all not to think that we are ALL the same here, it's simply not the case.

Let's hope that this scumbag gets what's comng to him, Im sure that it won't be pleasant.

You might have to check if he's on Howard's books first...

This guy is a <deleted>> wit ,I cant believe what a Moron he is . I bet he is shitting himself now , proably the most unpopular farang in Thailand .

He he gets all that is coming to him

I don't want to stick up for him.

You know my general position.

If his threats are a public order offence, then yes prosecute, but if he (and other locals suspected of setting fire to a building and/or looting) cannot be put at the scene of the crime, then there is a limit one suspects to penalties that can be applied if found guilty of the first offence.

I am more interested in individuals such as Arisman who clearly incited others to commit an offence.

The big fish.

he might get some thai justice from the man off the street if the laww doesnt catch him first

but agree, the big fish are the ones that need to be dealt with in the highest order

ohhh, a couple of years "spooning" in Klong Prem prison (aka Bangkok Hilton) will cure him - than deportation to the UK and being black listed here so he can never return

The UK government should consider if such an embarrassment to the country should not have his passport removed for live - keep hm in the UK

"I hold my hands up — it was me, and I'm ashamed that I lost my temper," he told The Times by telephone from his home in the Thai resort town of Pattaya. "I was tired and emotional and full of steroids. I said we're going to burn down Central — I was being sarcastic."

A Brit, tattoos, steroids, empty threats, throws tantrums, home in Sisaket and lives in Pattaya. I get the picture.

I saw the video. My description would have been 'madly gleeful'.

Didn't see much anger, more excitment. Ship him out,

after a nice solid week in LOCAL jails.

What a IDIOT , typical english houligan , past colonial behaving, arrogance and stupidity put him in thai jail for a long time ,then send him back to that his bankrup country .

I am ashamed, as a farang, that there are people like that a***ole are here..........not that they damage their own reputation, but that of all the other expats living here.

I hope they put him away for a while to give him some 'thinking time'....BKK Hilton would be nice for starters.....

the only difference between his red shirt type hate threatening violence, we hate them rant

and some of the kill them all, send back to the rice fields, they got no rights etc etc we hate them, strong violent force is the only answer, type hate violence rants on this forum by posters,

is he did it at the former red shirt site in front of a video camera, knowing probaly it will end up on you tube for the whole world to see him and could come back on him like it has,,

but ppl on here do from the comfort of their armchair, behind their pc screen,,,where their invisable to everyone, so can shout their mouth off and scream and insult without no fear that it will come back on them apart from getting suspended or banned from the forum but can always come back under a different alias and carrty on where they left off,,their probaly the ones who wouldnt say boo to a goose in the real world

so i know which one has more bulls!

I don't think you'll find a nation anywhere on the planet that allows foreign visitors to participate in political activities. It's a visa violation.

How would you feel, for example, if a foreign country was funneling large campaign contributions to a particular candidate in your home country?

Edited by misterjag

Is he an idiot? YES

Is he fighting his war? NO

Should he been taken in custody? YES

Are all English people like this? NO

Do pattaya attrackt scum? YES

Are all people who live in Pattaya scum? NO

Do we need to make his trial? NO

Do we need(want) foreigners like this in Thailand? NO

I think we all agree on this and there is no need to throw him out of airplanes or let him rotten in 'THE HILTON"Let justice do his job thats how its done in a democratic country.

People please dont generalise Brittish people and Pattaya with this guy....Pattaya is indeed the home of some big criminals from all over the world who are searched for but this not mean that every expat there is a criminal!

I hope he get a fair trial if the Thai authority take him in and not get injured or killed by an angry mob of Thais or fallangs.

In no way i take his side its just a reaction on some posters who go abit to far.

And NO i am not even from the U.k but i am sure you can see this on my grammar and spelling

Peace to the country we living in and love...

Edited by zigistar

"I hold my hands up — it was me, and I'm ashamed that I lost my temper," he told The Times by telephone from his home in the Thai resort town of Pattaya. "I was tired and emotional and full of steroids. I said we're going to burn down Central — I was being sarcastic."

A Brit, tattoos, steroids, empty threats, throws tantrums, home in Sisaket and lives in Pattaya. I get the picture.

I saw the video. My description would have been 'madly gleeful'.

Didn't see much anger, more excitment. Ship him out,

after a nice solid week in LOCAL jails.

he said he wanted to steal all of the gold watches. he was on the verge of salivating like a dog! Retarded to do that on camera. then admitting to doing drugs! I guess there is more smack, sleaze and crime for him in pattaya is the only reasn he hasn't left

I don't think you'll find a nation anywhere on the planet that allows foreign visitors to participate in political activities. It's a visa violation.

Someone better tell Amnesty International and Greenpeace :)