3g In Pattaya

innerspace

No more unlimited access for you. Only 3GB and then a slowdown to 256kbps.

Not sure where you're coming from with this mate. I got unlimited coverage without a problem and it's working great in town. As 'Moo9' says though, poor to non-existent outside town, even as close as Jomtien. :blink:

Old tariffs were unlimited. New tariffs are as I have described.

there is no 3G service in Pattaya. none. not AIS, not DTAC, not Hutch, not Tukcom, not Centan Fetiban.

yet.

Wrong! I am on 3G with my iPhone-4, 3.2.1 typing this. Truemove started this here in Pattaya and they give you post-paid number and unlimited internet for 599 even without a work permit etc. Just need your passport.

Anyways the coverage is very limited right now to the very down town areas like; tuk I'm south pattaya rs, Carrefour area on pattaya central rd and Tesco on Pattaya north rd. The speed seems ok for now but outside these areas your network switches to EDGE and is still better and faster than I had with AIS.

The customer service still sucks and it tool me a week of complete hastle where people could not call my number etc etc and whenever you called the Tech line 1331 you could not talk to a real person, just a recording that said to many callers on line now due to the large volume of complaints during the interruption to our service right now.

Everything seems to be sorted now just took awhile but they came very close to me handing back my sim and going back to AIS.

True was awarded the main contract for the new 3G service in Thailand so I'm sure they will be the first out there followed by D-tac, AIS, Orange etc. Although Chiangmai Mai has had great 3G for a few years now.

there is no 3G service in Pattaya. none. not AIS, not DTAC, not Hutch, not Tukcom, not Centan Fetiban.

yet.

Wrong! I am on 3G with my iPhone-4, 3.2.1 typing this. Truemove started this here in Pattaya and they give you post-paid number and unlimited internet for 599 even without a work permit etc. Just need your passport.

Anyways the coverage is very limited right now to the very down town areas like; tuk I'm south pattaya rs, Carrefour area on pattaya central rd and Tesco on Pattaya north rd. The speed seems ok for now but outside these areas your network switches to EDGE and is still better and faster than I had with AIS.

The customer service still sucks and it tool me a week of complete hastle where people could not call my number etc etc and whenever you called the Tech line 1331 you could not talk to a real person, just a recording that said to many callers on line now due to the large volume of complaints during the interruption to our service right now.

Everything seems to be sorted now just took awhile but they came very close to me handing back my sim and going back to AIS.

True was awarded the main contract for the new 3G service in Thailand so I'm sure they will be the first out there followed by D-tac, AIS, Orange etc. Although Chiangmai Mai has had great 3G for a few years now.

Perhaps you should look into this....there is also no Orange in Thailand.

True 3G at the moment is not all that good in Pattaya.

Currently getting GPRS speeds while connected on 3G (50 to 100 kbps), and when I switch to True EDGE, I'm getting less then Dial up speeds (30 kbps).

At the moment actually using AIS (One2Call) EDGE, as it's faster then True 3G!

Nothing wrong with reception/location, as in the middle of the night/very early morning, it speeds up to over 2 mbps with exactly the same signal strength.

2 days ago absolutely no connection (both 3G and edge), always got "the remote computer ended the connection" when trying to log on...

Having the 699B/month (3GB download limit).

About time some competition comes around!

True 3G at the moment is not all that good in Pattaya.

Currently getting GPRS speeds while connected on 3G (50 to 100 kbps), and when I switch to True EDGE, I'm getting less then Dial up speeds (30 kbps).

At the moment actually using AIS (One2Call) EDGE, as it's faster then True 3G!

Nothing wrong with reception/location, as in the middle of the night/very early morning, it speeds up to over 2 mbps with exactly the same signal strength.

2 days ago absolutely no connection (both 3G and edge), always got "the remote computer ended the connection" when trying to log on...

Having the 699B/month (3GB download limit).

About time some competition comes around!

Perhaps people need to write in/complain to TRUE more often. Perhaps they would try to improve things if they knew... or perhaps not.

Have you tried calling them?

Perhaps people need to write in/complain to TRUE more often. Perhaps they would try to improve things if they knew... or perhaps not.

5555 Have you ever met a Thai who gives a dam_n ? 5555

They just hang up on you when they realize how angry &

frustrated you are with their service .. It's like talking to a

3 year old ...

rudi

3 year old ...

rudi

I always get results. Perhaps you need to know how to talk with them. Yes, it is very irritating, but if you want to get results you need to adapt... otherwise you'll be getting mad all of the time.

• 1 month later...

3 year old ...

rudi

That is because you obviously have not learned how to deal with Thai's. Getting angry is the last thing you should do. It may work in the western world sometime but will get you NOWHERE in Thailand.

Sadly, most Farangs don't get that.

Edited by ES1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Can anyone definitively confirm that AIS or 12call 3G is available at PATTAYA / JOMTIEN ?

Are they still talking shxt ?

Is 3G only available at Bkk ?

Thanks for definitive and smart reply !

No AIS 3G in Pattaya yet. Closest by location seems to be Bang Saen (university city, where they hold the yearly street races).

Only operational 3G in Pattaya is from true, but you need a phone/modem working the 850 mhz frequency (for UMTS, all phones will do regular GPRS/Edge on 850)

I was at the AIS shop in Sri Ratcha yesterday to complain about the permanent call drops I experince since I switched from DTAC to AIS. First off, in their shop they have 3G.

The lady at the shop gave me a new SIM card, and when I mentioned that the call center blamed the call drops on the 3G installation, she said, yes of course...3G is coming to Pattaya and any technical problems are related to that (and only that) - she almost asked the SIM card back...by October everything should be up and running.

I was at the AIS shop in Sri Ratcha yesterday to complain about the permanent call drops I experince since I switched from DTAC to AIS. First off, in their shop they have 3G.

The lady at the shop gave me a new SIM card, and when I mentioned that the call center blamed the call drops on the 3G installation, she said, yes of course...3G is coming to Pattaya and any technical problems are related to that (and only that) - she almost asked the SIM card back...by October everything should be up and running.

And of course as they always speak the truth in this country,we now know why there are technical problems :)

And of course as they always speak the truth in this country,we now know why there are technical problems :)

cool.gif

My AIS (EDGE) has constantly got worse over the last month, to the point of not even being able to check emails. Got a TrueMove 3G sim today and to my surprise when getting it home found to have a strong 3G signal, done a speed test just now and download was 1158kbps and upload 319kbps. Not really tried it around Pattaya yet but quick enough for my needs at home for emails, little surfing etc...

Location is Jomtien, around the Soi Chai Yaphruek area.

How did you test it? Did you have to purchase a package or a Net SIM?

They are a little misleading on their website.

You can layer it on top of a 1.2.call sim card. In the mobile internet forum, there is a whole thread on the new AIS 3g launch and how to add to prepaid process. Here is the quick link to activate service directly from your phone.

3G was in Chonburi traveling by mini-bus from south bus station in bangkok to Pattaya, but not in Pattaya. Only a very strong Edge signal in pattaya. I think it was a good 20Km to Pattaya that the signal cut out.

3 year old ...

rudi

That is because you obviously have not learned how to deal with Thai's. Getting angry is the last thing you should do. It may work in the western world sometime but will get you NOWHERE in Thailand.

Sadly, most Farangs don't get that.

I did talk to CAT CDMA about their decreased speeds 0.7-0.8 Mbps down. After kindly insisting that it should be closer to 3.0 Mbps, they logged the complaint. Two months later, the internet was back to 2.8Mbps or so and it seemed to stay that way.

Edited by 4evermaat