6 Weeks In S.e Aisa Do I Need A Visa?

Hey,

I will be travelling to Thailand for 6 weeks in 2 weeks time. I know that when I enter the country i'll be automatically on a 30 day tourist but someone has brought to my attention that I will need an additional visa even though I will be leaving Thailand for Laos and re-entering.

Is this true? From what I have read online and on message boards I guess it's ok once I leave and re-enter.

Mark

Hey,

I will be travelling to Thailand for 6 weeks in 2 weeks time. I know that when I enter the country i'll be automatically on a 30 day tourist but someone has brought to my attention that I will need an additional visa even though I will be leaving Thailand for Laos and re-entering.

Is this true? From what I have read online and on message boards I guess it's ok once I leave and re-enter.

Mark

You do not need a Thai visa but you will need a visa for Loas. Can get that in Nong Kai, but you are in the wrong forum old boy.

Hey,

Mark

You do not need a Thai visa but you will need a visa for Loas. Can get that in Nong Kai, but you are in the wrong forum old boy.

Yeah I am aware of the the Laos visa for 30 dollars. Sorry about using wrong forum

thanks,

Mark

Hey,

Mark

Yeah I am aware of the the Laos visa for 30 dollars. Sorry about using wrong forum

thanks,

Mark

I forgive you

You need a visa now or you may never get to Thailand to worry about it. Airlines like to see an onward confirmed ticket within 30 days for flights to Thailand (because it is the law) and you could face a last minute booking/full fare purchase at the airport if they are strict. Unfortunately there is no real way to know what side of the bed they are going to have started the day from so it is much better to have a visa in your passport and avoid the potential problem.