Residence Permit - Alien Registration

Residency (Residence permit)

Advantages of Permanent Residence in Thailand

There are a number of advantages to holding permanent resident status in Thailand:

It allows the holder to live permanently in Thailand, with no requirement to apply for an extension of temporary stay.

In addition to the permanent residence book, an alien registration book will be issued, which is the equivalent of the ID card held by Thais.

A permanent resident can have his/her name included on a house registration document.

Also, you must present yourself at the police station covering the area where you are resident once every five years for a stamp in your book

The above is from the Thai Visa site.

2 questions

1) Most Thai National parks will not recognise the alien registration book as equivalent to the Thai ID card. Is the information shown above reproduced anywhere in Thai from an official body that I can show when needed?

2) My local Police Station have no idea what to do when I present my book for a stamp. Previously I needed a new photo every 5 years. Any suggestions as to how I can receive a new stamp and have the new photo officially affixed?

Thanks

1) Most Thai National parks will not recognise the alien registration book as equivalent to the Thai ID card. Is the information shown above reproduced anywhere in Thai from an official body that I can show when needed?

2) My local Police Station have no idea what to do when I present my book for a stamp. Previously I needed a new photo every 5 years. Any suggestions as to how I can receive a new stamp and have the new photo officially affixed?

Thanks

Learn to speak good Thai and get a driver's license. Works for me :o