Home Delivery

meadish_sweetball

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would seem that there could be a biz opportunit here for someone wanting to start a "Food By Phone" operation like there is in Bangkok.

I am sure there would be enough customers in CM

Now that is a good idea!

All anyone would have to do is get the packaging sorted out, visit the restaurants in town that you know serve god food, can't see them complaining, you would have to pay for the brochure, organise the motorcy's for the pick ups and drop offs...select your radius from town, no more than 12-15 kliks..nobody wants to wait more than 45 minutes, then your take is 30% of the order, they are making 100% mark up on everything they sell so they will be happy to give that kind of commission as it is business they would otherwise not be getting. :o

You set up an account for each restaurant and pay them their dues at the end of each month.

Oh and with about 20,000 brochures going out to the Moo Baan's and Condominiums where you know the farangs live, that creates a vast audience for other advertisers in a magazine that has a very long shelf life. I for one would support it..I would love a nice bit of grub that was NOT a pizza delivered from Pom Pui's or somewhere like that or the good burgers from the Duke's ...yummy!!!!

Advertise it on Thai Visa...not a fortune and you are in business, I know that FBP do very well in BK...and with all the extra traffic too!!! I realise that there are far more Farangs living in BK than CM..but certainly enough to make this a worthwhile venture, I am sick of only getting KFC or Pizza delivered when I feel the urge!

Good luck to anyone who wants to take it on.....anyone else think its a good idea ? I am sure someone could run with this ?

Several people have mentioned He11's Kitchen Afro-BBQ because they deliver.

He has been working on perfecting his ribs and chicken and they are even better than before. Also, he has added some new, great side dishes like hot, New Orlean's style corn bread and deviled eggs that are difficult to find elsewhere. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

He has been working on perfecting his ribs and chicken and they are even better than before. Also, he has added some new, great side dishes like hot, New Orlean's style corn bread and deviled eggs that are difficult to find elsewhere. :D

I pressume you mean the Afro- BBQ UG?

Do you have a contact numer for either of these establishments?

Or have they already been posted :o

Cheers

TP

He has been working on perfecting his ribs and chicken and they are even better than before. Also, he has added some new, great side dishes like hot, New Orlean's style corn bread and deviled eggs that are difficult to find elsewhere. :D

Cheers

TP

The name of the Afro-BBQ place is He11's Kitchen and the owner is Lateffe.

The phone number is 053 232 195

Mon-Sat 11 am - midnight

Sunday 11 am - 8pm

Cheers

TP

Mon-Sat 11 am - midnight

Sunday 11 am - 8pm

Thanks very Much G :D

I noticed a flyer of a company that delivers from a large range of well known in town restaurants; places that don't delivery themselves. They just add a fairly low fee for delivery.

I don't have the flyer or the phone number anymore. Anyone know if they're still in business? They were all very sensible, local restaurants, both Thai food as well as foreign food.

Cheers.

Chanchao

Cheers

TP

Mon-Sat 11 am - midnight

Sunday 11 am - 8pm

DSCF1442.jpg

I just called them and ordered the following:

1. about 6oz of potatoe salad

2. about 3oz of steamed beans

3. 4 corn muffins

4. a rack of ribs (6)

First, the corn muffins are tasty, but nothing to write about..

The potato salad tasted average, but was a bownish color..

The steamed beans were homemade, but tasted a bit 'thai' to me.

The ribs were large ribs, cooked, but not so it comes off the bone easily, and the sauce.. If the meat wasn't covered with something bown, I would say that there wasn't any, and the sauce tasted 'thai' to me, too. About two more hours of cooking and a better sauce, and it would have been great, not just 'so-so'.

For 365 baht, it was expensive- but they deliver :D

I noticed a flyer of a company that delivers from a large range of well known in town restaurants; places that don't delivery themselves. They just add a fairly low fee for delivery.

I don't have the flyer or the phone number anymore. Anyone know if they're still in business? They were all very sensible, local restaurants, both Thai food as well as foreign food.

You must have missed my last post. I believe this is the one you're talking about:

Nobody has mentioned MAX Delivery Service yet - they pick up from several restaurants and deliver to your home by motorcycle.

You have to buy for at least 200 baht a go, and the delivery price is 35 baht. But you can choose food from all over town.

053 - 225 025

The menu is a big wad of A4's stapled together - lots of restaurants are included. [bOTH THAI AND FARANG]

They dont have an English language menu though, and I am not sure about their ability to take orders in English - so you'll most likely need a Thai to help with the ordering.

It's possible they've sorted out an English language menu by now, I haven't used them for two weeks or so.

Cheers

TP

Mon-Sat 11 am - midnight

Sunday 11 am - 8pm

DSCF1442.jpg

I just called them and ordered the following:

1. about 6oz of potatoe salad

2. about 3oz of steamed beans

3. 4 corn muffins

4. a rack of ribs (6)

First, the corn muffins are tasty, but nothing to write about..

The potato salad tasted average, but was a bownish color..

The steamed beans were homemade, but tasted a bit 'thai' to me.

The ribs were large ribs, cooked, but not so it comes off the bone easily, and the sauce.. If the meat wasn't covered with something bown, I would say that there wasn't any, and the sauce tasted 'thai' to me, too. About two more hours of cooking and a better sauce, and it would have been great, not just 'so-so'.

For 365 baht, it was expensive- but they deliver :D

Thai, or not (One ingredient is pineapple which may give it the "Thai" taste, but Lateefe swears it an old family recipe), they may be the best baked beans that I've had in my life.

The corn muffins are fine and they hard to find elsewhere.

I'm not real crazy about the ribs either because the meat doesn't fall off the bone, but I don't know anywhere in Thailand with better ones including Tony Romas and Lateefe says that you have to boil the ribs to get that effect and that it "boils out" the taste. Personally, I stick to the chicken.

Thai, or not (One ingredient is pineapple which may give it the "Thai" taste, but Lateefe swears it an old family recipe), they may be the best baked beans that I've had in my life.

I'm not real crazy about the ribs either because the meat doesn't fall off the bone, but I don't know anywhere in Thailand with better ones including Tony Romas and Lateefe says that you have to boil the ribs to get that effect and that it "boils out" the taste. Personally, I stick to the chicken.

Sorry, I couldn't identify the flavor, but it was not pineapple, but is an accommodation of spices that I am identifying with thai food... something that I don't care for... Anyway, I hope you can accept it as my opinion only... The corn muffins is something my housekeeper can do correctly, except that He11's kitchen seemed a bit spicier, perhaps, which I would prefer. Also, the ones at home are freshest, to be sure, so it's difficult to decide which is better, and why... :o

If he would simply cook his meat longer, at a reduced heat, they would turn out much better, in my experience with his ribs, which after I cooked them for 2 more hours, and added my own sauce, were great :D

Nice folks, for sure. :D

Possibly the WORST way to prepare food is to boil it; for any length of time..

A bit off-subject but since boiling was mentioned.. I have been pressure-cooking most of my life, having learned it from my Mum, and this past five years in Thailand is the ONLY time I have been without a pressure cooker and would dearly love to find a couple of them over here.

Put ribs or any other meat in a pressure cooker for about 5-10 min prior to whatever other form of finishing/browning and you will not only have fall-off-the-bone doneness but flavor far beyond what you have experienced thus far. Vegies like carrots and corn on the cob or any others cook in a quarter of the time and the pressure does not let the flavor and natural juices escape.

My thanks to all of you who have provided alternative order-out restaurants! Like the rest of us, I have a lot to learn...

da Dustoff

Dustoff- I totally agree with the efficiency of a good pressure cooker.

For cooking ribs you can't do much better than a good smoker, with hickory, mesquite or whatever wood or wood chips suits your tastes, takes along time to cook but worth the wait.

Anybody know where to get a smoker or pressure cooker here in CM?

If he would simply cook his meat longer, at a reduced heat, they would turn out much better, in my experience with his ribs, which after I cooked them for 2 more hours, and added my own sauce, were great :o

Nice folks, for sure. :D

My favorite ribs ever - in Thailand - were at Eddie's Escape Restaurant when he would BBQ them every Wed. evening and serve them with a bunch of side dishes. I think that he boiled them and I KNOW that he added extra pork fat, but boy were they delish! :D

cmguy,

We do all our ribs in a side-firebox smoker.

As Ajarn said, tenderness is no problem, just takes time and a nice low heat, although I actually prefer ribs just a step before "falling of the bone".

We had our smoker made by a local metal shop using old oil drums and the cost was only a couple thousand baht. Came have a look at the smoker at the Salsa Kitchen and ask for John if you want to talk barbecue. I love to talk barbecue.

IMHO boiling ribs will result in tenderness, but at the expense of great taste.

john

Maybe someone should do a, "Chiang Mai's best BBQed ribs contest", although - personally - I'm not that crazy about any of them.

O'Malleys

The Chiang Mai Saloon

(the old) Filmore East

The Dukes

He11's Kitchen

Tony Roma's (in Bangkok)

(I never had Salsa Kitchen's BBQ, but I like the Canook style Mexican food! :o )

All of them are OK for ribs and I will eat them from time to time, but none are tender enough for my taste.

I DO like the side dishes, and Tony Roma's and He11's Kitchen have very good BBQ chicken IMHO.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have since tried Salsa Kitchen's ribs and think that they are BY FAR the best in Chiang Mai, but some days are much better than others. Also, Sojo's are now doing ribs and smoking them like Salsa Kitchen, however, they are only available a few days a week, so I haven't had a chance to try them.

• 2 months later...

bump bump.

Thought it better to bump a thread on the subject rather than creating a new one.

Just wondered if anyone knows of any other online ordering & home delivery site for takeout than just the pizza company. On the rare occasions i order in, i prefer to view whats available online, order online, get it delivered via an form online and then either pay the guy or pay ...online!

Cmon..if im gonna be lazy, i like being super lazy...and doing it all online rather than over the phone generally saves fuss and error..i think.

Anyway..know of any pulez? :o

p.s: Moddies, any chance of taking the good links, placing them in a thread, and pinning them?

bump bump.

Thought it better to bump a thread on the subject rather than creating a new one.

Just wondered if anyone knows of any other online ordering & home delivery site for takeout than just the pizza company. On the rare occasions i order in, i prefer to view whats available online, order online, get it delivered via an form online and then either pay the guy or pay ...online!

Cmon..if im gonna be lazy, i like being super lazy...and doing it all online rather than over the phone generally saves fuss and error..i think.

Anyway..know of any pulez? :o

p.s: Moddies, any chance of taking the good links, placing them in a thread, and pinning them?

I'm sure private pizza joints will only deliver downtown or close by to themselves.

I heard that Paradise Pizza delivers, and besides the mentioned Pizza Company, there is always Pizza Hut 1150...

I'd suggest you make direct contact with anyplace you like, and if they got someone who wants some money, then make a deal with them...

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to re-recommend Naples Pizzeria - wood fired oven pizza. By the slice or whole pizza. Do deliver, and have good English speakers picking up the phone; swift & efficient.

Pizzas are 140 - 250 B each (250 is for Napolitano with salmon, mushroom, anchovy, black olive et al.)

Good, genuine Italian-style pizza.

Tel. 053 235 377, 06 730 8268

Edited by WaiWai

I'd like to re-recommend Naples Pizzeria - wood fired oven pizza. By the slice or whole pizza. Do deliver, and have good English speakers picking up the phone; swift & efficient.

Pizzas are 140 - 250 B each (250 is for Napolitano with salmon, mushroom, anchovy, black olive et al.)

Good, genuine Italian-style pizza.

Tel. 053 235 377, 06 730 8268

Do you have their address waiwai ?

Edited by Austhaied