Waves At Koh Chang These Days End Of May 2010

zappalot

because last year i couldnt swim the sea in may due to high waves on some days i want to ask if someone can report how the conditions are these days? white sand beach? lonely beach?

if the conditions are ok i will go to koh chang for a week or so but if not i dont go...

so any information is welcome

thx

The sea was still rough enough for someone to drown last week off White Sand Beach, the body was washed up in the evening a couple of days ago

Yesterday on Klong Prao beach the waves were the biggest I've seen for a while - still well under a metre. And no strong rip. The Aussies we have staying with us now enjoyed them, thought they were just the right type of wave for playing in. But if I had young kids I wouldn't let them in the water unless you were with them all the time.

It might die down, it might get rougher. No way of knowing what it'll be like next week as the weather is starting to get into a a pattern of rain at night but with some sunshine during the day.

i am back from the trip to koh chang. luckily i went there. the waves were absolutely swimmable.

the first days the waves were quite high but no rip currents developed.

friday to sunday perfect conditions for a swim on white sands.

i think these waves are not at all suitable for surfing...

IMG_8193.jpg

The island was hit by thunderstorms at least once every day.

IMG_8276.jpg

The ones who needed to come by their own car had to wait up to 5 hours in the queue before they could enter the ferry due to the public holiday on friday.

IMG_8283.jpg

Edited by zappalot