Can Foreigners Change Their Name Legally In Thailand ?

Reachozi

Is it possible for foreigners to change their name's legally in Thailand ? for e.g in my case im a canadian but i would like to change the spelling of my name,would it be possible for me to do it here in Thailand since i am not a resident of canada at this time and have been living in thailand for the past few years ? if yes, would i be able to use that to get my name changed on my canadian passport from here and have the revelant visa's present on this one transfered to the new passport, as well as being able to change it on my work permit as well ?

The process is very lengthy in canada and takes around 2 months to recieve a name change certificate, after which only can i issue new documents such as the passport etc.. on the new name. any suggestions would help

Thanks

Could you not change your name by going to the Canadian Embassy and filing a statutory declaration (or whatever the document would be called in Canada) to be witnessed and executed there?

Simple, go to Canadian Embassy and get the necesarry paper work done and wait for ur Name change

:D Get a life Pal, what a stupid question !!!??? :):D :D

I guess he's trying to get a new life... probably there's a couple of good reasons he doesn't want to do it through his own country.

bad luck though, won't work. keep lying low or start 'fessing up.

:D Get a life Pal, what a stupid question !!!??? :):D:D

I guess he's trying to get a new life... probably there's a couple of good reasons he doesn't want to do it through his own country.

bad luck though, won't work. keep lying low or start 'fessing up.

in this case, the Embassy of Montenegro can be helpful.... :D

Common sense would tell us that a change of name needs to be done through the proper channels in the country which you are a citizen of, not in some random country in which you happen to be at present.

..the queue would be miles long outside..