Looking For A Beach Bungalow

jimmi

I am looking for a beach bungalow between Trat and Hat Lek. I am looking for one that is right on the beach. The more quiet and secluded the better. Does not have to have a restaurant or bar, but a restaurant would be a plus. I will be driving my own car so transportation is not a problem. My budget is 3,000 – 4,000 baht per night, but cheaper is better. All I want to do is sit in a chair on the beach, under an umbrella or tree, drink a few beers, and watch my boys play in the sand. A quiet family vacation. Anyone know of such a place? Mostly looking for a place on the mainland and not on Koh Chang, but willing to consider Koh Chang if the bungalow is very good. Thanks!

Last time I was down that way, there were quite a number of resorts on the beach, off the road between Trat and Hat Lek.

All the road signs were in Thai, and I had heard that often falang were turned away. Again, only what I heard, as I didn't have my own transportation at that time and haven't tried.

But the resorts are off the main road about 1 to 2 kilometres, right on the beach. Doubt if any have web sites or maybe even contact in Trat.

Good luck, and let us know what you find.

I stayed in a place called Tantawan bungalows (twice in fact), a few years back. Large family rooms, a/c & H/w and only about 500 b/n around this time of year both times. They were right on the beach. There was a restaurant of sorts and they let us use asmall BBQ to cook some shellfish we'd picked at low tide as well. About 10-15km beform Klong Yai IIRC.

On many parts of that coast there's just a road out from Hwy 3 to the coast with a resort/restaurant at the end, but then in other sections (eg for 20km or so before Klong Yai) there's a 'coast road' parrallel th hwy 3, where there are plenty of small bungalow developments, some old and deserted, some brand new, and everything inetween, such as tanawan about 10-15 years old.

If you've your own car don't worry, just get off Hwy 3 and see what there. Plenty to suit all tastes and budgets, as long as you're nor expecting wall to wall bars..!