Insane Drinking After Exercise

Any idea how to cope with the dreaded insane urges?

Drink. If you want to stay off the beer, then drink something else first, whenever you're thirsty.

(I'm guessing you're meaning the insane drinking urges... for the other urges, I would recommend not keeping axes round the house...)

If you're only drinking as much as you can count, I wouldn't worry about it, but if you are really worried, substitution is the only thing I can practically recommend; I suppose you could steer clear of activities that give you a thirst, like football or whatever...

SC

Any idea how to cope with the dreaded insane urges?

Drink. If you want to stay off the beer, then drink something else first, whenever you're thirsty.

(I'm guessing you're meaning the insane drinking urges... for the other urges, I would recommend not keeping axes round the house...)

If you're only drinking as much as you can count, I wouldn't worry about it, but if you are really worried, substitution is the only thing I can practically recommend; I suppose you could steer clear of activities that give you a thirst, like football or whatever...

SC

Reckon you're right SC.

Up until my health kick I was quite settled with a leisurely swim and 20 minutes or so on the treadmill, followed by fried noodles and a few beers by the pool, paradise really!

Fact is I can't hold as much as I'd like, and have always started to stagger at around 5-6 weak English beers, let alone the disgusting fermented bile served out here. Throughout my life I've had numerous misadventures resulting in prolonged communion with the puke Gods.

But I do genuinely enjoy my beer and nearly always feel quite jolly for it, and being as I don't need much it's quite an economical habit too. So it would be a bit of a shame to knock it on the head completely. I think my old man's probably had a beer or 3 most days of the week for the last 30 years. Hard work nearly saw him off mind.

I must say tonight I feel very healthy and much fortified by a good gym workout, so it's a bit difficult for me to enter notions of hospital tests but I guess there is/was a case. Must admit I'd like to sneak off for a beer or 2 right now but the Mrs has tabs on me.

• 4 weeks later...

hey my friend i would suggest you to leave this habit because this can ruin your health....

doing excercise is noce and pretty good but do not drink too much because it can make your life the worst one...if it continues then you can never leave this habit...

try to drink water or juice after excercise....it is benefitial for your health too

Further to the whisky, I found another bottle of something - I forget what, under the sink.

No, it definitely was drinking alcohol, I just forget the brand. It was in one of those protective nets yhey put bottles in at duty-free. I held it up to the light to see how much was left, and there was too much to justify throwing it away, but I forget what it was; it wasn't a bottle shape that I recognise, I think it was something sweet, but I forget what. Anyway, back under the sink for the next tenant.

The whisky went back to the massage shop a few days back.

SC

'nights' turned to 'days' for veracity

Edited by StreetCowboy

• 3 weeks later...

Further to the whisky, I found another bottle of something - I forget what, under the sink.

No, it definitely was drinking alcohol, I just forget the brand. It was in one of those protective nets yhey put bottles in at duty-free. I held it up to the light to see how much was left, and there was too much to justify throwing it away, but I forget what it was; it wasn't a bottle shape that I recognise, I think it was something sweet, but I forget what. Anyway, back under the sink for the next tenant.

The whisky went back to the massage shop a few days back.

SC

'nights' turned to 'days' for veracity

:D Domestos Black Label.

Your empty stomach comment could be the clue. Part of the reason that people binge drink is the carbohydrate rush that the body gets from it. Get some food down you after exercising and see if that helps at all.

Yes thanks.

In the event I got laid up with a very sore achilles heel, and during this time also reflected on the situation and my kith and kin advised me of the insanity of what I'd one.

I guess it is a bit silly for a 50 year old, from a cool climate, who hadn't played football for 10 years, and has IBS, to go out and run in the heat for a couple of hours! Almost as unhealthy as watching a certain shower masquerading as a national team make an utter laughing stock of my nation.

Anyway I eased up, and will be a lot more sensible about things, and can happily report I'm back in training on the beer too- in moderation of course, as I've had enough close up views of the toilet bowl for a good while yet :bah:

• 3 weeks later...

Mommy, my guess is you are a raging alchy. Don't worry.....you have plenty of company on this board.

Probably:D.

Raging? well most of the time I'm quite jolly on the stuff.

Alchy?, yes I think so and in all honesty I don't want to change, just moderate.

The rage mostly arises watching a certain bunch of overpaid tosspxts masquerade as a football team, and I hope this was behind SC's reference to expectations.

Some of the exploits on this board, make me feel green at the gills even when I haven't been drinking. All I can say is the human body can take an awful lot of punishment.

I do have a certain respect for these people though.

• 2 weeks later...

Numbers added for cross-referencing:

Mommy, my guess is you are a raging alchy. Don't worry.....you have plenty of company on this board.

(2) Alchy?, yes I think so and in all honesty I don't want to change, just moderate.

(1) The rage mostly arises watching a certain bunch of overpaid tosspxts masquerade as a football team, and I hope this was behind SC's reference to expectations.

(3) Some of the exploits on this board, make me feel green at the gills even when I haven't been drinking. All I can say is the human body can take an awful lot of punishment.

1) Correct. They're only human. I think what really makes you angry is the amount they get paid, not their mediocrity - and maybe that's just jealousy... A lot of people feel that way about me, too...

2) If you are an alcoholic, then it doesn't really matter what you want... the best you can hope for is to be able to decide when you're going to lose control... (In my opinion)

3) It goes to show that things can always get worse - reminds me of when I broke all my front teeth...

SC

(2) Alchy?, yes I think so and in all honesty I don't want to change, just moderate.

(1) The rage mostly arises watching a certain bunch of overpaid tosspxts masquerade as a football team, and I hope this was behind SC's reference to expectations.

(3) Some of the exploits on this board, make me feel green at the gills even when I haven't been drinking. All I can say is the human body can take an awful lot of punishment.

1) Correct. They're only human. I think what really makes you angry is the amount they get paid, not their mediocrity - and maybe that's just jealousy... A lot of people feel that way about me, too...

2) If you are an alcoholic, then it doesn't really matter what you want... the best you can hope for is to be able to decide when you're going to lose control... (In my opinion)

3) It goes to show that things can always get worse - reminds me of when I broke all my front teeth...

SC

1. No, It's about them being plain poor. I'm sure they were unfit and would prefer my nation fielded a team that was fit and fresh, and if the big names aren't in the frame, so be it. I blame the EPL.

2. True, but you've kind of defined most aspects of life we care about really. In fact addictions are an expression of life IMHO, eg, falling in love- often a bad idea you just get to take your choice.

3. Bit vague!

8>< SNIP NESTED QUOTES DELETED ><8

SC

1. No, It's about them being plain poor. I'm sure they were unfit and would prefer my nation fielded a team that was fit and fresh, and if the big names aren't in the frame, so be it. I blame the EPL.

2. True, but you've kind of defined most aspects of life we care about really. In fact addictions are an expression of life IMHO, eg, falling in love- often a bad idea you just get to take your choice.

3. Bit vague!

1. I suppose the money is with the clubs, not the country, and the EPL is an extraordinarily successful league. Particularly when you consider the mediocre quality of the clubs with which it has to work, given their success in Europe... actually, I'm not sure if that is justified; I don't think that the English clubs do that badly.

2. The difference is that when you fall in love, you don't think "Mmm, I'm ready for a couple more now until I pass out". THough I suppose you might still end up with an empty wallet in a strange flat and no trousers.

3. I'm just saying that in that darkest hour, just before the dawn, when you're miles from home, lost with no money, and its tipping down stair rods, it can still get worse. Much worse. And even then, you should be grateful, because there are unimaginable misfortunes lurking at every step for the ungrateful, the careless and foolish.

SC

• 3 months later...
Three beers and you're vomiting?

Mate, when was the last time you had a physical including a readout on your liver function?

In Phuket we play two man beach volleyball, granted later in the day when its not as hot, but we'll get in five games, definitely strenuous. After we'll throw back 3-5 big beers.

Typically some cramping but otherwise that's about it. I think if you're healthy, you should be able to have a few beers after a workout.

Are you for real?

I want to punch your face in!

If I do have a liver complaint it would hardly be a pull your socks up thing would it?

Get back to the muppets you twXt.

You owe grumpyoldman an apology.

Mate, when was the last time you had a physical including a readout on your liver function?

In Phuket we play two man beach volleyball, granted later in the day when its not as hot, but we'll get in five games, definitely strenuous. After we'll throw back 3-5 big beers.

Typically some cramping but otherwise that's about it. I think if you're healthy, you should be able to have a few beers after a workout.

Are you for real?

If I do have a liver complaint it would hardly be a pull your socks up thing would it?

You owe the universe an apology IMHO....

Generally the universe moves on you see!!!

Are you for real?

You owe the universe an apology IMHO....

Generally the universe moves on you see!!!

You posted a great post on my thread and I thank you for that. Your comment above though came across as a tad rude as the guy seemed to be offering a decent comment.

But Yeah / 6 Month old post, must stop posting when dipso.

Edited by lookingfornofixbeingthefix