Best Massage Places In Bangkok

Chopper71

I have been living here for over 7 months and have spoiled myself absolutely rotten with massages two or three times a week. My favourites place up to now was in Suan Plu on the back streets behind the market but today I have uncovered an absolute gem of a place on Sumkumvit Road on the junction of Soi 14 right beside Asoke BTS exit 4. It's called Relax Zone Massage & Spa and the prices have been dropped with the lack of tourists in Bangkok at the moment, a fantastic Thai massage only 200 baht right in the heart of things. Thought that I couldn't get anymore chilled out but I basically floated out of that place tonight.

Guys, I'd love to hear of any other great places in Bangkok as it's always good to know where you're guaranteed to get a great massage.

Cheers :)

Where is the one at Suan Plu? I live near there and never seen one there...Would like to try it!

There is one at the beginning of Suan Plu, maybe 200/300 meters coming from Sathorn, on the right side, after Soi Phra Phinit.

They have a small parking in the courtyard. You may be able to park in front of the place, there is a condominium (park SuanPlu ?).

Good place for a real massage.

200 baht is not cheap for massage. There is another area at Sukhumvit soi 77 (behind Carrefour On Nut). Not to mention the shop name, there are a few shops offering foot massage, thai masage for 100 baht/hour. Tried a few of them and they are good. Service also good and place, very clean.

In Phra Khanong: Pridii (soi) 2 off Suk. 71; 50 meters or so past the 7/11 on the right. B100/hour for skillful massage. Several others on the side soi at the 7/11: same price but I haven't tried them.

Edited by dddave

Where is the one at Suan Plu? I live near there and never seen one there...Would like to try it!

There is one at the beginning of Suan Plu, maybe 200/300 meters coming from Sathorn, on the right side, after Soi Phra Phinit.

They have a small parking in the courtyard. You may be able to park in front of the place, there is a condominium (park SuanPlu ?).

I can't for the life of me remember the name of the place in Suan Plu but I'll try my best with directions. Opposite Soi 8 there's the market with all the fresh food, you walk up the little alley way where the market is, around 20 metres up you turn left onto another little alleyway then take the next right (another little alleyway), it's down on the left hand side around 30 meters. I found the place by pure chance as it's so hidden away. Thai massage is 100 baht, oil 250.. Drop me a line if you can't find it and I'll find out what the place is called.

And to the guy who is saying 200 baht is expensive for the place in Asoke, well look at the prices everywhere else. My point was it was the best massage that I have had in my seven months in Bangkok and an absolute bargain too, and the oil massage is 300.. pretty darn good for Asoke.

chopper71

r u by any chance also one of the interested partis trying to promote biz without having to pay thaivisa any ad fee....? :)

Nope, the cheek of you!! I'm trying to find the best massage places in Bangkok as it drives me around the bend when I go for a massage and the massage is crap. It has happened a few times where I have made my excuses and walked out half way through. :D

chopper71

r u by any chance also one of the interested partis trying to promote biz without having to pay thaivisa any ad fee....? :D

Nope, the cheek of you!! I'm trying to find the best massage places in Bangkok as it drives me around the bend when I go for a massage and the massage is crap. It has happened a few times where I have made my excuses and walked out half way through. :D

I hear Tulip Massage at the soi 38 - next to the BTS station at Thonglor is pretty good. :)

200 baht is not cheap for massage. There is another area at Sukhumvit soi 77 (behind Carrefour On Nut). Not to mention the shop name, there are a few shops offering foot massage, thai masage for 100 baht/hour. Tried a few of them and they are good. Service also good and place, very clean.

Absolutely! The best massages in my opinion are in On Nut for 100 baht/ 1 hour. They are all very experienced. Sadly, there are a lot of men doing the massages. Not keen on all that body touching by a man even when the places are legit!

I can't for the life of me remember the name of the place in Suan Plu but I'll try my best with directions. Opposite Soi 8 there's the market with all the fresh food, you walk up the little alley way where the market is, around 20 metres up you turn left onto another little alleyway then take the next right (another little alleyway), it's down on the left hand side around 30 meters. I found the place by pure chance as it's so hidden away. Thai massage is 100 baht, oil 250.. Drop me a line if you can't find it and I'll find out what the place is called.

And to the guy who is saying 200 baht is expensive for the place in Asoke, well look at the prices everywhere else. My point was it was the best massage that I have had in my seven months in Bangkok and an absolute bargain too, and the oil massage is 300.. pretty darn good for Asoke.

Yes, I went there, once :) I asked for a foot massage and ended up getting a half body, body massage (lower of course) instead. I was taken in by the cheap price of 100 baht, (don't know why a lot of posters think 200 expensive, all the massage places around this area are 400 and up). Haven't been back.

Edited by evanson

I have tried dozens of places, and am now satisfied with a place where they offer 20hours package for 2600baht.

They have few branches around Bangkok; Sathorn, Srinakarin, Ekamai and few other places.

You purchase 10 coupons for 2600 baht.

Each coupon is entitle you to 2 hours thai massage, or 1 hour foot massage or 1 hour ayurvedic massage.

Absolutely! The best massages in my opinion are in On Nut for 100 baht/ 1 hour. They are all very experienced. Sadly, there are a lot of men doing the massages. Not keen on all that body touching by a man even when the places are legit!

Hi Marvin, good point about the men giving you a massage, I went to the place in Suan Plu a few weeks back for an oil massage and a bloke ended up doing the massage. Stupidly I didn't pipe up and ask for a girl instead and I felt horribly uncomfortable especially getting my bare ass rubbed !! Ended up being saved by a phone call, next time I will ask for a masseuse as I'm just not comfortable with a guy..

Hi

Another grerat spa/resort and cuisine

"My Care" at Rama II, almost no farang, and avoid we-ends as its fully booked with Thai and waiting hours sometimes more than a hour

try it, have done it myself sever times

from sukhumvit area approx 30 min via expressway with taxi approx 140 bath

Do you guys give a tip?

And how much is normal? If the massage cost 200 bath.

It really depends how 'happy' you were when you finished. Going rate is anywhere (depending on the level of happiness) from 500 - 1500, apparently.

I feel like a right cheapskate if I don't give a tip, I used to tip a bit too much but have calmed down. I'll usually give 50 to a 100 baht for a 300 baht oil massage, still could be to much. I'm not into the happy endings as I have a fantastic girlfriend so can't comment on that. The places that I mentioned are for a great massages but I have never pushed for any extras so have no ideas if anything else is on the agenda. .

Do you guys give a tip?

Do you guys give a tip?

It really depends how 'happy' you were when you finished. Going rate is anywhere (depending on the level of happiness) from 500 - 1500, apparently.

I thought that all the massage places which costed around 200 bath was with clothe on and that you couldn't anything additional to that. The massage places which would make "happy" happy started out with oil body massage around 600 bath and the additional wishes would be meet with a price category you suggested.

Do you guys give a tip?

I thought that all the massage places which costed around 200 bath was with clothe on and that you couldn't anything additional to that. The massage places which would make "happy" happy started out with oil body massage around 600 bath and the additional wishes would be meet with a price category you suggested.

Oh sorry my mistake. :)

Do you guys give a tip?

Oh sorry my mistake. :)

Seriously, no reason to say sorry.

I am new to this country, Bangkok and the massage world.

Just trying figure out how things work.

Anyways hope that I didn't offend you with my post. I am newbie in this world and want to know more about it. Thanks.

Almost any shop that you are in a private room is a place where you must fear being solicited.

Just say no! whistling.gif

Exactly, private room. But I have never seen a 200 bath massage place with private rooms- Are they common?

On Sukhumvit 71 on the corner of soi33 a place called "Magnolia Spa" very good traditional Thai massage and also offers haircut, manicures etc.

The owner speaks English

I always tip about B50 to B100 per hour (depending on skill)....

usually the massages (foot or Thai) I get cost B200 to B250 per hour....(I understand that the worker (from many conversations at many different places) only gets about B75-B100 per hour of that (with the rest going to the house) and therefore depends on tips)...sort of like waiters/waitresses where Im from....

I dont mind at all because I think its good health value (and the prices havent increased in years and years)...

but I do feel the pinch when I go overseas (even nearby to Taiwan or HK or Malaysia) and the prices are much higher (and appreciate the local value much more).....

Almost any shop that you are in a private room is a place where you must fear being solicited.

Just say no! whistling.gif

Exactly, private room. But I have never seen a 200 bath massage place with private rooms- Are they common?

In Chiang Mai, they are fairly easy to find. If I remember correctly, they are not too difficult to find in Bangkok.

Do you guys give a tip?

alright.... i know you are very generous....

when the massage cost 200 thb and you tip the lady 500 - 1500....?

is the excess for massage.... or something extra and beyond?

last year, i tipped a waitress in haadyai with a crisp 100 usd....

just 'cause.... she tended to me and my friend with every attention in dining....

every time she approached us.... she looked straight into our eyes and asked.... what do you wish sir/madam....?

we were extremely levitated for this unusual dining experience in haadyai.... :)

Suk Soi 20 basically opposite sport corner bar. its about hundred metres down from suk rd on the right. Not the massage joint that has a yellow sign in front of it. Ask for Jum shes my wifes friend but its a really great place run well and excellent massages

worth a try

Edited by Bedrockguesthouse

• 2 weeks later...

Kusuma on Sukhumvit soi 23, next to Queen Victoria pub (great brekky btw)....ask for Nid, by far & away the best massage I've ever had in BKK. Totally chilled & relaxed place.. I paid 400 baht for 1 hour oil massage & gave her 150 baht tip (anything less & I feel like a cheap charlie)