Briton Arrested In Bangkok With 150 Fake Passports

Briton arrested in Bangkok with 150 fake passports

"Visa run Agent" busted at Don Muang International Airport

Read more:

http://www.thaivisa.com/index.php?514&backPID=10&tt_news=614

BANGKOK: A 25-year-old Briton has been arrested at Bangkok's international airport with 150 fake passports.

James Wilson was arrested on Monday after police found 100 fake French passports and 50 fake Belgian passports hidden in his luggage.

Wilson, from Eastbourne, said the documents belonged to a German friend and that he was delivering them to Brussels where they were to be sold, police said.

The British Foreign Office said they would not release any details until next of kin had been informed.

"We are aware of the case," a spokeswoman said.

Immigration police said they also arrested a Malaysian man named last Friday with 115 fake Spanish passports that he was trying to take to Italy.

The cases are not linked, they said.

The European Union last June criticised Thailand in a report that described the kingdom as a major centre for passport forgery.

Thai authorities claim the trade is controlled by foreigners.

European Union ministers have warned that Thailand is a key production point for counterfeit documents used by global Islamic terrorist networks.

Source: Sky.com

another falang bum on the make in thailand.

i would imagine,in the present climate,he will get a long sentence,a very long sentence. he will be good company for the pillock from manchester with his tubs of tesco face cream.

there will soon be enough of 'em for a cricket team in there.

If any of them can play football they are sorely need by England. Maybe Sven can hire Les Ferdinand's lawyer to get them off the hook. Although on second thoughts they'd probably nick off with the ball hidden in a giant size jar of face cream.

there will soon be enough of 'em for a cricket team in there.

Good point.

Ol' Big Ears arrested a few days ago while trying to disguise his pills as skin cream seems to have much of the cunning and deception required to become a demon spin bowler.

As for the latest catch, anyone capable of picking up 150 passports would seem most certainly to have all the qualities necessary to be a top flight wicket keeper.

I'm sure that given time we'll have here a team capable of eclipsing the efforts of our current national offering. Question is, will they ever be good enough to beat the ozzies?

These are the poeple who should be hung in public because they discredit both Thailand and the foreigners visiting Thailand.

My sentiments as well, but I expect the Thai Gov. feel we would no longer vist the country. Pity really, it might have the opposite effect and entice more farang to visit

• 9 months later...

Hung in Public??? Hung in public??? Excuse me but I'm very glad that KhunLouis was not presiding over my case!!!

Actually I only got sentenced to one year, commuted to 6 months because of my guilty plea. Spent 7 1/2 months locked up because of the general slowness of the process and considered myself pretty lucky, despite the fact that I didn't even break any laws (technically, it is legal to travel from Bangkok with fake foreign documents, which is why they charged me with forgery, despite having no evidence for this case...)

Life is beautiful now, every night I enjoy my bed more than anyone else ever did, I don't take anything for granted and I'm happy that I had the experience I had.

The best thing about going to Bangkok Special Prison was that it meant that I was happy to come back to England and to stay here.

Cho Dee everyone,

James Wilson :o

Briton arrested in Bangkok with 150 fake passports

"Visa run Agent" busted at Don Muang International Airport

Read more:

http://www.thaivisa.com/index.php?514&backPID=10&tt_news=614

BANGKOK: A 25-year-old Briton has been arrested at Bangkok's international airport with 150 fake passports.

James Wilson was arrested on Monday after police found 100 fake French passports and 50 fake Belgian passports hidden in his luggage.

Hung in Public??? Hung in public??? Excuse me but I'm very glad that KhunLouis was not presiding over my case!!!

Actually I only got sentenced to one year, commuted to 6 months because of my guilty plea. Spent 7 1/2 months locked up ....

James Wilson :D

That was a quick trial and sentence. He's already out and posting on Thaivisa :o

That was a quick trial and sentence. He's already out and posting on Thaivisa :o

Check the dates RDN.

I think you will find the the Trial & Sentence would fit in.

Although he did wrong in an ethical and moral standpoint, under Thai Law he DID NOT commit a crime.

I think your unlucky Jamie, to have spent 7 months in prison for a crime you didnt commit :D

That was a quick trial and sentence. He's already out and posting on Thaivisa  <_<

Check the dates RDN.

Although he did wrong in an ethical and moral standpoint, under Thai Law he DID NOT commit a crime.

I think your unlucky Jamie, to have spent 7 months in prison for a crime you didnt commit :o

Why is he innocent ?

....Check the dates RDN.

Oops, sorry - didn't notice that there was nearly a year between the first set of posts, and Jamie Wilson's reply. :o Time for me to sleep, I think.

That was a quick trial and sentence. He's already out and posting on Thaivisa  <_<

Check the dates RDN.

I think your unlucky Jamie, to have spent 7 months in prison for a crime you didnt commit :o

Here is one very mixed up guy methinks. If he takes the advice of this guy Tax, he's innocent, and a poor sinless victim.

Ol' Big Ears arrested a few days ago while trying to disguise his pills as skin cream seems to have much of the cunning and deception required to become a demon spin bowler.

As for the latest catch, anyone capable of picking up 150 passports would seem most certainly to have all the qualities necessary to be a top flight wicket keeper.

I'm sure that given time we'll have here a team capable of eclipsing the efforts of our current national offering. Question is, will they ever be good enough to beat the ozzies?

:D:o:D

Why is he innocent ?

What crime did Jamie commit?

Ummmmm .....smuggling false and/or stolen passports for a start.

Attempting to smuggle ........, Doc.

He was caught, wasn't he?

And is that a crime - to be in possession of false documents? Most people buy one of the 'funny fake' ID cards and so on sold in Khao San Road and Beach Road, Pattaya. Not to deceive, just for fun.

Using such doc's to deceive, sure, that's an offence. But being in possession? Need a lawyer to tell me. (Or maybe several, then I can get all points of view)

Not to deceive, just for fun.

the purchasing and collecting of fake un driving licences, press cards and student cards may provide those of limited intelligence and humour the fun in their lives that they are sadly unable to obtain elsewhere,

but even the dimmest of people, up2u, would not need a lawyer to tell them that"attempting" to fly out of thailand with 150 fake passports is an act of intent to deceive and certain criminality.