Briton Arrested In Bangkok With 150 Fake Passports

I see the usual 'nay sayers' and general goodie two shoers were quick to jump on and condem this guy, quickly followed by a cooling of temper when 'HE' replied to the thread.

...and again when it appeared the coast was clear they were and are at it again with the slagging off.

Kinda remainds me of all those mouthy bastards who have the most to say from behind mummy's skirt!!!!!!!!

In this current climate, the only wrong doing was his lack of funds to buy his way out of doing time which, as is the culture here in Thailand only the well healed, well connected can do. Does that I wonder make those types acceptable as society members whilst those who cannot are dubbed undesirable.

Before any purchase of fake passports can be made and transported out of the country, there has to be an industry here making them, and surely those types will be Thai.

No physical harm was done here as in other wrong doing reports. Just another case of a guy trying to get ahead in life who has realised that the system doesn't favour him and his dreams of making it.

Back in '63 the Great Train robbers were hailed as heroes until that dummy guard put himself in harms way to protect ' government money'.

To all the armchair judges....back to the TV.

teach

Not to deceive, just for fun.

the purchasing and collecting of fake un driving licences, press cards and student cards may provide those of limited intelligence and humour the fun in their lives that they are sadly unable to obtain elsewhere,

but even the dimmest of people, up2u, would not need a lawyer to tell them that"attempting" to fly out of thailand with 150 fake passports is an act of intent to deceive and certain criminality.

I am with you Tax. And he did time for his sins. If the passports were forged he'd have another problem, if they were real they belong to the issuing government and that isn't a simple thing either.

No physical harm was done here as in other wrong doing reports
terrorists who plant bombs , criminals who rob banks and houses (maybe your house) and thai policemen who shoot tourists and then try to flee to other countries all need fake passports and a new identity.

although what this moron tried to do did not involve any violence as such , the result of his actions could have led to 150 people gaining false identity, one of those people might have been the person who plants the bomb that takes your leg off and shreds your scrotum as you walk around the streets of bangkok or any other city.

Just another case of a guy trying to get ahead in life who has realised that the system doesn't favour him and his dreams of making it.

not at all, its just another case of a lazy toerag trying to make a quick buck by the laziest way possible without any thought for the consequences of his actions.out of funds ??? get a job.

he got off lightly only having to do a few months inside.

and as for the inappropriately named "teach", we have little to learn from you.

No physical harm was done here as in other wrong doing reports. Just another case of a guy trying to get ahead in life who has realised that the system doesn't favour him and his dreams of making it.

Hi

I'm just a guy trying to get ahead in life and I'm pissed that the system doesn't favour me and my dreams aren't being fulfilled.

I was wondering if I could rip your bank account or credit card, perhaps knock-off your house when you're out - there'll be no physical harm, and besides there's a whole industry out there frauding and thieving...and they couldn't possibly be considered undesirable!!

cheers.

I see the usual 'nay sayers' and general goodie two shoers were quick to jump on and condem this guy, quickly followed by a cooling of temper when 'HE' replied to the thread.

...and again when it appeared the coast was clear they were and are at it again with the slagging off.

Kinda remainds me of all those mouthy bastards who have the most to say from behind mummy's skirt!!!!!!!!

In this current climate, the only wrong doing was his lack of funds to buy his way out of doing time which, as is the culture here in Thailand only the well healed, well connected can do. Does that I wonder make those types acceptable as society members whilst those who cannot are dubbed undesirable.

Before any purchase of fake passports can be made and transported out of the country, there has to be an industry here making them, and surely those types will be Thai.

Back in '63 the Great Train robbers were hailed as heroes until that dummy guard put himself in harms way to protect ' government money'.

To all the armchair judges....back to the TV.

teach

Bleeding hearts and clowns abound. Crims is crims sunshine.

Here is one very mixed up guy methinks. If he takes the advice of this guy Tax, he's innocent, and a poor sinless victim.

Not at all.

Where did i say he was innocent?

I said he was unlucky to have done time for a crime he didnt commit, forgery.

I doubt very much he 'produced' these documents. Regardless of whether he did or didnt, there was certainly no evidance either way that he was responsible for the production of..

However, last line of my original post was meant with a big hint of irony :o

Hi

I'm just a guy trying to get ahead in life and I'm pissed that the system doesn't favour me and my dreams aren't being fulfilled.

I was wondering if I could rip your bank account or credit card, perhaps knock-off your house when you're out - there'll be no physical harm, and besides there's a whole industry out there frauding and thieving...and they couldn't possibly be considered undesirable!!

cheers.

Damm, you beat me to it!

Can I rob him after you please?

Hi

cheers.

Damm, you beat me to it!

Can I rob him after you please?

Form an orderly queue. No pushing or shoving. You'll all get a turn.

• 11 months later...

Well well well,

I just checked back for the first time in ages and was surprised to see how many people have added to this convoluted string.

It's funny how judgemental a lot of you are, by the way.

I was imprisoned for an offence I didn't commit, but I don't consider myself unlucky, I did a dumb thing and paid a fair price.

It would be a very long story indeed to explain why i did this; the short version is i'd seen other people doing it for a long time, and of the 5 or 6 guy's I knew who did this on a regular basis (one guy was going literally every week) none of them had been caught. I was the lucky first of our dodgy little group. There's a chance it could have been big ears fault, as i was caught a few hours before him, and i heard that they were actimg on a tip off when they busted him. Anyway it's hard for me to hold a grudge against that poor barstard since he won't smell freedom again.

As for the terrorist argument, anyone in england knows that illegal immigrants outnumber terrorists by approximately 1,000,000 to 1, and the people i was shipping these books for were from bangladesh. Also they'd be used to get I.D's so they can claim benefits, but they weren't good enough fakes for travel, so I can say with all certainty that Bin Laden had to look elsewhere for his travel documents.

Anyway, anyone who ever bought a copy DVD might possibly have been funding terrorist organizations so that's not a reason for me to regret what i did.

QUOTE "but even the dimmest of people, up2u, would not need a lawyer to tell them that"attempting" to fly out of thailand with 150 fake passports is an act of intent to deceive and certain criminality. "

An act of intent to deceive????? Speak english boy!!! what i did wasn't technically illegal, which is why I was charged with forgery, if I broke a law, they could've jsut charged me with the crime i comitted, you see??? I spent enough time with the jailhouse lawyer to understand exactly what was and wasn't illegal. As for "certain criminality", you'd think so, wouldn't you, but the law doesn't work on reckoning, it's all written down, and an awful lot of isn't how you'd think it would be!

And you can call me a moron, based on what I did, but of course you've no idea how clever or dumb I really am; in my experience I've seen some very rich, successful morons, while some of the brightest guys i ever met were inside (albeit a very small number, (1)). Clever people do dumb things, somtimes.

anyway, i don't know where I'm going with this (I'm such a moron!!!)

Love James x

• 6 months later...

The hub of passport forgery rolls merrily along:

Two men arrested for passport forgery

Police in Bangkok yesterday arrested a Pakistani and an Indian man for allegedly making forged passports - and selling them for Bt50,000 each.

Immigration Police chief Lt-General Suwat Thamrongsrisakul said they were looking for nine foreign nationals who had been identified as clients of Zulfiqar Ali, a Pakistani, and a man identified as Sonu, an Indian national.

The officer said both men had denied any wrongdoing. They claimed the 23 passports found in their possession - 21 of which were copies of Indian passports, one Hong Kong and one German - actually belonged to an Indian man whom they could not identify.

The suspects were arrested at a restaurant/guesthouse in the Phahurat area of Bangkok's Phra Nakhon district.

The officer said the shop was a front and that police had evidence implicating both men as passport forgers.

The Nation

Apparently a no small fry group:

passp.jpg

Fake passport gang busted

Gulf Daily News

23rd March 2006

BANGKOK: Thai police said yesterday they had busted a major passport forging gang in Bangkok, a major Asian centre for fake documents, and arrested an Indian and a Pakistani. But police said the gang supplied people looking for work in richer industrial countries and they had found no link to international terrorist groups.

"This is one of the top 10 biggest gangs in Thailand," Lieutenant General Suwat Tumrongsiskul, head of the Police Immigration Bureau, said.

Suwat said fake Indian passports were particularly popular among other South Asians who paid $1,300 for one including visas for developed countries.

"Indian passport holders seem to have better credibility than other South Asians. They get easier permission to visit Europe than others," he told a news conference.

International security analysts call Thailand "the place" to get fake travel documents.

-----------------------

c'mon guys... get the terminology right.... it's not "the place"..... It' the "hub" :o

btw, if nothing else... the nations of India and Pakistan should look to these guys as an example of joint cooperation.... :D

Edited by sriracha john

I am amazed after reading this thread how many people on this site are so ready to condem

a man they know little about other than what has been written in the press, whom of course we all know always reports acurately.

I love Thailand too but am not so blind as to think it has any less criminals than any other country

on this planet, in actual fact it has many more forgers of a plethora of products than most.

//personal attack removed - lopburi3//

I am amazed after reading this thread how many people on this site are so ready to condem

a man they know little about other than what has been written in the press, whom of course we all know always reports acurately.

I love Thailand too but am not so blind as to think it has any less criminals than any other country

on this planet, in actual fact it has many more forgers of a plethora of products than most.

I notice a tax exile put his two peneth worth in too!

I never did meet anyone that had so much dosh he needs to be a tax exile without someone else suffering as a result of his "honest" gains, bet he paid his taxes honestly and correctly before he became a tax exile and never exploited anyone along the way either.

empty vessels make the most noise.

I am amazed after reading this post that you are so ready to condem

a man you know little about other than what has been written by him within TV, whom of course we all know always reports acurately.

I never did meet anyone that had so much dosh he needs to be a tax exile without someone else suffering as a result of his "honest" gains, bet he paid his taxes honestly and correctly before he became a tax exile and never exploited anyone along the way either.

you need to get out more then.

are you accusing me on a public forum of exploitation of others for financial gain , for illegally avoiding paying tax , or for obtaining income in ways other than within the law ,

show me some proof you stupid boy!

on exactly what knowledge of me are you basing these accusations

keep your pathetic sweeping generalisations about others , based on no more than a nickname , to yourself.

empty vessels make the most noise..

you're right about that.

Edited by taxexile

you need to get out more then.

are you accusing me on a public forum of exploitation of others for financial gain , for illegally avoiding paying tax , or for obtaining income in ways other than within the law ,

show me some proof you stupid boy!

on exactly what knowledge of me are you basing these accusations

keep your pathetic sweeping generalisations about others , based on no more than a nickname , to yourself.

empty vessels make the most noise..

you're right about that.

Names! Names! Names! I suggest you take a leaf from your own book