Nature

soohk

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I loved Tasmania. My first wife was Tasmanian and I spent many months down there fishing and exploring. It's a medium size island like the one I live on in Canada. Lots of wilderness, wildlife and beautiful rivers. The only photos I have are photos of old photos and the colours have faded.. I no longer have the negatives... silly me.

Break_O_Day_3.jpg

This is the stream where a Tigersnake (very venomous) bit my instep. Fortunately, I was wearing waders and thick socks that diffused the venom.

George_River.jpg

4789891055_bb183bec1e_b.jpg

LOL

:cheesy:

that is one of the best bird photographs i've ever seen... guaranteed to make anyone smile.. nice capture angiud :thumbsup:

a competition winner if ever there was one...

Very nice capture! A lot of expression! I bet it would also look great in b/w.

I'm particularly proud of this shot, made one hour ago (and chosen among twenty) of a simple fly on the young fruits of a palm tree.

Proud because it was a freehand shot and was nearly completely on focus, not easy with a DSRL with an heavy 100 mm with an ring flash and the subject loves to move around the branch.

EXIF: 1/40 at f11 ISO 400, 10% cropped and little color balanced.

5265968946_7aea94948f_z.jpg

Fly by angiud, on Flickr

Well done Sir. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Yesterday has been a good day, trying my fresh Sigma 150-500 (so hard to keep freehand without a mono/tripod).

5455017278_b627cfa27b_z.jpg

Egret fishing at sunset by angiud, on Flickr

5454407093_2ea0e0ea33_z.jpg

Mangroves by angiud, on Flickr

5454408771_e3567aa8ff.jpg

Plover by angiud, on Flickr

5454410169_c2f3448f27.jpg

Indian Roller by angiud, on Flickr

5455025902_c63f1f9c94.jpg

racket-tailed drongo by angiud, on Flickr

These are my first attempt to photographic hunt, without a tripod and with a 12 Mp camera. So some cropping, some noise for the high ISO, some micro movement, etc

Those were lovely shots, Anguid and Koknia. It looks like in one picture the egret is going after a swimming snake.

This is NOT my photo, but I thought it was too good not to share. Its a case of being in the right place at the right time.

Shut_up_honey.jpg

Even bird husbands have sometimes had enough.

This guy took up residence near the backdoor for a while until my GF's attempts to feed him scared him off.

post-18822-0-50346100-1298987376_thumb.j

Neat photo, Old Croc. Where abouts are you living? I've only seen the big monitors in a few locations in Thailand. They are interesting beasts.

This guy took up residence near the backdoor for a while until my GF's attempts to feed him scared him off.

post-18822-0-50346100-1298987376_thumb.j

Neat photo, Old Croc. Where abouts are you living? I've only seen the big monitors in a few locations in Thailand. They are interesting beasts.

I live on a hill overlooking Patong. Many residences here, but lots of jungle further up.

This guy wasn't the biggest, but a good size.

You are making good use out of that long telephoto, Anguid. :jap:

Thanks, Ian. For the price (around 1000 Us$) against the 5/6000 $ of the Canon or Nikon competitors, is a wonderful glass. Like every extreme telephoto, it is not so easy to use handheld, much better with a monopod or a tripod.

And I'm just at the beginning!! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived