Seniors World Cup Semifinal Matches In Phuket Today

webfact

Seniors World Cup semifinal matches in Phuket today

phuket-The-logo-of-the-Federation-Internationale-de-Senior-Football-Association-FISA-which-the-organizers-are-trying-to-establish-as-a-new-governing-body-for-the-tournament-1-weBvLKr.jpg

The logo of the Federation Internationale de Senior Football Association (FISA), which the organizers are trying to establish as a new governing body for the tournament.

PHUKET: -- Two semifinal matches in the 5th Seniors World Cup soccer tournament will take place at Surakul Stadium today.

The first match, which kicks off at 4:30pm, will see undefeated Group A winners Iran take on New Zealand. Then, from 6:30pm, Group B winners Australia, also undefeated, take on hometown favorites Thailand in what promises to be a hotly contested match.

The winners will play in the final tomorrow night at Surakul starting at 6pm, while the losers will meet in the third-place final that starts at 4pm.

In the plate semifinals for teams that failed to qualify for the Cup Final, England will kick off against the US at 4pm today at Karon Stadium. After that, Armenia take on Taiwan in a match starting at 6pm.

The winners will play in the fifth-place final at Karon Stadium starting at 6pm tomorrow, while the losers will play at 4pm.

Although there is covered seating at Surakul Stadium, the pitch could get sloppy in protracted rain.

The 24-hour forecast by the Meteorological Department for the period starting at noon today calls for cloudy conditions with scattered thundershowers covering 60% of the area, with isolated heavy rains and Southwesterly winds of up to 35 kilometers per hour.

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2010-06-04

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

If ever there were some misleading announcements this has to be it. Every day I drive along Thepkasatreee Road and see the sign "Seniors World Cup". Seniors of what ? Cpould not the

Sorry this got posated before I was finished. Here is the full text:

If ever there were some misleading announcements this has to be it. Every day I drive along Thepkasatreee Road and see the sign "Seniors World Cup". Seniors of what Basketball, snowmobiling, barhopping ? Now from the previous post I finally see it is "Football". What kind of football, the real kind called also soccer, or the American kind, which is more like a free-for-all bashing everybody around, like rugby ? However, judging from the emblem of the soccer ball in the logo it seemes to be soccer after all. Strange though, I do not see any representatives of the real soccer nations on the line-up like Brasil, Italy, Germany, only New Zealand and Australia. Never heard of the last two being in the real soccer World Cup. Is this for real ?