Fishing Venues

mcfester

• 2 weeks later...
How do you like my fish? (75lbs halibut)

post-26936-1147370830_thumb.jpg

btw: anyone knows the URL of River Kwai boathouse fishing venues?

most of central thailand is landlocked and halibut is an ocean fish ( an' one ob mine favs eatin'...got good firm flesh for the bbq, with a little bastin' wid some oil, out ob sight...)...d'you mind tellin' us where you landed that beast?

Edited by tutsiwarrior

I got this halibut in Seward, Alaska, actually it's a small one, some people got up 170lbs (~70kg) on the same day. The state record for halibut is around 350lbs(160kg).

Yes I know there is no halibut in Thailand (just wanted show off with my fish :o ).

Unfortunately I won't be back in Thailand until December ... until then I'm fishing for bluefish, stripers, fluke in NYC in the Jamaica Bay.

Edited by zoltannyc

I got this halibut in Seward, Alaska, actually it's a small one, some people got up 170lbs (~70kg) on the same day. The state record for halibut is around 350lbs(160kg).

Yes I know there is no halibut in Thailand (just wanted show off with my fish :o ).

Unfortunately I won't be back in Thailand until December ... until then I'm fishing for bluefish, stripers, fluke in NYC in the Jamaica Bay.

I knew it...ain't nowhere in central Thailand got mountains like you got in the background an' ain't nowhere in central Thailand got dat nice halibut or any nice Pacific salmon...

in central Thailand youse gots to make do with rice paddys and catfish (plachon...not that good eatin'...river fish, taste like mush wid lots of bones...ah useta live in Ketchikan...)

Blah Chon is extremely tasty in my opinion. Try bbq a fish of around 3 kg, it tastes very similar to plaice. Delicate flavour, great with a spicy dipping sauce.

sounds good...I'll give it a try. 'Roun my place they jus' deep fries the muthuh (small, usually about a kilo) with an unpleasant result...

do you bbq the whole fish or make a special preparation?

• 2 months later...
Blah Chon is extremely tasty in my opinion. Try bbq a fish of around 3 kg, it tastes very similar to plaice. Delicate flavour, great with a spicy dipping sauce.

Thanks for the compliment about my taste and flavour Womble, but please note the spelling! :D

That Tutsi fella hasn't got a flippin' clue about his fish or chips! :D:o

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

The place does sound interesting but how can there constantly be fish of that size if the lake sees so many fishermen? Are all catches released? If so, it's nothing more than a fish farm where these giant fish have been hooked hundreds of times already. I'd compare it to a hunting expedition...on a private reserve.

Never hired a guide and never will, against my principles.

Thanks for the compliment about my taste and flavour Womble, but please note the spelling! :D

That Tutsi fella hasn't got a flippin' clue about his fish or chips! :D:o

yo' mama...me old fish... :D

Edited by tutsiwarrior

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I miss eating Alaska king crab leg and long for 'Snook' fish.

Are there any place in LOS serve them ?

Your reply would make someone very happy.

Thanks in advance.