Need Architect/builder In Korat

Two Roads

Does anybody have a recommendation on an architect and builder in the Korat area??

I've been looking in the Pak Chong/Khao Yai area where we recently bought property but haven't found much.

Perhaps more of a choice in Korat??

• 4 weeks later...
Does anybody have a recommendation on an architect and builder in the Korat area??

I've been looking in the Pak Chong/Khao Yai area where we recently bought property but haven't found much.

Perhaps more of a choice in Korat??

Hello Two Roads.

Several years ago ('97) I lived and worked in Korat. I re-designed and managed the construction of an electronics factory at Suranaree Industrial zone.

The contractor who we hired is a man name 'Pong'. You can find him at Ratanaphong apartments at the 3-way junction on the way to Chokchai. If you have trouble finding it just ask around. He's a nice guy and very articulate with the paperwork and I would assume after all these years he's gained some valuable experience. I don't know what kind of house you're building so I can't advise on that. If it's a typical Thai structure you shouldn't have any trouble and not have to spend a lot. If it's a custom design using western style applications then you may have a difficult time as most if not all the builders/architects around have little to no western experience.

I am presently finishing up the drawings and details for a 300m2 house in Chaiyapum with swimming pool. After all these years I finally have a good crew of eight that know how to build western style; i.e., water goes down the drain, etc. Concrete and tile are all done the western way. If you haven't built in Thailand before read through the forum (if you haven't already) and learn about all the pitfalls....anyway..good luck...I probably have Pong's number somewhere, let me know if you have trouble finding him...good luck...

Tom Issan